Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't hate the player.. Hate the coach

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    haha u show those annoying hollinger wannabes!

i wonder if Pat knows how that stat is even generated...LMAO

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    I and a few others have made the point about Gallo all season, but these people are obviously brainwashed by the Al Trautwigs of the world, they buy into the hype and the marketing and lets face it... Guys like Gallo, Nate Robinson are novelty players that put fans in seats and get people excited.

Let these kids enjoy him while he lasts as trying to argue with them is pointless, you get the same bs line every time.. hes young talented etc... You either know how to play basketball or not. Gallo skills are limited by his difficulty adjusting to the physical nature of the nba and his own lack of athleticism.

To be fair tho, I think its not his fault. To his credit he even said that he doubts he will be an all-star and he did not ask for all the attention and hype that was forced on him by MSG and the media. Gallo has demonstrated a desire to get better and seems very coachable so I got no real problem with him as its his job to shoot 3 pointers whether hes hitting or not. Its more the moronic Gallo-lovers who come with the same tired argument and literally look more and more delusional with each lackluster outing Gallo has. Luckily people have caught on finally, including the press which is now giving Wilson his f**king due.

The All-Star promotion is just that promotional marketing, Donnie and D'Antoni aren't stupid, if they could unload Gallo and AR for Carmelo they would pull that heist off in a NY Milli-second. As is your just going to put up with the ensuing ****-sucking party that goes on every time he does something remotely productive like hit a wide open shot, or do his best Ginobili impression to get to the line.

Gallo is not a great player, nor will he ever will be but its more the fault of D'Antoni and MSG marketing that pumped this kid up with expectations so average is not good enough.

This just about sums it up. Gallo is who he is, a 6-10 shooter with no athletic ability. The reason there are two sides here is because some of us bought into the Gallo mania and "face of the franchise" talks early on. Others, like myself, have seen through the hype and figured out that Gallo is a solid role player but nothing more. You can see the signs early for players who reach that next level. Gallo has NOT gotten much better each year. Based on what I've seen he's pretty much stayed the same. Sure he's attacked the basket a bit more than usual but he's still one dimensional. Either he takes a 3 or flops his way (while constantly jerking his head back) to the basket. No mid-range game.

He'll have his 20 point games and follow that up with 2-3 subpar games. He's not a major piece to the puzzle but he is a piece... a role player type. I've already gone on record as saying he should be in the rotation, just not a starter.

Here's one for the Gallo lovers to chew on: For all of Gallo's responsibility on the court, i'd rather have Harrington in that position. Note that Al can hit the 3 at the same clip plus he posts up and attacks the basket. He mixes his game up nicely, puts pressure on defenses and that's what I want to see from Gallo. Probably won't though since he's had enough time to showcase it.

FYI - I'm not lobbying a trade for Harrington! (I know how people like to twist stuff up)

Why are you guys comparing/asking who is better between Gallo or Chandler? Does it really matter because last time I checked they are both NY Knicks and both are young players that are grooming their games.

I swear some people want to see certain players on this team do bad just to hate more even if we lose a game. And Ya'll call yourselves Knicks' fans

Originally Posted by moneyg
    i just want to make it clear LJ.. i do not think Gallo makes us worse.. i root for this dude...but its clear the only reason he starts is becuz of favoritism

i want him on this team.. but he is our best option as far as having value and being expenadable to use in a trade to upgrade the 5 position...

That's fine. I just disagree about the favoritism thing. I'm sure he has some feelings for Gallo more than other players but D'Antoni seems like a cold-hearted bastard to me. I wouldn't doubt it for a second that he would not play any player, including Gallo, just to get a win.

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Why are you guys comparing/asking who is better between Gallo or Chandler? Does it really matter because last time I checked they are both NY Knicks and both are young players that are grooming their games.

I swear some people want to see certain players on this team do bad just to hate more even if we lose a game. And Ya'll call yourselves Knicks' fans
    Lol! Can't we all just get along?

We're winning, and playing the best basketball in over 10 years, with a good young core that is playing some of the best TEAM basketball I've seen in years and can only get better as a group. I for one, am happy as a motherf*cker. Some fans will always focus on the negative.

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    You're right.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    [/B]

and that's what I want to see from Gallo. Probably won't though since he's had enough time to showcase it.
    And therein lies the difference between me and the Gallo haters. I don't think he's had enough time to showcase it. I learned my lesson from bashing Chandler. He was just as inconsistent as Gallo last year and I wanted to trade him for Rudy. Boy was I wrong about that one!

I'll give Gallo the rest of this year, which, ironically, is actually less time I gave Chandler. If he can't show some consistency by then, I will be on board for moving him. Although, who knows, maybe next year he'll put it together and I will have been wrong again. It took Chandler 3 years to put it together, maybe it will take Gallo the same.

I went a bit off topic so let me get back.

I do agree that coach favors Gallo and that's ok, BUT he can't alienate other players in the process. Ever since he got here, some guys were never given the opportunity to improve via quality playing time. Meanwhile, Gallo gets to "grow and learn" on the job and fight through his mistakes.

Steph - No fair chance
    Darko - No fair chance
    Randolph - No fair chance (can he really be THAT bad?)
    Hughes - (defense improved with him but he still got benched for more O)

Who cares? The knicks are winning. Isn't that all that matters? Chandler and Gallo have both been playing great. And The knicks are doing what they gotta do. I would understand if the thread was made when they were 3-8 but come on... 20-14 and people are b*th$n and moaning over nothing.

ur right bro. I hate to say it as much as i love Galo the italian stalian and his game. He really isnt better then Chandler. I know everyone is saying give him time this and that. I think no matter what hes better off the bench or a good trading tool. Nd i love dude and would always be a fan not hatin on em. As far an D'antoni hes a good coach/player but can he take a team to the championship and win it??????? i dnt think so, hate to say it.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    What the truth hurts? Name calling isnt getting your point across...
    The "truth?" What are you talking about?

You started a thread yesterday about whether or not the NBA would ever consider dropping the salary cap,

which proves

you have absolutely no idea

about reality.

Can anybody here show any concrete proof with links to articles or videos or ANYTHING that clearly shows the coaches favoritism to Gallo?

I haven't seen any at all in this entire thread. Just some statements with no credible evidence.

I am not saying it isn't possible, I'm just saying if you are going to make accusations back it up.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Blas
    Can anybody here show any concrete proof with links to articles or videos or ANYTHING that clearly shows the coaches favoritism to Gallo?

I haven't seen any at all in this entire thread. Just some statements with no credible evidence.

I am not saying it isn't possible, I'm just saying if you are going to make accusations back it up.
    Al Harrington said it...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

this article shows how quick O'antoni pulled harrington and inserted gallo after two bad games..something he didnt do to gallo.. lets say wouldnt do to gallo

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

sorry for not including it in the begining.. but i thought it if everybody on here followed the knicks..they would of read at least one article about it..

im sure theres more..

go do ur research

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Blas

can anyone .. ANYONE show me one game that Gallo has put up big numbers against a good team.. JUST ONE GAME.. the only thing i remember him doing was drawing that flop of a foul on Melo.. that was his feel good moment of the season..

and denver aint even that good..

just one game guys...

Originally Posted by moneyg
    can anyone .. ANYONE show me one game that Gallo has put up big numbers against a good team.. JUST ONE GAME.. the only thing i remember him doing was drawing that flop of a foul on Melo.. that was his feel good moment of the season..

and denver aint even that good..

just one game guys...
    Boston - 20 pts (0 in first half, frustrating, but those are big numbers)
    Miami - 25 pts
    Bulls - 24 pts

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Boston - 20 pts (0 in first half, frustrating, but those are big numbers)
    Miami - 25 pts
    Bulls - 24 pts

and we went 1-2