Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo to Nets deal within 4"8 hours" (I'm not buying it)

if this is completed he can add an Epic fail to his resume.

On the flipside when was the last time Jersey and New York both were in the playoffs the same year and had meaningful games during the season.

Anyone kinda looking foward to competitive games between the Nets-Knicks

Veteran

No because they probably wouldn't be competitive.

The Nets might be a worse rebounding team than we are, if that's possible.

Jordan Farmar would get ****ED all over the place by Raymond Felton.

Landry Fields would pizown a 90-year-old Rip Hamilton

Melo would own cause he's Melo

Kris Humphries would grab boards and nothing else against the Knicks cause he's not a good offensive player

And Brook Lopez would do OK against us but luckily for us he's the worst ever rebounder for his size. Seriously, how does a guy who is 7 feet tall average 5.9 rebounds per game? That's downright PATHETIC.

Have you watched the Piston this year? Rip is still very good. He's in phenomenal shape and has a few good years left in him.

The Nets starting 5, w those added players, would be more than adequate.

Veteran

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Have you watched the Piston this year? Rip is still very good. He's in phenomenal shape and has a few good years left in him.

The Nets starting 5, w those added players, would be more than adequate.

Rip is having the worst year of his career, actually.

He averages 13.5 PPG and only plays about 26 minutes per game, and he doesn't even start anymore, instead playing behind Ben Gordon.

I don't see how that counts as "very good"...that counts more like "OK 6th man"...

He shares minutes w tmac and Gordon. They have a glut at the 2 right now.

There's no reason he couldn't be averaging 17-18 ppg w more min.

Veteran

If his shooting percentage weren't at one of the lowest of his career, then I'd say you were right.

Honestly he's still not a bad player, he's a good 6th man and an average starting SG but he's not really a quality player on a championship team like he was six years ago

And of course we have to realize that there's a reason he got booted for the starting lineup and is now behind Gordon (he was the starter for a while, and now no longer is)

I still don't see how that solves their point situation if it happens. I wouldn't want Jordan Farmar starting for my team but thats just me.

I was listening to David Aldridge on Gametime and he said what I've thought all along this is another trade scenario that has been put out there pretty much like all the rest. There is nothing to this until Carmelo's ass is sitting in Newark, @ the Prudential Center, @ a press conference, with a Sharpie ink pen signing that extension.

It's weird his shooting percentage is that low but he's 32. Comparatively Ray Allen is 36 I believe, and still playing very well. He's got some game left.

Melo apparently thinks he's still serviceable, according to the above sources anyway.

Veteran

That's what I don't really understand.

Melo thinks Rip Hamilton is serviceable?

At this point in his career, Wilson Chandler is better. Hell, Gallo is better. Felton is better. Landry Fields is better...almost every person on our roster is just as good as Hamilton if not better and Melo wants RIP to help him to a title?

This isn't 2004...them '04 Pistons aren't the same team as they were back then...just because you reunite two former champions doesn't mean they'll get you to a title...

Idk Rip is still pretty good. Definitely a guy you'd want to go into battle w.

With his trade to the Nets Carmelo Anthony is finally on his way to the MVP = Moronic Villainous Phony. The difference between signing an extension with NJ or not is Rip Hamilton? Are you serious?

Veteran

Rip's not a BAD player.

But he can't possibly be a legitimate reason Carmelo would extend in New Jersey.

Rip isn't a superstar. He's not even a star. He's a solid player.

But he's not going to be the second option on a championship team. He's barely the second option on a lottery team. He's a solid contributor, and that's it. He's got 2 years left on this contract after this year and he's not getting any better than this.

Nyk Logo

People....

Carmelo Anthony will still have to agree to this deal ( to sign the extension).
    If Carmelo does not agree the deal will not go down.
    Now, Denver and Nets might have agreed already but I havent seen or read any source that said that Carmelo wants to play for the Nets.

However, Carmelo would be a nice piece to add to our team, but I DEFINITELY would not give up both Fields and Chandler for him...
    We rather need a Center i.e Marc Gasol and a back up point guard i.e (Luke Ridnour)..And maybe a couple of other veteran shooters and we`ll be cont
    enders even without Carmelo.

Having a starting lineup of Felton, Fields, Chandler, Amare, and M. Gasol and a bench of Ridnour, Gallo, Turiaf, Williams is DEFINITELY a legit contender.

Remember guys we already have 2 all-star like players in Amare and Felton. All we need is a good rebounding center that can run the floor like M. Gasol, and some good role players and we`ll be good.

P.S. I am still convinced that Carmelo will find a way to play for the Knicks at MSG. He can simply do that by not agreeing to sign that extension.
    Then, sooner or later Denver will basically be forced to trade him to NY.

In fact, Melo has said a few minutes ago he doesn't know anything about this trade. Also has stated he doesn't see it happening. Now there are only two options:

1. He's liying
    2. Melo must fire his agent

Wow some of you are missing the biggest point.

If this deal goes down, it wasn't MAINLY because of rip, billups, or etc.

Its because of the money. Simple. He still wants to get paid. There has been nothing in reports, rumors, etc that indicates players will be getting better contracts if a new CBA gets done. Matter in fact its been very strongly the opposite. Melo knows this, he wants his money now, ring later.

And to those who say he can make his money up in endorsements, well what happens if he gets a couple of season or even a career ending injuries. Where do those endorsements go? That isn't a guaranteed cash flow, but in this current CBA this next extension he signs is guaranteed.