Melo's Agent adding Hamilton in the mix

knicksin60

Starter
Why, when the Knicks had a bad team with a short handed roster, almost every NBA analyst said that the Knicks were a team that no superstar would play for but nobody is saying the same thing about the Nets when it comes to the Carmelo Anthony situation?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Denver wants to deal with NY because of all the draft picks they are willing to give up as well as Favors and Harris!
This is what I have been trying to get through to everyone in this forum that was saying just offer them Curry, Randolph and any other bench warmer for him because we had Denver over a barrel. Melo will go to another team and we will be standing around saying duh!!!

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
because nj has a lot of first round picks to offer,which give them a chance to rebuild and fill the void of melo leaving better than what ny can offer

He'd never agree to sign with the Nets, unless they get someone of say......... Amare's STATure(No pun intended :lol:) In the deal along with Melo himself. We already know this ain't gonna happpen. Im not worried

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Hamilton and Melo have the same agent. That's why.

I don't know what's more ridiculous: Denver trading with us for really nothing or the Nets believing that they'll convince Melo to come to NJ adding Billups and Hamilton to the trade block. What about adding Big Ben and Larry Brown? Hilarious.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I honestly believe that the Nets are using the media to stay relevant.

Let's be honest, any publicity for a team is good publicity and given the way they're playing right now they need to find a way to keep themselves relevant so they're leaking all these "rumors".

With regards to the Nuggets every talk about the Nets is trying to force the Knicks' hand, so they start these rumors to do that.

We shouldn't be concerned. The Nets would give up building blocks for their future as well as their PG and their lottery pick from last year to get Carmelo Anthony.

They suck, and will continue to suck even if Anthony goes there.

petescud

Starter
If i'm Melo, and I pick the Nets...I'm running scared...our Knicks are for real. And fo real for a long time with our youth movement

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
If Melo and RIP go to NJ. That'll make this rivalry thing fun to watch. I hope he doesn't and comes to the knicks. But if he does, the East would be a little more interesting.

la2ny

Starter
I dont see this happening.

Why play for a gutted team adding two past their prime players. They won't even be better than NY with that roster. He'd be an idiot to want that.

On the other end the cats saying him signing the extension is why Denver holds all the cards. Whoever said he's gonna get all the money anyhow? The new CBA probably is going to cause some contracts to be restructured under it and be brought down anyway so it's no certainty even if he signs w/ another team.

petescud

Starter
Now there's talk of a 17 player 3 or 4 team trade...This is getting to look like a circus. I still hold out hope of getting Melo without gutting our team. If he wants NY that bad he should look out for us as well as far as who we give up

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
I honestly believe that the Nets are using the media to stay relevant.

Let's be honest, any publicity for a team is good publicity and given the way they're playing right now they need to find a way to keep themselves relevant so they're leaking all these "rumors".

With regards to the Nuggets every talk about the Nets is trying to force the Knicks' hand, so they start these rumors to do that.

We shouldn't be concerned. The Nets would give up building blocks for their future as well as their PG and their lottery pick from last year to get Carmelo Anthony.

They suck, and will continue to suck even if Anthony goes there.

Yup, this make sense. Denver right now is making all these trade talks public to force the Knicks hand as well as Make Carmelo Anthony look like the bad guy when he comes to the Knicks. If Denver has to deal Antony to us for scraps, they can say "look we tried iur best to get some value, we could of got Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and some first round draft picks but that Diva Carmelo was dead set on New York and would not let us make that awesome trade."

Denver's front office is covering there ass, I put the odds of a Carmelo trade to the Nets at 15% considering that an under achieving Brook Lopez and no draft picks would entice Carmelo to sign long term. Right now the Knicks have a ton of leverage as we don't NEED Melo right now and we are the best and preferred scenario for Carmelo.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I know Rip and Melo have the same agent.

And, if this is just publicity or a charade or whatever to help Denver or NJ, then why would Melo's agent play along? Even World Wide Wes is getting involved. To force NY to gutt their team? That does not make sense for Melo to come to a gutted NY team. And for Melo this could look really bad in the end for his image.

What things could be going behind the scenes that we obviously have no access to know about.

moneyg

Starter
Melo is not signing with the nets...

i think the nets might give up all of this to rent him and that would be foolish....they really think they can have jay z convince him..LMAO

even if melo did sign with the nets...with them giving all this ..even if they bring in a billups or a rip... they have major issues and will not have flexability goin forward.. much less any draft picks...

the only thing they can do is sign mid level and vets year after year and will become what we were for the last decade.. melo knows this

the thing is even if we gut our team.. we are still in a better postion than the nets would be...

i dont want to gut this thing.. so i guess im coolin on the need for melo

for denver to say we dont have any assets..is just a bluff game...

like when chandler was asked about it...."i dont want to go to Denver"