Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuggets Grant Nets Permission To Talk To Melo

Default Nuggets Grant Nets Permission To Talk To Melo

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

theyre going to try to convince him to go to nj and the scariest part....theyre going to try to talk him into signing the 3 year extension!!! god no....well it was fun while it lasted knicks..no shot of getting him now if the nets and nuggets r going this far and the knicks offer isnt even being considered...get that 1st round pick for randolph before its too late...

I bet it's really attractive to sign an extension in NJ, play in Newark with Lopez and a few mid 30 yr-old vets... Watch the HEAT go the the Finals... With the hope that in 2012, or 2013, or maybe 2014 you'll finally play a game in Brooklyn, and will get to play with a bunch of draft picks from the weakest draft class in the last 30 years.

I bet NO just can't wait to trade Paul to NJ.... That's what he'll be told, but when the time comes Melo has to think NO will do to CP3 exactly what DEN did to him, and that's deal him to someplace they can get the most assets from.

AND... even if he gets Paul, and moves to Brooklyn and is ready to compete in 2013... They still wont have enough to beat the Heat.

OR.... He could just wait 6 months, sign with the Knicks, and he competes for the championship come November.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me, no matter what the Russian and Jay-Z have to say.

Originally Posted by mafra
    I bet it's really attractive to sign an extension in NJ, play in Newark with Lopez and a few mid 30 yr-old vets... Watch the HEAT go the the Finals... With the hope that in 2012, or 2013, or maybe 2014 you'll finally play a game in Brooklyn, and will get to play with a bunch of draft picks from the weakest draft class in the last 30 years.

I bet NO just can't wait to trade Paul to NJ.... That's what he'll be told, but when the time comes Melo has to think NO will do to CP3 exactly what DEN did to him, and that's deal him to someplace they can get the most assets from.

AND... even if he gets Paul, and moves to Brooklyn and is ready to compete in 2013... They still wont have enough to beat the Heat.

OR.... He could just wait 6 months, sign with the Knicks, and he competes for the championship come November.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me, no matter what the Russian and Jay-Z have to say.
    co-sign. ive been expressing the same sentiments. i find hard to believe he thinks the nets are a better move over the knick.

hell spend most of the years of that contract in nj with a aging core of players.

i hopefully melo is really being true to his word and wants to come here. im tired of players acting as if its their dream to play in ny then when giving the opportunity they switch up

Originally Posted by goldenchild1688
    co-sign. ive been expressing the same sentiments. i find hard to believe he thinks the nets are a better move over the knick.

hell spend most of the years of that contract in nj with a aging core of players.

i hopefully melo is really being true to his word and wants to come here. im tired of players acting as if its their dream to play in ny then when giving the opportunity they switch up
    Hey, I wont fault the man if he listens to the "advice" his people and inner circle are feeding him. If he takes the money b/c those people want to get paid and want a change of scenary, and if the potential to lose 30 million is a real fear... Then who can blame the man. This isn't Lebron leaving CLE (where they have a state income tax) for FLA (where they do not have a state income tax) and leaving a few nickles under the seat cushions...

If he falls in love with the notion of being Brooklyn's 1st star, a Benard King for the B-Nyets, and understands it might take 2-3 years to get there... If he's willing to watch his friends in MIA win titles the next 2 years, and he can live with that and watch his prime pass him by.... That's his choice.

BUT, witht the way both Amar'e and Felton have played... They elevated status from decent and good player to a very good and great player. Add Melo and sprinkle in some role players and you compete for the title next year and the year after... You stand in the Heat's way.

Melo owns Wade head-2-head. Amar'e is better than Bosh. They have the best player in the world, we should have more depth. An arms race this summer to fill out the roster.. But we could go toe to toe with them, especially with Felton & Chandler vs Arroyo & Miller.

Same with BOS, CHI, LA....

It might be 50/50 he even gets Paul for 2012-2013 season. Lopez took a big step backward.

Look at what happened to MIA with LJ out.... Melo has to wonder how good NY could become if he stepped in with Felton-Stoudemire-Chandler.

Veteran

Get Carmelo Anthony and Samuel Dalembert and see how good the Knicks become...

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    DEn told NJ to stop leaking news, and keep things quiet. Now this news "breaks" ... Something tells me if Melo was really interested in meeting with NJ, and was thinking about going there... We wouldn't hear about this meeting, until after Carmelo was dealt, and only then would we know AFTER THE FACT. All PR going on.

Lol Melo clearly doesn't wanna end up in NJ

Well he was supposed to be dealt by the weekend, and its over...Now when and to who

Veteran

Yeah him declining to meet with the Nets is basically like saying "Yeah...ain't gonna happen, bro.."

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy

Lol Melo clearly doesn't wanna end up in NJ

HAHA... Need a moment?

aww man my side hurts... that was funny.

Veteran

We definitely need a good one way defensive player like Dalembert even if we don't get Melo, until he agrees to the extension the Knicks are not out of it. Melo could still blow up the Nets deal and force Denver to accept a Knicks offer if he stays strong and refuses to sign with the Nets, Denver still has over a month to trade him.

Yeah him declining to meet with the Nets is basically like saying "Yeah...ain't gonna happen, bro.."

it doesnt mean he isnt going to the nets. not at all. it just shows that theres a decent chance he doesnt want to go there (he wants to go to the knicks)

"Carmelo Anthony said after Sunday's game that he isn't aware of a meeting with the Nets and has no desire to meet with them, saying, "I donít want to talk to nobody. I let the front office handle that type of stuff."
    "The Nuggets pay me. I can't talk to those people," said Melo. When asked if this was his final game with the Nuggets, he replied, "No. I'm going to play Wednesday against Oklahoma City, then against the Lakers, then Indiana." The plot has certainly thickened, and it's possible that Melo is adamant enough about playing for New York that he won't sign an extension and instead ink a new deal as a free agent, CBA be damned. The rumored mega-deal has been 'heating up' recently, however, and anything is possible -- it's still almost certain that Denver will deal him before the deadline, one way or another."

--Rotoworld

so what do we do? do we trade away the first round pick, galo, fields and/or chandler, and curry's contract and try to get melo this year or are we confident enough that he'll come to us in the offseason?

Still thinking it's in our best interest to just wait, but if they were willing to throw in Nene then I think it's worth sending whoever they want not named Amar'e, Felton, Fields or Chandler.