[Article] Crawford A Fan Of Ny

rady

Administrator
Staff member
NewsDay said:
If Jamal Crawford and agent Aaron Goodwin have anything to say about it, the restricted free- agent guard will be in a Knicks uniform next season. Goodwin is working so hard to broker a deal that he has asked Knicks president Isiah Thomas and Bulls general manager John Paxson if they would agree to a face-to-face meeting in the next few days.

Not surprisingly, Goodwin said Thomas would jump at the opportunity, but he still was waiting to hear back from Paxson last night.

"I think we can get something done by all getting together," Goodwin said yesterday. "I proposed we get together. They both received it well. Isiah is ready any time. I expect to hear from Paxson today ... If that happens, we can get it done in hours. Absolutely. It's up to Paxson, but if we can all sit down, it will be done with the weekend."

Paxson has all the power in this negotiation. Several potential trades have been proposed, but the Bulls' GM has shown the most interest in a deal that would send Crawford and the long-term contracts of Jerome Williams and Eddie Robinson to the Knicks for Shandon Anderson's long-term deal and the expiring contracts of Frank Williams, Othella Harrington and Dikembe Mutombo.

http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1196

JJtheKnick

Starter
all this does is help our chances to getting crawford. he is like the only good play we can get now so this is SWEET!!! :jump:

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
if things go according to plan the knicks line up should be something like this

marbury. houston, crawford, tohmas, dampier

assuming houston is healthy with that i think we have enough strength and consistency to be a top contender for the eastern cofrence

ecspecially wiht the weakened nets in the atlantic division

Umm no way those are undersized Fowards Crawford cnt play SF all that will do iss let the opponents Sf dominate plus T.T on PF? u NUts he cnt play Sf if anythin its gona be Marbury,Crawford,T.T,Sweetney,Dampier idk i pick Crawford ova houston hes a bum Crawford is young,Fast, and will outscore houston.