Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68

Thread: Don't hate the player.. Hate the coach

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo Don't hate the player.. Hate the coach

    While I totally dont hate O'antoni.. I am not of fan of his favortism of Gallo.

    I think it comes down to a simple question..

    Are we are gullable enough to think that....

    ....if Gallo wasnt his friends son (if not his own)

    ....if O'antnoi wasnt a hero in Italy

    would he have been promoted for the All Star game
    would he have been given such a long leash
    would he still be in the staring lineup


    facts show that if Gallo was some other pick in the 2008 and he wasn't connected to O'antoni.... he might not be a knick today

    while i like gallo and would luv to keep him on the team... he is best suited off the bench.. and he is not better than chandler

    its a shame how politics play out.. but we have to admit that its plays a major role in how gallo is viewed..

    Dunlevey would do the same for his son
    Allan Houston father did the same for his son

    NOBODY can say that it doensnt have an impact on the way Gallo is treated.

    ....and thats just the facts

  2. #2
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I often wonder how Gallo fairs in practice against Chandler, Walker and Williams. I think these guys abuse him. Gallo cant play defense. Cant get his own shot. He's basically a catch and shoot player. Stay on his jumper and you can render him practically useless.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You guys are so stupid it's not even worth it.

  4. #4
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    What the truth hurts? Name calling isnt getting your point across...

  5. #5
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    You should have made this thread a while ago ...

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Hitman
    You guys are so stupid it's not even worth it.

    so i am assuming you think O'antoni doesnt favor gallo because that his frined's son.. how gullable r u???

    answer this..

    Would you do the same for your best friend's son???

    u cant say you wouldnt.... so dont act like it doesnt exist...dont be that foolish

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by KING~POETIQ
    You should have made this thread a while ago ...

    probably.. just didnt want to base this on a small sample..

    the interesting thing will be when Gallo comes back from injury.. how we fare without gallo and how O'antoni reinsets him...

    the next 3 weeks will show alot

    but history shows the favortism will be present.. without a doubt

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,668
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    He is 22 years old. His game has gotten better each season.

    Blame the coach ?

    What does Mike D get credit for ? is there anything at all ?

    It seems on this board that
    When Stat struggled in the first bunch of games it was Coaches fault for not getting him the ball it better positions. Now Stat shines and Coach gets no credit...

    When we were losing Coach sucked. We are winning and now Coach still sucks because we cannot beat Miami or Orlando ?

    Coach sucks for using chandler the way he has but just maybe chandler has evolved and shined due to this ? Is this not the same thing many of u are saying to do with Gallo.

    The negativity about not playing Randolph or Mozgov again coach sucks...

    Just seems like Coach and Walsh worked for 2 years to get us on track. We are now better then we ALL thought we would be in January. Lets not bull****.
    We have a strong bench, Felton has evolved into a star, stay is beyond anyones imagination and most important we have total salary flexibility at the end of the season to control our destiny. ( yes Houston trade was a mistake but u know what it was worth a shot and in the end if we trade randolph for a first rounder we lost Hill for a shot at Lebron and also had fun for Mcgrady's first game at the garden ).

    Point is Love what we have....If u Hate Dantonio then hate Walsh...For that matter just hate...

  9. #9
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Are you really suggesting D'Antoni would sacrifice his job and legacy for Gallo? That's what it comes down to. That he would rather play Gallo than win a game. SMH.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    He is 22 years old. His game has gotten better each season.

    Blame the coach ?

    What does Mike D get credit for ? is there anything at all ?

    It seems on this board that
    When Stat struggled in the first bunch of games it was Coaches fault for not getting him the ball it better positions. Now Stat shines and Coach gets no credit...

    When we were losing Coach sucked. We are winning and now Coach still sucks because we cannot beat Miami or Orlando ?

    Coach sucks for using chandler the way he has but just maybe chandler has evolved and shined due to this ? Is this not the same thing many of u are saying to do with Gallo.

    The negativity about not playing Randolph or Mozgov again coach sucks...

    Just seems like Coach and Walsh worked for 2 years to get us on track. We are now better then we ALL thought we would be in January. Lets not bull****.
    We have a strong bench, Felton has evolved into a star, stay is beyond anyones imagination and most important we have total salary flexibility at the end of the season to control our destiny. ( yes Houston trade was a mistake but u know what it was worth a shot and in the end if we trade randolph for a first rounder we lost Hill for a shot at Lebron and also had fun for Mcgrady's first game at the garden ).

    Point is Love what we have....If u Hate Dantonio then hate Walsh...For that matter just hate...

    why dont you read the thread????huh

    its about O'antoni's favoritism for gallo.. which would exist if you coacjed your friends son..

    wouldnt it..

    gallo is good... but the favortism the coach gives him.. putting him in a postions and giving him added pressure for a role he may not be quite ready for..

    thats the problem

    can u honestly tell me that our coach doesnt favor gallo??

    i think our coach is ok.. good offensively.. but lacks defensive strategy..

    heck.. the only reason herb willams in still on thei staff is because of Dolan..

    the only reason Allan Houston is assistant to Walsh is because of Dolan

    The only reason Walsh gave Isaih props for STAT is because of Dolan

    thats favoritism

    i dont hate gallo... I hate the favortism he get for O'antoni

    ..and thats what this thread is about..

    what r u blind?? or do you just have your own cliff notes version of this thread???

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Are you really suggesting D'Antoni would sacrifice his job and legacy for Gallo? That's what it comes down to. That he would rather play Gallo than win a game. SMH.
    im sayin he would give gallo more opportunities than he would give a player not named gallo... its not like gallo cant contribute... but we are not a better team with gallo at the 3 versus chandler.. we r not..

    we are better with the lineup we used with turiaf at the 5..

    O'antoni is stuck between starting Turiaf and sending chandler to the bench.. or playing gallo and sending turiaf to the bench.. but stats show that we are better against good teams when turiaf starts...and chandler should be starting over gallo

    favoritsm

    so yes...O'antoni will sacrafice a win(s) for favortism...like most people would do in his situation.. but its favoritism.. and it pisses me off..

    there is not one GM that would take gallo over chandler..
    there is not one coach who would start gallo over chandler

    not one.. so u figure it out

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,668
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    im sayin he would give gallo more opportunities than he would give a player not named gallo... its not like gallo cant contribute... but we are not a better team with gallo at the 3 versus chandler.. we r not..

    we are better with the lineup we used with turiaf at the 5..

    O'antoni is stuck between starting Turiaf and sending chandler to the bench.. or playing gallo and sending turiaf to the bench.. but stats show that we are better against good teams when turiaf starts...and chandler should be starting over gallo

    favoritsm

    so yes...O'antoni will sacrafice a win(s) for favortism...like most people would do in his situation.. but its favoritism.. and it pisses me off..

    there is not one GM that would take gallo over chandler..
    there is not one coach who would start gallo over chandler

    not one.. so u figure it out

    I read your thread and my point is the Constant Negativity towards Coach.
    You actually are saying Gallo gets played even if that means us losing games.
    So when we were losing and Gallo was benched what was your thought process regarding that ?
    Now that we are winning and Gallo had alot of playing time what is your rational ?

    Please remember who is on our bench.
    Walker....DID NOT PLAY IN BOSTON.
    Williams..Due to dope only Donnie gave him a chance.
    Randolph..played little in Golden State and based on what we have seen we can see why......He will be traded for a first rounder.
    Turiaf....we need to preserve what he has left...remember his knee can act up anytime and then he is done. The minutes he gets used have to be very specific.
    Douglas...Playing injured....
    Mozgov...Lost on the court...

    Who's minutes has Gallo been taking ?

    remember Chandler was busted ( charges dropped) for weed in his car....Not a sign of a smart dude....Mistakes happen but I am sure Walsh/D'antonio were not happy and not so sure of his future....

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    I read your thread and my point is the Constant Negativity towards Coach.
    You actually are saying Gallo gets played even if that means us losing games.
    So when we were losing and Gallo was benched what was your thought process regarding that ?
    Now that we are winning and Gallo had alot of playing time what is your rational ?

    Please remember who is on our bench.
    Walker....DID NOT PLAY IN BOSTON.
    Williams..Due to dope only Donnie gave him a chance.
    Randolph..played little in Golden State and based on what we have seen we can see why......He will be traded for a first rounder.
    Turiaf....we need to preserve what he has left...remember his knee can act up anytime and then he is done. The minutes he gets used have to be very specific.
    Douglas...Playing injured....
    Mozgov...Lost on the court...

    Who's minutes has Gallo been taking ?

    remember Chandler was busted ( charges dropped) for weed in his car....Not a sign of a smart dude....Mistakes happen but I am sure Walsh/D'antonio were not happy and not so sure of his future....

    im not saying play AR or anybody else.. im saying u cant sit here and say our coash doesnt favor gallo

    why r u avoiding the question???

    if u dont think its favoritism.. thats fine... but im not fooled

  14. #14
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    im sayin he would give gallo more opportunities than he would give a player not named gallo... its not like gallo cant contribute... but we are not a better team with gallo at the 3 versus chandler.. we r not..

    we are better with the lineup we used with turiaf at the 5..

    O'antoni is stuck between starting Turiaf and sending chandler to the bench.. or playing gallo and sending turiaf to the bench.. but stats show that we are better against good teams when turiaf starts...and chandler should be starting over gallo

    favoritsm

    so yes...O'antoni will sacrafice a win(s) for favortism...like most people would do in his situation.. but its favoritism.. and it pisses me off..

    there is not one GM that would take gallo over chandler..
    there is not one coach who would start gallo over chandler

    not one.. so u figure it out
    I disagree. I think a lot of people blow this way out of proportion. I get the feeling D'Antoni would drop Gallo, or anybody for that matter, like a hot potatoe if it meant winning vs. losing.

    He benched him for large portions of games this year, during our slump. He didn't even play him for an entire 2nd half of one game.

    D'Antoni said he initially didn't want Gallo in the draft and it was Walsh's scouts that convinced both him and Walsh to draft him.

    I think a lot of fans forget last year. Chandler was an awful outside shooter and just as inconsistent as Gallo. Gallo was tearing it up the last 20 games of the season. He was beginning to show what a lot of people thought he could be.

    He plays Gallo because of the system. For spreading the floor to run the pick-and-roll and give Amare room. We started the winning streak when Turiaf went to the bench and Chandler played PF to spread the defense.

    He only played Turiaf 20 minutes against the Spurs. He still went with Chandler at the 4 for the majority of the game, and the end of the game, to spread the floor.

    It's about the system, spacing and giving the current team the best chance to win based on the system. Not because he would prefer Gallo over winning.

  15. #15
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    While I totally dont hate O'antoni.. I am not of fan of his favortism of Gallo.

    I think it comes down to a simple question..

    Are we are gullable enough to think that....

    ....if Gallo wasnt his friends son (if not his own)

    ....if O'antnoi wasnt a hero in Italy

    would he have been promoted for the All Star game
    would he have been given such a long leash
    would he still be in the staring lineup


    facts show that if Gallo was some other pick in the 2008 and he wasn't connected to O'antoni.... he might not be a knick today

    while i like gallo and would luv to keep him on the team... he is best suited off the bench.. and he is not better than chandler

    its a shame how politics play out.. but we have to admit that its plays a major role in how gallo is viewed..

    Dunlevey would do the same for his son
    Allan Houston father did the same for his son

    NOBODY can say that it doensnt have an impact on the way Gallo is treated.

    ....and thats just the facts
    I and a few others have made the point about Gallo all season, but these people are obviously brainwashed by the Al Trautwigs of the world, they buy into the hype and the marketing and lets face it... Guys like Gallo, Nate Robinson are novelty players that put fans in seats and get people excited.

    Let these kids enjoy him while he lasts as trying to argue with them is pointless, you get the same bs line every time.. hes young talented etc... You either know how to play basketball or not. Gallo skills are limited by his difficulty adjusting to the physical nature of the nba and his own lack of athleticism.

    To be fair tho, I think its not his fault. To his credit he even said that he doubts he will be an all-star and he did not ask for all the attention and hype that was forced on him by MSG and the media. Gallo has demonstrated a desire to get better and seems very coachable so I got no real problem with him as its his job to shoot 3 pointers whether hes hitting or not. Its more the moronic Gallo-lovers who come with the same tired argument and literally look more and more delusional with each lackluster outing Gallo has. Luckily people have caught on finally, including the press which is now giving Wilson his f**king due.

    The All-Star promotion is just that promotional marketing, Donnie and D'Antoni aren't stupid, if they could unload Gallo and AR for Carmelo they would pull that heist off in a NY Milli-second. As is your just going to put up with the ensuing ****-sucking party that goes on every time he does something remotely productive like hit a wide open shot, or do his best Ginobili impression to get to the line.

    Gallo is not a great player, nor will he ever will be but its more the fault of D'Antoni and MSG marketing that pumped this kid up with expectations so average is not good enough.

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player
    By phantom9000 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2012, 21:52
  2. Traded by Knicks, Lee Was Still a Team Player
    By mafra in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jul 23, 2010, 03:16
  3. Today In NBA
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Apr 22, 2005, 11:43
  4. Larry Brown Won't Be The Next Knicks Coach
    By DownUnderKnick3 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2005, 09:15
  5. Assistant Ford promoted to replace Ayers
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NBA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2004, 13:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •