Knicks V Suns - Mon Jan 17 - The Torment Continues

iSaYughh

Starter
^^
Lol, nice Friday quote from pops..

Yea, we obviously could have played better. We were just out-SSOL'd this afternoon.

Haha, ya. Out gamed on this night.

Re: we don't want to be just another Phoenix team. I agree n disagree. I want to be better: principally, a 2nd scoring star player who can rebound; and a better stable of serviceable back-up 4s/5s.

But Those Phoenix teams were a revelation. Leading the leauge in games won. They were gradually, and close to, re-defining the nba landscape.

Unfortunate for them they ran vs a prime dynasty Spurs squad, who also happened to be a uniquely tough matchup. Still, key playoffs injuries and bogus Amare suspensions and who knows.

A bit better team, bit worse competition, bit of luck...

CoolClyde

Antoni is God

thank god(son) Antoni is playing his defensive players, they so good. i'm so glad someone made a thread about Antoni's defense and his defensive players! I guess the beard of zeus really IS this team's heart and soul, when he's not in, we can't stop anyone. my cuz vinnie swoopin and hoopin at will thru the matador dee, no stoppee! watch him fly! oh my, channing frye! Hakeem (the dream?) Warrick overplayin A'ma're' in 4Q?? whaaaaat? How many games have Knicks NOT been able to get a stop when it counts in 4th? Penix scores 39 and 36 in 1st and 3rd Q's, disrespect!

I don't know man, I thought Knicks were gonna man up and take this game.
when you can't get stops it's so damn frustrating. Maybe putting in a 7 footer at some point? nah, ain't gonna happen. sit Moscow sit. sit AR sit. sh*t. great game back for Gallo... not. more limited minutes for Shawne and SkyWalkie. short rotation beginning to take it's toll?

One of these days, Antoni is gonna wake up and realize you need tall guys to win games, and you need to use an expanded rotation to keep your starters energized for whole season... I have a dream!!

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I just don't trust this system and coaching. I keep waiting for us to get creative and expand the rotation and develop AR and Mozgov but d'antoni's ego is so big that he wouldn't allow it. All summer long my wish was to have a dynamic team with tall athletic players (Gallo, AR, Amare, Moz) with the hope that eventually we could seriously compete in the East. Instead we are to watch players shooting 3's all over the place.

I'm happy to know that others feel the same about our coach and his system. I don't like it and find it insulting to watch this type of basketball.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
thank god(son) Antoni is playing his defensive players, they so good. i'm so glad someone made a thread about Antoni's defense and his defensive players! I guess the beard of zeus really IS this team's heart and soul, when he's not in, we can't stop anyone. my cuz vinnie swoopin and hoopin at will thru the matador dee, no stoppee! watch him fly! oh my, channing frye! Hakeem (the dream?) Warrick overplayin A'ma're' in 4Q?? whaaaaat? How many games have Knicks NOT been able to get a stop when it counts in 4th? Penix scores 39 and 36 in 1st and 3rd Q's, disrespect!

I don't know man, I thought Knicks were gonna man up and take this game.
when you can't get stops it's so damn frustrating. Maybe putting in a 7 footer at some point? nah, ain't gonna happen. sit Moscow sit. sit AR sit. sh*t. great game back for Gallo... not. more limited minutes for Shawne and SkyWalkie. short rotation beginning to take it's toll?

One of these days, Antoni is gonna wake up and realize you need tall guys to win games, and you need to use an expanded rotation to keep your starters energized for whole season... I have a dream!!

Mozgof and AR are not ready at all, Gallo did a great job seeing how little he is getting the ball. Shawne remained in the game till he fouled out........
what can Mike do if you are playing as if this is an easy game, they were not defending at all, leaving players wide open, Douglas is hitting a Rookie wall??? man he is hitting it so hard that his IQ is affected.... if you are in Mike's shoes what will you do?

I just don't trust this system and coaching. I keep waiting for us to get creative and expand the rotation and develop AR and Mozgov but d'antoni's ego is so big that he wouldn't allow it. All summer long my wish was to have a dynamic team with tall athletic players (Gallo, AR, Amare, Moz) with the hope that eventually we could seriously compete in the East. Instead we are to watch players shooting 3's all over the place.

I'm happy to know that others feel the same about our coach and his system. I don't like it and find it insulting to watch this type of basketball.

Quite a few of us that also feel the same......

skisloper

Starter
Why Gallo was not being fed the ball was in the 4th quarter is mind boggling...

Phoenix got there first foul with 3 minutes left in the 4th...

Now we know Gallo can get fouled on almost every drive to the hoop so why not work it to him and at least get Pheonix in foul trouble..

mafra

Legend
Why Gallo was not being fed the ball was in the 4th quarter is mind boggling...

Phoenix got there first foul with 3 minutes left in the 4th...

Now we know Gallo can get fouled on almost every drive to the hoop so why not work it to him and at least get Pheonix in foul trouble..

I was wondering why we didn't feed Amar'e the entire 4th quarter. He had like 33 points after 3, then we don't go to him until 4 minutes left?

PHO had one plan: Let Amar'e score 70. Stop everyone else. We should've oblidged and let Amar'e score 50.

If Felton is on, then this defense wont work. But with the way Raymond is playing (probably banged up) this is the way to go vs NYK.

Chandler-Gallo combined for 40 points or so? BUt they were almost non-factors, as a bunch of senior citizens (Hill, Carter, Nash) proved that our young dymanic duo isn't capable to carry the load and beat a team.

PHO dared Gallo-Chandler to beat them and make them pay.... It didn't happen. Do you blame coach (Gallo didn't play half the 4th), do you blame Felton (he was lousy) or do you blame Gallo-Chandler for not forcing the action?

Tough to call. Maybe a combination of all the factors. But here's the thing:

PHO doesn't play defense, they have a team of players beyond their primes, the Knicks were home after a weekend off.... and Gallo-Chandler had like 10 points in the 2nd half? They combined for 9 rebounds (Fields had 9 himself). They combined for 3 assists.

And this is just it. When Felton and Stat play well, we normally win. If Gallo & Chandler both play poorly, NYK struggle to win... It's really a weird dynamic.

This is why I deal Gallo in a package for Melo. Not even an issue. DEN doesn't want Chandler, which is good for NY. I don't care which one goes or stays... DEN picks one, they get Fields, we deal Randolph for a 1st round pick... We get Carmelo.

I'm not blaming the loss on Gallo-Chandler. It's just that something is off with them, if we have to count on them to be a #2 or #3 option. Right now, they are complimentary role players.... #4 options.

I bet you if we had Carmelo yesterday... He does what it takes in the 4th to make sure NYK wins that game. Stoudemire is a type of player who can boast such talents; Felton has his moments; Chandler or Gallo occasionally can do something to impact win/loss.... BUt Melo is like Amar'e, it will be occasionally when he wont make an impact in the 4th.