Here are the facts as they are presently:
1. The consensus of NBA writers around the country is that Melo will be traded to the Nets next week.
2. Alan Hahn has reported that the Nets + extension are his choice 1B if he can't get the Knicks.
3. Melo's agents have been pushing the trade.
4. Melo has admitted that he thinks about going home to Brooklyn and opening the new arena.
5. Chauncey Billups knows he might be going to New Jersey, despite the fact that Melo could have told him he won't sign the extension which would nix any trade.
6. Prokorhov and Jay Z are going to put on the hard sell and convince Melo that he could become a billionaire by being the first Brooklyn hometown sports hero since Jackie Robinsion.
7. Donnie Walsh has stated time and time again that he will not blow up the team to get Melo, which would be necessary with no draft picks and an extremely hostile trade partner.
8. Chris Sheridan, who was predicting LeBron to the Knicks all day July 8, 2010, despite overwhelming sentiment to the contrary, says Melo will only sign with the Knicks.
Draw your own conclusions. Some of you guys are probably pretty attached to Carmelo Anthony at this point, the realization of reality is going to be hard.