LakerSource

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
Not to spam or anything, but I just want to ask you guys to register at this new site. It's www.lakersource.com and it's an affliate of KnicksOnline. We could use some good posters. We only have 21 registered members seeing as though the forums have been up for about 4 days. Please come on over. Rady has worked on the forums to make it nice. Not as nice as this one because these have Orange and Blue. Still nice though. PLEASE register. I know newmove did.
Thanks to all who register.

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
Just my two cents on this LakerSource site:

A complete attempt at ripping off ClubLakers. As a staff member over at CL, I know the LakerSource owner has repeatedly spammed our forums and keeps re-registering over there in a desperate attempt to take members away from us.

It's one thing that this guy is spamming our entire forums, but the fact that he's attempting to create a "rival" Laker site that gains members through spam is upsetting. We keep having to delete this guy's account, but he keeps returning.

ClubLakers.com unfortunately is down right now, but when the server gets back up, please check out the "similarities" between the forum layout, design and titles between CL.com and LakerSource. I won't even say anything-- I'll allow you all to judge for yourselves.

I know you're an admin over there, OTK, but please tell this guy to quit spamming. ClubLakers, LakersGround and LakersTalk all built their fanbases the hard way-- no spam. I think it would be an injustice to my site along with the other two sites for this guy to continuously attempt to steal members through spam.

I'm not going to start up a big protest, stop you from going to the site or anything like that-- go ahead and enjoy LakerSource. However, I feel it would be unfair if you all didn't know about this, considering the hard work the other three Laker sites have put in.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
BryantDunkGiant said:
Just my two cents on this LakerSource site:

A complete attempt at ripping off ClubLakers. As a staff member over at CL, I know the LakerSource owner has repeatedly spammed our forums and keeps re-registering over there in a desperate attempt to take members away from us.

It's one thing that this guy is spamming our entire forums, but the fact that he's attempting to create a "rival" Laker site that gains members through spam is upsetting. We keep having to delete this guy's account, but he keeps returning.

ClubLakers.com unfortunately is down right now, but when the server gets back up, please check out the "similarities" between the forum layout, design and titles between CL.com and LakerSource. I won't even say anything-- I'll allow you all to judge for yourselves.

I know you're an admin over there, OTK, but please tell this guy to quit spamming. ClubLakers, LakersGround and LakersTalk all built their fanbases the hard way-- no spam. I think it would be an injustice to my site along with the other two sites for this guy to continuously attempt to steal members through spam.

I'm not going to start up a big protest, stop you from going to the site or anything like that-- go ahead and enjoy LakerSource. However, I feel it would be unfair if you all didn't know about this, considering the hard work the other three Laker sites have put in.
I think it's fine. We didn't copy your skin or anything and our bos spammed your board because he had CL members spam ours. We never had any intentions of becoming rivals with you guys I don't know where you got that from I thought things would be cool. We aren't trying to rip you guys off and we have people who aren't Laker fans as mods which makes us more unbiased to the Lakers.

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
Our members spammed the LakerSource board? Who did it and why would they do that?

Your forums have only been open for a few days and CL doesn't need to do that, so that's kind of surprising that you'd say that.

If you could show me who did that and give me a link to the threads where it occured, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to know, because we've never done that before, and I'd like to know who did it as you say.

I seriously doubt CL members would spam LakerSource, considering that 90% of the members on those forums come from CL and KnicksOnline. There'd be no need to do that.

Regardless, it's one thing when a regular member from CL does it, because the staff can't control that. However, when a site's owner does it (LakerSource), it's pretty annoying and low to do. The difference, like I said is that we as ClubLakers staff can't control what other people say on other boards and the staff isn't going around spamming desperately for members. I for one can guarantee that no one on the staff has done that because we have high standards for the integrity of our site.

It doesn't make sense why anyone from CL (over 2000 members) would spam LakerSource (30+ members last time I checked). CL is already an established site and it's been around for a while. LakerSource is just getting a start and it was fairly obvious that the owner of the site only was using the ClubLakers forums to help launch his own site.

It's very funny that after I just posted this, the owner changed "Lakers Discussion", a complete ripoff of our "Lakers Discussion" forum to "General Lakers Discussion."

The reason I said "rival" was that he seems to want to create somewhat of a rivalry the way he's attempting to steal members from our site. Obviously that's not going to sit well with the people that work hard to make CL what it is. Therefore, if your "boss" keeps trying desperately to make a name for himself by spamming our site, things won't "be cool" as you say.

We have no problems with LakersGround.net or LakersTalk. Why? Because they don't spam and rely on the features and good service they provide to gain members. The fact is that no one is going to appreciate it.

However, I'd like concrete proof of this if you're going to say that CL members went and "spammed" LakerSource.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
BDG, I do not think you're aware of the fact that we recently switched servers and had to redo our forums. We've had various accounts we had to delete. Some were like this: clublakersrules, LS sucks, etc. They would go on the main forum an say how great a site CL was. Would you want five accounts on CL by the name of CLUBLAKERSSUCKS? I don't think so.
Just because our skin is KIND OF like yours, BARELY is, doesn't matter because ours was made like any other I don't care if you guys had it first. Tough cookies, I'm sure there are a lot of sites with the same skin.

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
Only The Knicks said:
BDG, I do not think you're aware of the fact that we recently switched servers and had to redo our forums. We've had various accounts we had to delete. Some were like this: clublakersrules, LS sucks, etc. They would go on the main forum an say how great a site CL was. Would you want five accounts on CL by the name of CLUBLAKERSSUCKS? I don't think so.
Just because our skin is KIND OF like yours, BARELY is, doesn't matter because ours was made like any other I don't care if you guys had it first. Tough cookies, I'm sure there are a lot of sites with the same skin.
There's a difference between the OWNER of a site going out and spamming for his own site and random unidentified members doing it.

Your OWNER came to our site. Like I said, we can't control our 2000 members and they can go wherever they want and say whatever they want. You took care of their "spamming" accordingly on your site just like we would do on ours.

However, CL's not their own personal site that they spammed for and they have nothing to gain from it other than amusing themselves. For the actual owner of a site to go ahead and spam an established fan page with a loyal fanbase is very low (as LakerSource did). It makes it obvious that your owner is desperate for members and can't come up with any original ideas on his own to attract people to his forums.

For example, you yourself got upset at a post over at CL because the Pistons fan was spamming:

Only The Knicks said:
FZC said:
As a Laker Hater and Piston fan, I hate you all... (kidding)

That said, I run 2 websites. 1 is strictly a Detroit sports fan site much like this, another is a message board that launched yesterday. It's main purpose is to get some of the best fan sites on the web together, give them a place to network and learn about other like sites. Spamming your site is not only allowed, it's expected.

There are only 2 sites there now, but we emailed about 150 more this morning, and we're hoping many reply.

I learned about this one from knicksonline.com...and I like it. We'd love to have you guys post there.

www.fanzonecentral.com

Hopefully we'll see you guys represented there!
YOU IDIOT!! FIRST YOU SPAM KNICKSONLINE AND NOW THIS?!?!?!? Lay off!!! :disagree: :disagree:

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15771

Now please tell me what is the difference between the LakerSource owner coming and doing this within every single one of his posts and this guy doing it here once? It's not that LakerSource "mentioned" it one time or anything that he has a new site, but to continually try and drag members over by advertising his site in 90% of his posts is low.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
The unoriginality of LS amazes me. A lot of the same forum names as CL and a lot are in the same order. If I wanted to create a quick Laker site, I could copy and paste another site too, it's not hard, my 5 year old cousin could do it. Then just switch up the order and add a word here and there. The point in a site, if you want it to be successful is to be original (LS isn't), to come up with YOUR OWN ideas and features to attract members (LS doesn't have any), grow and gain members by people finding out about the site (LS isn't doing this), instead of spamming on other sites to attract members (LS did do this). That is the easy and cheap way to get members. And it doesn't work.

A member at CL has tried this before--spamming, copying CL features, and trying to steal members, but his site was never a success and went down the drain rather quickly.

Copying a site does the new site no good. Why would a person want to go to a knockoff of a site, when they could go to the real one with more features? They wouldn't and you will find this out rather quickly.

So, in closing, have fun with this little site, but if you ever want any regular members, think of something original, come up with your own stuff, and get members without spamming.

AJD

Benchwarmer
jsm0331 said:
The unoriginality of LS amazes me. A lot of the same forum names as CL and a lot are in the same order. If I wanted to create a quick Laker site, I could copy and paste another site too, it's not hard, my 5 year old cousin could do it. Then just switch up the order and add a word here and there. The point in a site, if you want it to be successful is to be original (LS isn't), to come up with YOUR OWN ideas and features to attract members (LS doesn't have any), grow and gain members by people finding out about the site (LS isn't doing this), instead of spamming on other sites to attract members (LS did do this). That is the easy and cheap way to get members. And it doesn't work.

A member at CL has tried this before--spamming, copying CL features, and trying to steal members, but his site was never a success and went down the drain rather quickly.

Copying a site does the new site no good. Why would a person want to go to a knockoff of a site, when they could go to the real one with more features? They wouldn't and you will find this out rather quickly.

So, in closing, have fun with this little site, but if you ever want any regular members, think of something original, come up with your own stuff, and get members without spamming.
:lol: You're just bitter that there is going to be yet another Laker forum.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
AJD said:

Why would that bother me? That doesn't bother me one bit, I wish there little forum the best of luck. What does bother me is when member from that site continuously come over to CL and spam their site. That is the lazy way to get a member base.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
jsm0331 said:
AJD said:

Why would that bother me? That doesn't bother me one bit, I wish there little forum the best of luck. What does bother me is when member from that site continuously come over to CL and spam their site. That is the lazy way to get a member base.
Haha you take this crap way too seriously you're like "I wish there little forum the best of luck". HAHAHAHA you know LakersGround.net can say that about your forum seeing as though they've got more than twice as many members as you. We've been up for about 6 days, 55 members, most users ever online was 24 with 2 affiliates. We don't spam, I'd like some proof BDG.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
you know LakersGround.net can say that about your forum seeing as though they've got more than twice as many members as you.
now that's just something you shouldn't have said. if you're looking after the total posts of each board, you'll see that clublakers is 3 times bigger.

To the clublaker staff.

I have been banned because i got into a fight with a member named Mookie. Then he banner me from the site. Then that day JSM came to the site and made a user name CLUBLAKERSRULES. I dont know how i spam when im banned from the site. And i told my staff to not spam at CL or advertise there., but someone told me that lord johnny did it.

2nd. I know i spammed alot when i started that kobe website, but i was dumb for doing that, and i never did it again, and i said sorry for that.

We didnt copy CL in no way. Our forum is very differnt, you guys dont have a graphics section, or a basketball tips section.

Now the colors, there going to maybe look the same because it is a Lakers Forum.

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
Thanks rady for the laugh :lol:

You don't spam? Your owner just admitted it.

And how about that little "JohnnyBeGood" stunt you guys pulled today? Another spam attempt even after these posts.

Stop BSing, LakerSource. You were kobebryant on our site and we know your IP address every time you come back and post. You can't get around that fact.

No one cares about how many members you have even though 99% of them registered through spam. The point is we wouldn't have a problem with your site if you (1) came up with your own ideas and (2) gain members without spamming our site.

Second off, you got banned for SPAMMING! What fight with Mookie? Do you think we don't remember this stuff?

This is the same guy that tried to steal my daily highlights and tried to cover it up like you were "learning how to make videos": http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8968&start=0 (must be logged in to view)

Your forums aren't the same? Then why did you PM clublakers himself asking if you could use the code from our forums? Hmmm? I realize here's no way for me to show evidence of this, since it was through a PM you sent to him, but I'd just like to remind you of that. :lol:

Never spammed? Need proof?
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7956&start=0
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8727
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10796&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10932&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

I'm not gonna dig up every single thread of yours, but there's a few for starters.

And how do you know that was jsm?? You have no idea what his IP address is and you're just throwing that out there because you have nothing to back up your claims.

If there's one word that sums up your actions it's "desperate." :lol: