Sacramento Queens vs New York Knicks: 1-14-11

Sage

Rotation player
@ Sage-Well atleast this can be the vent thread instead of guys coming out an posting 5 different threads about how we dont need Melo because we lost to Sacramento or how D'antoni needs 2 be fired cause of this. Just release in this game thread you know.

Hehe good point.

Since I cant make a thread on here for some reason I am going to vent about not playing Anthony Randolph here. WHY ARE WE NOT PLAYING ANTHONY RANDOLPH AT ALL?We are playing a 8 player rotation,come on thats ridiculous. Randolph was a pretty good player with the Warriors and is a athletic freak. One of our problems right now is defense and I think Randolph would greatly help that. He is a good shot blocker and can get up there for the rebound. It is shocking to me that a guy like him is not even getting 10 minutes a game. Let me know what you guys think.

iSaYughh

Starter
Woeful.

I'm gonna kick off the suns thread so we can move on from this travesty.

The Perfect Response.

Goddamn. We just need more defense. A nice B.I.G. Man to enter our lives like a grande milkshake to an obese 5th grader. Bliss itd be. Lord knows you can't just win these days by scoring more points; we need some Mandingo-like size in this house, any way possible.

It's just a shame our Celebrity Coach didn't really seize the conquest of Gallo's glorious injury to find a way to bring Mc'Dice and The Barron and get us that size and defensive True Big Man movement to make us champions. Along with a backup pg, so long as he doesn't average too many points per game.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Ugly.

Some games teams just come out flat on their face. The tough schedule and the 4 games in 6 days on the West Coast take their toll on teams sometimes...

One other reason we could use a longer rotation instead of this short 8-man rotation...hopefully against the Suns we'll be able to use our bench for some longer periods of time to give them some rest.

It's just one game but if we don't take it seriously we'll have guys who are worn out by the All-Star Break

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Anybody see the pre-game? They revealed who won the voting for Knicks Legends Night and Houston won the 2000s best player. I knew about the voting, but didn't find it when I looked, should have looked again. I just checked if those were the results and yes, the voting is closed. I wanted Sprewell to win it. Who knows if he'll be invited next month.

Congratulations to Houston!

CoolClyde

Big Man Woes

Knicks meet another big man, this time bench player Sam Dalembartsimpson, who puts the Knicks in their small man, small rotation place, swats them back to reality, and says: I Haiti-U New York!

All this talk about how Knicks need a big man is BOGUS, because Antoni plays a small man squad in order to make best use of the SSOL, and have the offense run and gun, rather than play a half court offense AND defense. He's already got STUDadmire playing C, as he had DLEE playing last year, so the rest of the team can be fast and furious and hopefully shoot over 50% in order to score more than the other team. As we've seen in the past few losses, other teams that have big men, taller players, true centers, have taken advantage of the Knicks small ball; by clogging the paint, blocking shots, and having THEIR small men drive and thrive through a porous Knick D.

So forget Anthony Randolph getting minutes, Turiaf is already breaking down, as is the rest of the team due to the 7-8 man rotation. This is what happens when you fly from west to east coast, you get jet lag, and your players who have played too many minutes to start with, can't get over the hump, and lose to one of the worst teams in the league. we've seen this with Cleveland, now Sacramento. Why did Jerome Jordan go to Europe to play instead of stick with Knicks? he knew, or his agent knew, he would get little to no run in an Antoni coached team.

I know other KO members have called Darko garbage who didn't deserve to play, but he's thriving where the coach knows how to play a true center, and allows him to play the game of basketball the way it's meant to be played, as a defensive minded game.

Will any true center really be playing as a true center on No D-Antoni coached team? that will mean STUD going back to PF, Gallo to SF, and either Chandler or Fields to the bench. think about it.

back to this sh*tty played game. 13 blocks for the Kings. outrebounded 60 to 49! 60!!?? 32% shooting for Knicks!! 15 turnover and 13 assists!! horrid! Tony Chill coming out of his shell for 21 points, but only 1 assist? that's a Duhonism!! he's NOT a backup PG!! Kings had 22 turnovers, but did Knicks take advantage? nope. 0 points for Shawne Williams?! Turiaf 2 points and gone, a shame he's hurting... HORRIBLE game for Chandler!! he looked asleep out there! P.U.!!

only bright spot was King STUD, our MVP and ASG rep. but the man can't do it alone. he's hurting as well, I just don't know if he's going to survive the season playing a load of minutes due to small rotation.

Well, at least we have a Crazy 8s GT to look forward to, and hopefully Knicks can recoup. there's even talk of Gallo being back... whatever!!

FLASH UPDATE: Melo still not traded!!

Kiyaman

Legend
turiaf got injured before second half began, sore right ____________...

I missed that part too.

I didnt miss Beno schooling Felton throughout all 4 quarters.
Rather than take Felton out of the game, or cut down on Felton's minutes
in this game, Dantoni tried to run a 3-guard offense. Which made it easy
for the Kings to capitalize on a small-ball Knick team by giving the Knicks
one shot on every offensive possesion in the 2nd half of the game.

The Kings bigmen (Cousins/Thompson/Dalembert/and Carl Landry)
actually took Amare out of the last 3 quarters of the game after Amare star
performance in the first quarter. Amare was nonexistent for 3 quarters b/c Beno
did whatever he wanted to Felton on both ends of the court.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
I watched the first three quarters last night. I didn't want to see the fourth because i was ashamed. Fatigue is not an option. The best offense on the league can't be shut down by Sacramento the way it did. Every player was doing the war on his own. There was no plan B. It was more than disappointing. It was awful.

Kiyaman

Legend
Since I cant make a thread on here for some reason I am going to vent about not playing Anthony Randolph here. WHY ARE WE NOT PLAYING ANTHONY RANDOLPH AT ALL?We are playing a 8 player rotation,come on thats ridiculous. Randolph was a pretty good player with the Warriors and is a athletic freak. One of our problems right now is defense and I think Randolph would greatly help that. He is a good shot blocker and can get up there for the rebound. It is shocking to me that a guy like him is not even getting 10 minutes a game. Let me know what you guys think.

:agreed:
One would think or believe a 22-16 Knick team playing at home (MSG)
vs a 8-28 Sacremento Kings team with a 2-13 road record.....
the Knicks headcoach would give both AR & Mozgov some decent
playingtime minutes vs the Kings young bigmen to get these two
bigmen intune for a role during midseason.
Dantoni is an assistant-coach in the NBA.

What Knick-Fans would be angry at a LOSS in MSG against the Kings if
the Knicks tried to tune-up their two bigmen before midseason by giving
Mozgov 18 minutes and AR 18 minutes of playingtime vs a Lottery Team?
then the "EXCUSE" of the Knicks starters being Jet-Lag after the long road
trip would be ledgit. The headcoach not witnessing the jet-lag and poor-
performance of a 42 minutes Amare, and a 36 minutes Felton early in the
game is ridiculous.
I didnt see any Jet-Lag in Toney Douglas & Walker's combine 32 points
hitting 13 out of 23 fga, 11 rbd, 2 ast, 2 stl.

skisloper

Starter
Knicks meet another big man, this time bench player Sam Dalembartsimpson, who puts the Knicks in their small man, small rotation place, swats them back to reality, and says: I Haiti-U New York!

All this talk about how Knicks need a big man is BOGUS, because Antoni plays a small man squad in order to make best use of the SSOL, and have the offense run and gun, rather than play a half court offense AND defense. He's already got STUDadmire playing C, as he had DLEE playing last year, so the rest of the team can be fast and furious and hopefully shoot over 50% in order to score more than the other team. As we've seen in the past few losses, other teams that have big men, taller players, true centers, have taken advantage of the Knicks small ball; by clogging the paint, blocking shots, and having THEIR small men drive and thrive through a porous Knick D.

So forget Anthony Randolph getting minutes, Turiaf is already breaking down, as is the rest of the team due to the 7-8 man rotation. This is what happens when you fly from west to east coast, you get jet lag, and your players who have played too many minutes to start with, can't get over the hump, and lose to one of the worst teams in the league. we've seen this with Cleveland, now Sacramento. Why did Jerome Jordan go to Europe to play instead of stick with Knicks? he knew, or his agent knew, he would get little to no run in an Antoni coached team.

I know other KO members have called Darko garbage who didn't deserve to play, but he's thriving where the coach knows how to play a true center, and allows him to play the game of basketball the way it's meant to be played, as a defensive minded game.

Will any true center really be playing as a true center on No D-Antoni coached team? that will mean STUD going back to PF, Gallo to SF, and either Chandler or Fields to the bench. think about it.

back to this sh*tty played game. 13 blocks for the Kings. outrebounded 60 to 49! 60!!?? 32% shooting for Knicks!! 15 turnover and 13 assists!! horrid! Tony Chill coming out of his shell for 21 points, but only 1 assist? that's a Duhonism!! he's NOT a backup PG!! Kings had 22 turnovers, but did Knicks take advantage? nope. 0 points for Shawne Williams?! Turiaf 2 points and gone, a shame he's hurting... HORRIBLE game for Chandler!! he looked asleep out there! P.U.!!

only bright spot was King STUD, our MVP and ASG rep. but the man can't do it alone. he's hurting as well, I just don't know if he's going to survive the season playing a load of minutes due to small rotation.

Well, at least we have a Crazy 8s GT to look forward to, and hopefully Knicks can recoup. there's even talk of Gallo being back... whatever!!

FLASH UPDATE: Melo still not traded!!

Darko averages 5 rebounds a game...would not quite say he is thriving.

we sucked tonight.....

mafra

Legend
D'antoni either wishes he was coaching in a 6"9' and under league, or he loved his time so much in Italy he wants to relive that era...

But MD says all the time that he prefers to have other teams adjust to his style, as opposed to adjusting to the opponent. The major emphasis with MD is a small PF who stretches the floor along with a scoring PF playing as a center.

The spacing means nothing when you don't hit your shots. Felton-Chandler-Amar'e were all off. No Gallo. Just as rare as it is when all four are scorching hot, we had a night when all four were ice cold.

This is why NYK can lose to anybody on any given night.

What can you do. Stinks EVANS returned for this game. Kings are young and big... SURE. But going big wouldn;t have mattered. Kings scored 93 points. Had the Knicks scored their normal 103 or something... We win that game.

Chandler was 4-14. Amar'e was 6-22. Felton 2-15. In other words, our big 3 went 12-51. Toss in the 13 blocks and 15 turnovers, and you had one of the ugliest offensive games of the season.

This loss up there with the loss to PHI at home; the road loss to CLE. It was ugly. You're going to have a few of these during the course of the 82-game season.

Let's see how they respond Monday... then what they do on their 3-game road trip.

They are 8-9 now since their brutal run of 21 games began. They still could finish 11-10.... 10-11 wont be something to cheer about.... but it wouldn't be worst case scenario either.