Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo to Nets deal within 4"8 hours" (I'm not buying it)

Originally Posted by Toons
    dumbest thing i read in a minute....

he is carmelo anthony, not jesus the christ
    They would be a playoff team though, w the threat of attracting Paul down the road.

W Paul and a few minor additions that team could make a run.

I know you hate this Toons, but I still think we'd be a lot better w Paul than we are w Felton. Still think we could add him. Donnie's was smart to only sign Felt for 2 yrs.

W Paul, we'd be contenders RIGHT NOW. Sry for getting off topic.

yall tight ass *****s supposed to be new yorkers raggin on a person because of grammer? lmao. you cant understand what he said because youre probably 40+. I dont care if he is a 5 year old posting, the fact is, he likes the knicks. This is a place for knick fans. If you already established the fact that homie is young, then why do you guys want to 'get at him'. Its like a 5 year old little girl stepping on my shoe, i look down, and see its a 5 year old, and i still freak out and yell at her. ***** was you bullied in schoool? and taking it out on younger folks on the internet? fuk outta here with that bs.

Its not all about the benjamins with every player, and since youre not a player, you cant tell me otherwise. and you are very ignorant for assuming he is 14. idiots.
    First of all, you are sticking up for a person who only attacks people for their posts, cursing and belittling them; in slang... Age has nothing to do with grammar and being able to construct a legible sentence. When you respond to someone's post with tone and sentiment that he had; it's just pure blind aggression with no direction or point.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    They would be a playoff team though, w the threat of attracting Paul down the road.

W Paul and a few minor additions that team could make a run.

I know you hate this Toons, but I still think we'd be a lot better w Paul than we are w Felton. Still think we could add him. Donnie's was smart to only sign Felt for 2 yrs.

W Paul, we'd be contenders RIGHT NOW. Sry for getting off topic.
    Really, we still dreaming for Paul when Felton is playing the way he is?

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Really, we still dreaming for Paul when Felton is playing the way he is?
    Paul is a great, transcendent talent.

Felton, like Chandler is just a really good player that is thriving in coach's system.

dumbest thing i read in a minute....

he is carmelo anthony, not jesus the christ
    Your a carmelo hater b. Carmelo is top 10 player fck throwin stats at me i know ball and Carmelo is a top 10 player my g. You just as ignorant as that 16 year old kid. Nd i know for a fact i wasnt bullied and i know for a fact you cant beat me. I never at one point said carmelo will be better off on the nets because that would just be retarted. I was just being realistic about it. If he goes to the Nets which i doubt, they will be a contender. Avery Johnson is a good coach and carmelo will attract tallent. Its as simple as dat bra.

I love Felton. Honestly I do, but if Paul is available, he is to good. Like Ron said, Paul is just on a whole another level. If Ray Ray can average 18 and 9, Paul would blow this system out of the water.

Melo is not top 10

Monta Eliis >>>>>>> Melo

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Melo is not top 10

Monta Eliis >>>>>>> Melo
    damn so Phil Jackson has no clue what hes saying.

Question Mark

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Melo is not top 10

Monta Eliis >>>>>>> Melo
    Wow dude.. You really have an insane amount to learn when it comes to players, their attributes and deficits.

There's just no way you can compare the impact Melo has on a game to what Ellis can bring to bare.

Melo is a world-class dominant scorer who w decent players around him can get you a 50 win season and a deep playoff run, by himself-- meaning w out another star player.

Ellis is a really good scorer on a bad team. That's it..

He is not of Melo's ilk. Stop.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Wow dude.. You really have an insane amount to learn when it comes to players, their attributes and deficits.

There's just no way you can compare the impact Melo has on a game to what Ellis can bring to bare.

Melo is a world-class dominant scorer who w decent players around him can get you a 50 win season and a deep playoff run, by himself-- meaning w out another star player.

Ellis is a really good scorer on a bad team. That's it..

He is not of Melo's ilk. Stop.
    Rona why is it that me and you are the only ones to understand that.

Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    Rona why is it that me and you are the only ones to understand that.
    I can see where both of you guys are coming from, and agree. I can also understand where Knicksfan can say what he is saying. Yes, Ellis is a scorer on a bad team. Hopefully we all agree on that. On the other hand, IF Ellis were in a better system and good locker room leadership (ie, STAT since he's come to NY or Boston) Ellis could shake that label. Carmelo though is a much better all around player than Ellis. Rebounds at a higher rate, creates for others, AND scores the ball well. Like Rono said, Melo took a mediocre team to 50+ wins and the playoffs by himself. If Melo is a man of his word he waits it out till FAgency or forces Denver to deal him to NY at the deadline for pennies on the dollar so we can keep most of our lineup intact. If Melo is there and can be had at a reasonable price you go out and get him. For all we know the DLee deal over the summer may at one time have included Ellis but, I'm wagering a bet here that their GM valued him higher than his true value when you break down his game and stats and Donnie passed.

Originally Posted by nyk1986
    I can see where both of you guys are coming from, and agree. I can also understand where Knicksfan can say what he is saying. Yes, Ellis is a scorer on a bad team. Hopefully we all agree on that. On the other hand, IF Ellis were in a better system and good locker room leadership (ie, STAT since he's come to NY or Boston) Ellis could shake that label. Carmelo though is a much better all around player than Ellis. Rebounds at a higher rate, creates for others, AND scores the ball well. Like Rono said, Melo took a mediocre team to 50+ wins and the playoffs by himself. If Melo is a man of his word he waits it out till FAgency or forces Denver to deal him to NY at the deadline for pennies on the dollar so we can keep most of our lineup intact. If Melo is there and can be had at a reasonable price you go out and get him. For all we know the DLee deal over the summer may at one time have included Ellis but, I'm wagering a bet here that their GM valued him higher than his true value when you break down his game and stats and Donnie passed.
    Good post!

Ellis brings all the attention on offense that Melo brings he can score from all over the court and actually spreads the ball better than Melo. Some of you haven't seen Melo play only playoffs. Billups and Nene carry Melo year in and year out so far to the playoffs. Melo scores that's it. We are already the highest scoring offense but one of the lower defense teams and your idea is to bring in more offense.

Melo is sometimes a black hole on offense, Remember the Nuggets vs Knicks game how many times did Clyde say he ain't passing that up and Melo shot jumper after jumper. I even watched a few games on league pass this guy goes iso mode and keeps his head towards the rim no passes.

Damn son I would love the Day people think for themselves and stop letting the media tell them what to think.

We don't need no Melo. The crazy thing is a lot of people lobbying for Melo where saying Yellow Mellow and few months back. That sound familiar.

Go check metro's old thread and you'll see. Damn everyone just follows what ever player espn says we need

It's one thing to call overrated, and state that Melo isn't a "superstar" just a "star", but to say Monta Ellis is better than him is a whole other thing. That's not true. Melo is better than Monta Ellis. Monta is so overrated himself.

I personally believe Melo is a superstar, but I understand and agree with some of the points some of the non-believers make. But I can not agree that Ellis is better than Melo.

Only a complete retard would take Monta Ellis over 'Melo, and luckily, Donnie Walsh is not one of them.