My Knicks Championship moves

Toons

is the Bo$$
to get a ring next year, i have a sure fire player, and a gamble player.

they are

Melo & Oden

Felton
Chandler
Melo
Amare
Oden

Melo trade - Gallo, (douglas for a first rounder), azubuike expiring contract & williams for melo.

Oden trade - curry's contract for oden straight up.

i dont know, oden isnt giving up on basketball....im not givin up on him, i always liked greg. he was drafted before durant....so people saw it in him.

imagine a healthy oden and amare......people doubted amare too...

skisloper

Starter
Oden ???? why would we take a chance. Knicks are in such a good position with Talent and Salary Flexibility we no longer need to roll the dice Isiah style.

I wish Dolan the MORON would give Walsh his contract extension, In 2 years this guy has made us playoff contenders and heading into 2012 with the ability to sign a major star or 2 solid players and again in 2013.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Oden ???? why would we take a chance. Knicks are in such a good position with Talent and Salary Flexibility we no longer need to roll the dice Isiah style.

I wish Dolan the MORON would give Walsh his contract extension, In 2 years this guy has made us playoff contenders and heading into 2012 with the ability to sign a major star or 2 solid players and again in 2013.

im a poker player, shoot dice and play backgammon, so i guess rolling the dice is my style. We took a chance on the ''injury prone'' amare....
i have seen a few poster talk about marcus camby....we all know how he was with injury. why not take a chance on oden? its not like he's gonna get a big contract, he's gonna have to earn it. Low risk, High reward

skisloper

Starter
im a poker player, shoot dice and play backgammon, so i guess rolling the dice is my style. We took a chance on the ''injury prone'' amare....
i have seen a few poster talk about marcus camby....we all know how he was with injury. why not take a chance on oden? its not like he's gonna get a big contract, he's gonna have to earn it. Low risk, High reward

Amare had one issue with his knees,,,,The other injury he was poked in the eye in a freakish play.

Amare always came back stronger and better....

You will find gamblers always lose. Hence I do not gamble ( anymore ) .

mafra

Legend
I wonder... if given the option.... Say we trade Gallo-Randolph for Melo.... If MEMPHIS wanted to sign and swap Gasol for CHandler... what to do?

Felton
Fields
Melo
Amar'e
Gasol

or

Felton
Fields
Melo
Chandler
Amar'e

Toons

is the Bo$$
oden had microfracture surgery on both knees. its still possible for him to come back. Oden is a new york native, melo is a new york native.....bring the guys back home.

mafra

Legend
oden had microfracture surgery on both knees. its still possible for him to come back. Oden is a new york native, melo is a new york native.....bring the guys back home.

I have thought about it. Even if he can't jump anymore, he should be able to provide some defense.

Just better options out there (albeit more expensive). Perkins, Baby Davis, Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol. Then we have to look at the trade market.

PLUS, with Oden's offense... D'ant will never play him.

This is why, to me, Marc Gasol is the perfect fit.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Serious

Toons How is amare Injury Prone ? Yo did you know He played all 82 games Last Year + playoffs and so far all 30 + this year and the year before if HE DID NOT HAVE A FREAK EYE INJURY Non Basketball related. He would have Played 82 games that year as well. SO PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW HE IS INJURY PRONE ????? I dont get that perception people have about Amare. Amare is one of the hardest workers in the NBA most say he is Like jerry Rice Andy Pettit and roger Clemens in that during the offseason he is doing nothing but training....Im not worried about it ...

Toons

is the Bo$$
did you not see the quotation marks on the words 'injury prone'? (doing my peace signs bendin em twice)
my point was, we took a risk on a player that was 'said' to be injury prone
i can find the thread if you need a bump.

Toons

is the Bo$$
amare's pic is my avatar guy, im an amare fan from phx days.....you cant tell me anything about stat that i dont already know.

KBlack25

Starter
I've spoken with a few friends about Oden. Look, this guy was the #1 overall pick not long ago. He has been effective when healthy, albeit he is rarely healthy, and might come very cheap (maybe a little more expensive than Mozgov)...he might be good to look at...I wouldn't break the bank on the guy. But I would be okay with seeing what he would cost and considering it.

To be called a true contender you have to have more than one clutch go to player. With our current roster...if Stat gets hurt who will pick up the slack and take us to or thru the playoffs? hmmm.

Lets not forget that we are just a team filled with trade bait and role players. The approaching trade deadline will prove that. We are just trying to see who will stay/ who fits.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I've spoken with a few friends about Oden. Look, this guy was the #1 overall pick not long ago. He has been effective when healthy, albeit he is rarely healthy, and might come very cheap (maybe a little more expensive than Mozgov)...he might be good to look at...I wouldn't break the bank on the guy. But I would be okay with seeing what he would cost and considering it.

He was close to being the 2nd best center in the NBA just under Dwight before that injury. I doubt he gets back to being that, but if we could get him at Mosgov's salary why not? Timofey has been useless so far lol.

KBlack25

Starter
He was close to being the 2nd best center in the NBA just under Dwight before that injury. I doubt he gets back to being that, but if we could get him at Mosgov's salary why not? Timofey has been useless so far lol.

Well that's sort of the point isn't it? We have right now two lottery tickets basically at center - Randolph and Mozgov. Oden would be a third. All we would need is one of them to hit (and when Oden plays, he is phenomenally effective) to have a go-to center, which we are sorely lacking.

I know Randolph isn't a true center but he could fit the Camby mold if he ever learned how to stop taking Jumpers and learned to focus on his defense (which he excels at).

CoolClyde

The Power of Odin!!

IDK, Knicks have had their share of injury bust$ every year:
Currysauce, Cuttino Mobleydick, Azubukake, Jeromo James...
why would they take a chance on Odin, God of Injury???
the guy has yet to play healthy for any extended period
of time, his knees are ready to fall off, for god's sake!!!
FAIL THREAD!!