Melo Problem?

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
Anyone worried that Melo's numbers are down in pretty much every category this year? 5 less ppg, shooting percentage down, free throw % down, 3pt % down.

Can we chalk this up to the trade talks and him being totally disinterested in Denver?

Any chance we keep Chandler in a potential deal. I know this sounds crazy, but I see a lot of similarities in Chandler and DWade. I think with experience and driving the lane more Wil could be close to comparable to Wade

Anyone worried that Melo's numbers are down in pretty much every category this year? 5 less ppg, shooting percentage down, free throw % down, 3pt % down.

Can we chalk this up to the trade talks and him being totally disinterested in Denver?

Any chance we keep Chandler in a potential deal. I know this sounds crazy, but I see a lot of similarities in Chandler and DWade. I think with experience and driving the lane more Wil could be close to comparable to Wade
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
not sure what that response means. If it means you think I'm wrong, thats fine. Would you care to make an argument or just try and make it seem like there is no argument for Wilson Chandler being a poor mans DWade. Look at the stats. I think you'll be surprised.

not sure what that response means. If it means you think I'm wrong, thats fine. Would you care to make an argument or just try and make it seem like there is no argument for Wilson Chandler being a poor mans DWade. Look at the stats. I think you'll be surprised.
Oh I like Chandler.. I like him alot.. but he is not even close to Wade. He doesn't slash nearly as much or recklessly as wade does or did earlier in his career. Wade is a special kind, that's no knock on Chandler whose a very good NBA player.

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
I agree. Wade is several classes above Wil. But i think Wil is a better shooter (when he catches in rhythm.) Wade is way more physical.

I think im just worried. Is Melo a HUGE upgrade?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Considering that Carmelo has shown himself to be able to completely dominate teams by himself, yes, he is a huge upgrade.

Chandler and Fields and Gallo and whatever are all good players, but none of them has the ability to do what Carmelo does, and that's score 30 points on a regular basis to completely dominate the other team singlehandedly. Carmelo took a mediocre Nuggets team with an aging Chauncey Billups to the playoffs and gave the Lakers a tough as hell fight before losing...anybody who thinks Carmelo isn't a huge upgrade or a good player needs to look at his winning track record.

He's never had a second scoring threat on his team that was any good (and when he did, it was Allen Iverson who we all know doesn't share the ball wall) and he took that team to the Conference Finals against a BEAST Lakers team, beat a CP3-led Hornets team, the Dirk-led Mavs, and put up a hell of a fight against Kobe. He got game, and we'll see it when he comes to the Knicks. Hopefully.

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
With the overwhelming support for Melo (which i dont disagree with, I just like this team as much as I liked the 1999 team) what is the MOST people would be willing to give up?

Fields, Wil, Gallo, Curry's Expiring AND a draft pick? That seems like a lot.

I'd give them either Fields and Gallo + Curry and Pick or Wil and Gallo +Curry and a pick

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Of Fields, Gallo, and Chandler you don't want to give up more than 2 of them.

Ideally we hustle Denver until the trade deadline and give them ONE only (I like Gallo, I like Fields, I like Chandler, but if you can dump ONE of those guys to get Carmelo then you DO IT) but odds are we'll have to part with two. Any two is fine, really...

iSaYughh

Starter
The Nuggets have never been that good. Melo's supporting cast is 2nd to Lebron's Cavs in how overrated they are, and consequently how underrated he is.

Billups easily the most overrated/hyped good player in the game.

And when a player's down year is 23-8, while playing a lame duck season for a team in dysfunction, while dealing with lots of personal shit, sign me up.

Unfortunately, I see Wilson leaving in deal.

But it reminds me of when Soriano got traded for A-rod, right after breaking out as a stud and talent being fulfilled. Plus a fan favorite and having been with the team for his career.

Melo < A-rod, then again, Melo is a killer and winner and clutch. Let's not forget that.

iSaYughh

Starter
Re: Wade/Wilson...

Wade is a fiery winner and big personality with flash.

But the biggest disparity that ends this is what a good facilitator and passer Wade is.

That aside, I do agree you could call Wilson a very poor man's Wade. Wilson is still too young and developing though. As said, he's shooting real nicely this year, better than Wade; so that's a big difference, too. But of course, this yr has been an aberration for Chandler in shooting.

Chandler credited his shooting bonanza and skills to D'ant coaching and statistical analysis of his game, plus STAT. So perhaps his shooting is the real deal. I think it is.