Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68

Thread: Don't hate the player.. Hate the coach

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo Don't hate the player.. Hate the coach

    While I totally dont hate O'antoni.. I am not of fan of his favortism of Gallo.

    I think it comes down to a simple question..

    Are we are gullable enough to think that....

    ....if Gallo wasnt his friends son (if not his own)

    ....if O'antnoi wasnt a hero in Italy

    would he have been promoted for the All Star game
    would he have been given such a long leash
    would he still be in the staring lineup


    facts show that if Gallo was some other pick in the 2008 and he wasn't connected to O'antoni.... he might not be a knick today

    while i like gallo and would luv to keep him on the team... he is best suited off the bench.. and he is not better than chandler

    its a shame how politics play out.. but we have to admit that its plays a major role in how gallo is viewed..

    Dunlevey would do the same for his son
    Allan Houston father did the same for his son

    NOBODY can say that it doensnt have an impact on the way Gallo is treated.

    ....and thats just the facts

  2. #2
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I often wonder how Gallo fairs in practice against Chandler, Walker and Williams. I think these guys abuse him. Gallo cant play defense. Cant get his own shot. He's basically a catch and shoot player. Stay on his jumper and you can render him practically useless.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You guys are so stupid it's not even worth it.

  4. #4
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    What the truth hurts? Name calling isnt getting your point across...

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    What the truth hurts? Name calling isnt getting your point across...
    The "truth?" What are you talking about?

    You started a thread yesterday about whether or not the NBA would ever consider dropping the salary cap,

    which proves

    you have absolutely no idea

    about reality.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Can anybody here show any concrete proof with links to articles or videos or ANYTHING that clearly shows the coaches favoritism to Gallo?

    I haven't seen any at all in this entire thread. Just some statements with no credible evidence.

    I am not saying it isn't possible, I'm just saying if you are going to make accusations back it up.

  7. #7
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hitman
    The "truth?" What are you talking about?

    You started a thread yesterday about whether or not the NBA would ever consider dropping the salary cap,

    which proves

    you have absolutely no idea

    about reality.
    It was a question just to start a discussion. Plus I heard Stern on an interview at the beginning of this year contemplating that very issue. You know pros and cons...

    BUT? What does that have to do with Chandler, Walker and Williams eating Gallo up in practice? How far fetched is that? I can definitely see it happening on a daily basis...

  8. #8
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    You should have made this thread a while ago ...

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by KING~POETIQ
    You should have made this thread a while ago ...

    probably.. just didnt want to base this on a small sample..

    the interesting thing will be when Gallo comes back from injury.. how we fare without gallo and how O'antoni reinsets him...

    the next 3 weeks will show alot

    but history shows the favortism will be present.. without a doubt

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    He is 22 years old. His game has gotten better each season.

    Blame the coach ?

    What does Mike D get credit for ? is there anything at all ?

    It seems on this board that
    When Stat struggled in the first bunch of games it was Coaches fault for not getting him the ball it better positions. Now Stat shines and Coach gets no credit...

    When we were losing Coach sucked. We are winning and now Coach still sucks because we cannot beat Miami or Orlando ?

    Coach sucks for using chandler the way he has but just maybe chandler has evolved and shined due to this ? Is this not the same thing many of u are saying to do with Gallo.

    The negativity about not playing Randolph or Mozgov again coach sucks...

    Just seems like Coach and Walsh worked for 2 years to get us on track. We are now better then we ALL thought we would be in January. Lets not bull****.
    We have a strong bench, Felton has evolved into a star, stay is beyond anyones imagination and most important we have total salary flexibility at the end of the season to control our destiny. ( yes Houston trade was a mistake but u know what it was worth a shot and in the end if we trade randolph for a first rounder we lost Hill for a shot at Lebron and also had fun for Mcgrady's first game at the garden ).

    Point is Love what we have....If u Hate Dantonio then hate Walsh...For that matter just hate...

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Hitman
    You guys are so stupid it's not even worth it.

    so i am assuming you think O'antoni doesnt favor gallo because that his frined's son.. how gullable r u???

    answer this..

    Would you do the same for your best friend's son???

    u cant say you wouldnt.... so dont act like it doesnt exist...dont be that foolish

  12. #12
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    While I totally dont hate O'antoni.. I am not of fan of his favortism of Gallo.

    I think it comes down to a simple question..

    Are we are gullable enough to think that....

    ....if Gallo wasnt his friends son (if not his own)

    ....if O'antnoi wasnt a hero in Italy

    would he have been promoted for the All Star game
    would he have been given such a long leash
    would he still be in the staring lineup


    facts show that if Gallo was some other pick in the 2008 and he wasn't connected to O'antoni.... he might not be a knick today

    while i like gallo and would luv to keep him on the team... he is best suited off the bench.. and he is not better than chandler

    its a shame how politics play out.. but we have to admit that its plays a major role in how gallo is viewed..

    Dunlevey would do the same for his son
    Allan Houston father did the same for his son

    NOBODY can say that it doensnt have an impact on the way Gallo is treated.

    ....and thats just the facts
    I and a few others have made the point about Gallo all season, but these people are obviously brainwashed by the Al Trautwigs of the world, they buy into the hype and the marketing and lets face it... Guys like Gallo, Nate Robinson are novelty players that put fans in seats and get people excited.

    Let these kids enjoy him while he lasts as trying to argue with them is pointless, you get the same bs line every time.. hes young talented etc... You either know how to play basketball or not. Gallo skills are limited by his difficulty adjusting to the physical nature of the nba and his own lack of athleticism.

    To be fair tho, I think its not his fault. To his credit he even said that he doubts he will be an all-star and he did not ask for all the attention and hype that was forced on him by MSG and the media. Gallo has demonstrated a desire to get better and seems very coachable so I got no real problem with him as its his job to shoot 3 pointers whether hes hitting or not. Its more the moronic Gallo-lovers who come with the same tired argument and literally look more and more delusional with each lackluster outing Gallo has. Luckily people have caught on finally, including the press which is now giving Wilson his f**king due.

    The All-Star promotion is just that promotional marketing, Donnie and D'Antoni aren't stupid, if they could unload Gallo and AR for Carmelo they would pull that heist off in a NY Milli-second. As is your just going to put up with the ensuing ****-sucking party that goes on every time he does something remotely productive like hit a wide open shot, or do his best Ginobili impression to get to the line.

    Gallo is not a great player, nor will he ever will be but its more the fault of D'Antoni and MSG marketing that pumped this kid up with expectations so average is not good enough.

  13. #13
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    I and a few others have made the point about Gallo all season, but these people are obviously brainwashed by the Al Trautwigs of the world, they buy into the hype and the marketing and lets face it... Guys like Gallo, Nate Robinson are novelty players that put fans in seats and get people excited.

    Let these kids enjoy him while he lasts as trying to argue with them is pointless, you get the same bs line every time.. hes young talented etc... You either know how to play basketball or not. Gallo skills are limited by his difficulty adjusting to the physical nature of the nba and his own lack of athleticism.

    To be fair tho, I think its not his fault. To his credit he even said that he doubts he will be an all-star and he did not ask for all the attention and hype that was forced on him by MSG and the media. Gallo has demonstrated a desire to get better and seems very coachable so I got no real problem with him as its his job to shoot 3 pointers whether hes hitting or not. Its more the moronic Gallo-lovers who come with the same tired argument and literally look more and more delusional with each lackluster outing Gallo has. Luckily people have caught on finally, including the press which is now giving Wilson his f**king due.

    The All-Star promotion is just that promotional marketing, Donnie and D'Antoni aren't stupid, if they could unload Gallo and AR for Carmelo they would pull that heist off in a NY Milli-second. As is your just going to put up with the ensuing ****-sucking party that goes on every time he does something remotely productive like hit a wide open shot, or do his best Ginobili impression to get to the line.

    Gallo is not a great player, nor will he ever will be but its more the fault of D'Antoni and MSG marketing that pumped this kid up with expectations so average is not good enough.


    This just about sums it up. Gallo is who he is, a 6-10 shooter with no athletic ability. The reason there are two sides here is because some of us bought into the Gallo mania and "face of the franchise" talks early on. Others, like myself, have seen through the hype and figured out that Gallo is a solid role player but nothing more. You can see the signs early for players who reach that next level. Gallo has NOT gotten much better each year. Based on what I've seen he's pretty much stayed the same. Sure he's attacked the basket a bit more than usual but he's still one dimensional. Either he takes a 3 or flops his way (while constantly jerking his head back) to the basket. No mid-range game.

    He'll have his 20 point games and follow that up with 2-3 subpar games. He's not a major piece to the puzzle but he is a piece... a role player type. I've already gone on record as saying he should be in the rotation, just not a starter.

    Here's one for the Gallo lovers to chew on: For all of Gallo's responsibility on the court, i'd rather have Harrington in that position. Note that Al can hit the 3 at the same clip plus he posts up and attacks the basket. He mixes his game up nicely, puts pressure on defenses and that's what I want to see from Gallo. Probably won't though since he's had enough time to showcase it.

    FYI - I'm not lobbying a trade for Harrington! (I know how people like to twist stuff up)

  14. #14
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Why are you guys comparing/asking who is better between Gallo or Chandler? Does it really matter because last time I checked they are both NY Knicks and both are young players that are grooming their games.

    I swear some people want to see certain players on this team do bad just to hate more even if we lose a game. And Ya'll call yourselves Knicks' fans

  15. #15
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    i just want to make it clear LJ.. i do not think Gallo makes us worse.. i root for this dude...but its clear the only reason he starts is becuz of favoritism

    i want him on this team.. but he is our best option as far as having value and being expenadable to use in a trade to upgrade the 5 position...

    That's fine. I just disagree about the favoritism thing. I'm sure he has some feelings for Gallo more than other players but D'Antoni seems like a cold-hearted bastard to me. I wouldn't doubt it for a second that he would not play any player, including Gallo, just to get a win.


    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Why are you guys comparing/asking who is better between Gallo or Chandler? Does it really matter because last time I checked they are both NY Knicks and both are young players that are grooming their games.

    I swear some people want to see certain players on this team do bad just to hate more even if we lose a game. And Ya'll call yourselves Knicks' fans
    Lol! Can't we all just get along?

    We're winning, and playing the best basketball in over 10 years, with a good young core that is playing some of the best TEAM basketball I've seen in years and can only get better as a group. I for one, am happy as a motherf*cker. Some fans will always focus on the negative.

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player
    By phantom9000 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2012, 22:52
  2. Traded by Knicks, Lee Was Still a Team Player
    By mafra in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jul 23, 2010, 04:16
  3. Today In NBA
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Apr 22, 2005, 12:43
  4. Larry Brown Won't Be The Next Knicks Coach
    By DownUnderKnick3 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2005, 10:15
  5. Assistant Ford promoted to replace Ayers
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NBA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2004, 14:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •