Antoine Walker

rady

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN said:
Antoine Walker predicts he could be playing for New York next season, assuming the Knicks can work a trade for the Dallas Mavericks forward. "I think I'm going to be in a Knick uniform.

That's my prediction, but we'll wait and see," Walker told ESPN.com Friday. Walker, who was coaching a high school summer league team called the Illinois Fire at the adidas Super 64 tournament Friday, said he has to get out of Dallas before next season.

Wallker has one season left on his contract worth a reported $14 million. "I've got to go, but obviously I'm under contract, so they don't have to move me," Walker said after he coached his team to a win at Centennial High in Las Vegas.
http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1198

e_D

Benchwarmer
Maybe Isiah is trying to make this happen because Walker is going into the last year of his contract? Deal with him for the year, give Sweetney more time to develop.. 14mil comes off payroll for '05-'06 and Sweetney jumps into the starting position.. just maybe.. still, im not too sure about this guy in our uniform..

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'm not nuts about Walker either. But if this guy has a year left on his contract, its' a definate plus. We've got to start moving some guys around. Just look at the top teams in the East, Pistons, Pacers, and the Heat. With what the Knicks have now, there is no way they can beat these teams on a consistent basis.
Walker has game. He just needs to control those crazy three pointers, when they're not going in, try some inside shots. He reminds me of Starks that way. But he can do some positive things in NY, with his quick dribbling and rebounding ability.

JJtheKnick

Starter
its a toss up for me he can help and he can hurt us becaues he shoots to much. but im glad isiah is handling it because he will make the rite decisions

dacash

Benchwarmer
walker might be a definite plus,remember that we had trouble bringing the ball up court when steph was double teamed.having abig guy with ball handling skills would be a plus,plus if we get crawford(who seems to be dying to come here),thats a third option who has nice ball handling skills.

not only is he a great player with ballhandling skills who woudl work well with NY, but look we're not winning a championship this year. He will come off the books at the end of the season and he will be an incredible player this year (better than his already allstar capabilities) because he is in a contract year which means we might even be able to bring in a player or two who will help us win a championship by s&t'ing him at the end of the season
good move, i still think the only untouchables on the roster are marbury adn sweetney...i can't wait to see how aAriza performs in the season

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
Whatever you do... don't keep Walker if you get him!

He is a cancer-- huge ego, jacks up wild threes and he's unmotivated and fat.

If Zeke is trying to free up cap room then I'll understand, but Walker is terrible.

kevin

Benchwarmer
Antoine Walker is an outstanding defensive player :lol: I don't want him the only reason he wants to come here cause he thinks he has a better chance of making the all star team in the east.

noooo y would u guys want antoine walker hes way overpaid, he just launches up threes, and complains 2 the refs way 2 much, stro, crawford, or damp would b better for the team, and they need 2 wait and see if ariza and sweetney are gonna work out

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
In a deal with Walker, Kurt Thomas would most likely be involved. But getting Walker is a horrible move, the only plus is that he comes off the books after one year, bad news is he sucks and makes 13 million. He is one of the most overrated PF's in the NBA. Yall don't want him. Don't let him come to NY, he is a cancer.

JJtheKnick

Starter
Walker can help the knicks in no ways. if we do trade kurt then we get rid of a good shooter and a great defender. and all we get is walker who is a selfish player and want only the best for him self

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
newmove said:
OMG, now some crappy laker fan gonna tell us what to do... Sick of it!
"Us"? All of a sudden you're a Knick fan. All aboard the bandwagon.

And crappy? 14 titles ain't crappy my friend. :lol:

"You... need to kneel down and kiss tha ring." - Nas