OK Fellas Y take STAT out for TD?

welcometonycity

Rotation player
We should of gave Turiaf more minutes, and after Walker missed those 3 free throws he should of been benched the whole game. D'ant should of noticed how much size the Lakers had on us and subbed in Mozgov for Stat. Start Turiaf WITH Amare so we have some presence downlow man!! cmon son

nyk_nyk

All Star
We should of gave Turiaf more minutes, and after Walker missed those 3 free throws he should of been benched the whole game. D'ant should of noticed how much size the Lakers had on us and subbed in Mozgov for Stat. Start Turiaf WITH Amare so we have some presence downlow man!! cmon son
I didn't mind Dantoni's strategy going into the game. It looked good to begin with and produced some favorable results, but after the Lakers made some adjustments defensively, it was clear that we needed to get more size out there and Dantoni completely ignorerd that. Dantoni tried to get back into the game with 3 pointers against a great defensive team. That will almost never work. The keys to getting back in games are defense, taking high percentage shots and getting to the FT line. As soon as LA was up by 10 I knew it was over. Amare is not as efficient against big teams and no one was making and effort to get to the FT line.

I love the new look Knicks but this style will not win in a 7 game series against a good defensive team. I, like most traditional basketball minds believe shooting 3 pointers in volume is "fools' gold".

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I didn't mind Dantoni's strategy going into the game. It looked good to begin with and produced some favorable results, but after the Lakers made some adjustments defensively, it was clear that we needed to get more size out there and Dantoni completely ignorerd that. Dantoni tried to get back into the game with 3 pointers against a great defensive team. That will almost never work. The keys to getting back in games are defense, taking high percentage shots and getting to the FT line. As soon as LA was up by 10 I knew it was over. Amare is not as efficient against big teams and no one was making and effort to get to the FT line.

I love the new look Knicks but this style will not win in a 7 game series against a good defensive team. I, like most traditional basketball minds believe shooting 3 pointers in volume is "fools' gold".

You are right my man. We started off the game great and gave them like 3 or 4 turnovers EARLY. But once Phil switched things up, instead of D'ant being stubborn and playing his game he should of put Turiaf in there or Mozgov dont you think? Your so right we will never win 7 game seriess againt a team with a Big that plays good defense. We just wont. D'ant can get us to the playoffs im just not sure how far he can get us with the way hes coaching.

skisloper

Starter
U guys always make me laugh.....

If Felton and Stat were hitting their shots in the first half and our team hit their free throws we would have had a nice lead at the half....

It had zero to do with subs. No matter who we had to compete with Bynum, Odom and Gasol inside is impossible......we do not have that kind of roster,,,

Say what you want about Gallo but I do think he could have made a difference,,,

Bottom line when we were up in the first quarter that was our game strategy...run and gun...we took great shots in the first half but had an off shooting night...

It amazes me how many monday night QB's there are after each game...

If Shawn Williams had 30 people would have praised him and knocked the coach about Gallo....

New Yorkers are the toughest and best fans...

Loved Williams protecting Fields...

With this said we do need a talented bigman.....Odom would be perfect.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
U guys always make me laugh.....

If Felton and Stat were hitting their shots in the first half and our team hit their free throws we would have had a nice lead at the half....

It had zero to do with subs. No matter who we had to compete with Bynum, Odom and Gasol inside is impossible......we do not have that kind of roster,,,

Say what you want about Gallo but I do think he could have made a difference,,,

Bottom line when we were up in the first quarter that was our game strategy...run and gun...we took great shots in the first half but had an off shooting night...

It amazes me how many monday night QB's there are after each game...

If Shawn Williams had 30 people would have praised him and knocked the coach about Gallo....

New Yorkers are the toughest and best fans...

Loved Williams protecting Fields...

With this said we do need a talented bigman.....Odom would be perfect.

You make me laff too. The key word in your post is "IF" if this if that.
We cant be a good team saying if we hit are shots. I agree with you tho. Galo would of helped and freethrows would of helped too. But our strategy is always run and gun. Its not about monday night Qbs its about having a problem with the way our coach coaches and how far can that get us against good teams? Im not knockin you or nothing homie because my main point was that we need more then what we have now, like you said we need a talented bigman.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
You make me laff too. The key word in your post is "IF" if this if that.
We cant be a good team saying if we hit are shots. I agree with you tho. Galo would of helped and freethrows would of helped too. But our strategy is always run and gun. Its not about monday night Qbs its about having a problem with the way our coach coaches and how far can that get us against good teams? Im not knockin you or nothing homie because my main point was that we need more then what we have now, like you said we need a talented bigman.

We need a talented bigman that whether people like it or not who fits into the Dantonio style....

The point on the IF's were that this team is designed to win and lose that way..

After watching last night it made me feel like a guy like Odom is what we are missing....Nothing more nothing less....

welcometonycity

Rotation player
We need a talented bigman that whether people like it or not who fits into the Dantonio style....

The point on the IF's were that this team is designed to win and lose that way..

After watching last night it made me feel like a guy like Odom is what we are missing....Nothing more nothing less....

ok well i feel the same way... IF we shoot good (over 45 50 percent) we win, if we dont shoot good we lose. Simple as that.

nyk_nyk

All Star

So your saying we need a big that doesn't rebound, have low post skills or play defense all that well but can hit mid range and 3 pt shots? For this system I guess so but if you have titles on your mind like I do then you should know half court play and defense wins titles. Its a fact.

skisloper

Starter
So your saying we need a big that doesn't rebound, have low post skills or play defense all that well but can hit mid range and 3 pt shots? For this system I guess so but if you have titles on your mind like I do then you should know half court play and defense wins titles. Its a fact.

Odom would be perfect....I know it cannot happen but he is such the 5th player we need taking into mike d system.....