Knicks @ Houston Wed Jan 19

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
For that country vibe, press play NOW

7077.jpg

09b85f2cd9.gif
Leave your swine at home ko.com, YOUR NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS are goin' down to texas.

texas-with-texas-flag.jpg
09b85f2cd9.gif

Yeehaw!!!
super_funny_pictures_of_30_rednecks_acting_like_rednecks_11_20090701_1124579238.jpg

Sisters and Rockets fans, Kate & Rebecca Hitler, (pictured above) of Houston were quoted prior to the Knicks Rockets clash saying.

"Our daddy (slash cousin) said that if the Rockets lose tonight we can milk the bull and play hide the man candy in the poop shoot but don't tell mama game. GO KNICKS!"

knickball_ani.gif

Introducing The Powers That Be​

PLAYERPROFILES12a.jpg
STAT​
Some say that when he dunks, a lesbian somewhere craves for penis.
Lord Raymond
PLAYERPROFILES5a.jpg

Some say that his scrotum has it's own gravity field. No really.​
PLAYERPROFILES2a.jpg
The Thrill​
Some say that he was the executioner at Saddam's hanging, and his sweat can be used as a substitute for rohypnol.
Manly Feels
PLAYERPROFILES6a.jpg

Some say that he once threw a microwave at a tramp!​
PLAYERPROFILES13a.jpg
The Beard Of Zeus​
Some say that his elbow skin was taken from the balls of God himself.
TD23
PLAYERPROFILES4a.jpg

Some say that he can rape in 'extra sensory', and that if you touch his food - you ****ing die!​
PLAYERPROFILES15a.jpg
The Assassin's Rifle​
Some say that he is illegal in 4 US states, and has been to funky town.
Sky Walker
PLAYERPROFILES14a.jpg

Some say that if he dunks on you at midnight, you will die in 7 days.​
PLAYERPROFILES7a.jpg
Cockus Majorus​
Some say that he casts spells, was conceived in a cauldron and is known by gypsies as 'The Dry White Fist'.

b6ae2a05a8.gif

KNICK IN THE SPOTLIGHT - SHAWNE WILLIAMS

large.jpg

3 things that'll make ya' go hmmmm.

1. Three-point field goal percentage for Williams in 56 attempts, best mark in the NBA.

2. The Knicks' record when Williams hits a three-pointer: 8-5

3. The Knicks' record when Williams plays at least 15 minutes: 9-4

Image_Spotlight.gif

Shawne Williams went 7-for-8 from downtown on Wednesday night and knows how to pick his spot. "I'm just really smart about being in the corner because I know that's the highest percentage shot you can get. I'm going to roll with the statistics."

Shawne Williams is the reclamation project within the reclamation project.

He's the guy who went from first-round pick to flop to in trouble to out of the NBA and back again. He's the same guy who became a villain for beating out the son of a New York legend for the final roster spot.

"Right now, I wouldn't trade this place I'm in for anything in the world," Williams says. "I'm playing ball. I love what I'm doing, and I'm with a great group of guys."

That combination of size and skill is why former Indiana Pacers GM Donnie Walsh selected Williams 17th overall out of Memphis in the 2006 draft. Williams came in with much promise but instead of finding a home with the Pacers he mostly found trouble.

shawne-williams-2010-10-6-17-50-1.jpg

Over three years, Williams was arrested for drug possession and intent to sell narcotics. And, while driving in his hometown of Memphis with former college teammate Kareem Cooper, he was pulled over for not wearing his seatbelt. Upon searching his car, cops say they found 17 grams of marijuana and a loaded gun on Cooper, while Williams was eating a baby leg sandwich and receiving fellatio from an asylum seeker. The three were arrested.

Williams was eventually traded to Dallas but clashed with owner Mark Cuban the rapist, gaylord and litterbug, and soon the Mavs were paying Williams to stay away. In January they traded him to the Nets, who waived him four days later.

Williams spent last season at home and for the first time in his life, he didn't have basketball or much of a future.

"It was weird," Williams said. "But a light switch clicked on and I realized what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm supposed to be playing ball."

Williams rededicated himself and played for Charlotte over the summer. He was prepared to attend training camp with the Bobcats until his agent, Happy Walters, who also represents Stoudemire, said the Knicks were interested.

Williams accepted their invitation and was considered a longshot, especially since Walsh had given Patrick Ewing Jr. a partially guaranteed contract. But Williams outplayed Ewing and earned the 15th spot on the roster. The ultimate outsider had crushed the dream of the people's choice.

"We battled for that spot," said Williams, who was well-aware that Ewing was the sentimental favorite. "I know it went down to the wire. Patrick is a great player and his dad did great things for the organization. He had a great training camp and a good preseason. I just put it all in God's hands."

Walsh always supported Williams, saying he is "a good kid who ran with the wrong crowd in Memphis." That's why Walsh was willing to give the 24-year-old another chance.

Williams knows he cannot afford any more transgressions and claims that he spends most of his free time in his Westchester apartment. He's vowed to cause trouble only for the opposition.

"All that I've been through," Williams says, "that stuff is out of my mind. I'm just playing ball. I'm just proving myself off the court day-by-day, just staying under the radar."
61898336.jpg

X FACTOR - BILLY THE KID

32f0014531ed9501205ca3ad86a37b88-getty-103883994ct015_sacramento_k.jpg

Maintaining pressure on Kevin Martin is paramount to victory. Walker out jumps and out weighs Martin by a massive 36lbs. A physical approach on defence from Billy against Martin and Buddinger will be a big key to creating problems for the opposition. With Toney D's offensive fall from grace, his long distance and penetration games will have to be sharp. He can bring a lot to a team that is ragged with niggling injuries.

Do it Billy. Do it 'til you burst.

Crazy8s Music Vid Of Choice - The Bronx ~ 'Past Lives'

Crazy8s KO.COM APPRECIATIVE GESTURE

LLLLLLLLLLLLandry! 2 Time NBA EC R.O.M

large.jpg

The young prince of The City That Never Sleeps bounded off the practice court with a wide smile on his face.
New York Knicks rookie Landry Fields stopped to exchange a shoulder bump with super-fan Spike Lee. Then he explained how surreal it is to have grown up with Kobe Bryant posters on his bedroom wall and now be guarding him in NBA games.

"Life is great," Fields, 22, said when the Knicks came west last week.
And to think, as his Stanford career was ending last spring, Fields was hoping for just a chance to make an NBA roster.
Today he is, by far, the biggest surprise among the rookie class. A second-round draft pick, No. 39 overall, Fields has started every game as the rejuvenated Knicks, led by Amare Stoudemire, have become the toast of New York.

large.jpg

"When the Knicks are winning, New York is just crazy," Fields said. "Amare is a rock star, and I'm just one of his stage hands."

Hardly, countered Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni.
"What he's doing is amazing," D'Antoni said. "He's just terrific. But once you start to coach him and see his makeup, none of this is surprising."
Fields, a 6-foot-7 shooting guard, was averaging 10.1 points and leading all NBA guards with 7.3 rebounds per game entering play Friday. With his length and his athleticism -- he has a 39-inch vertical jump -- Fields also draws the toughest perimeter defensive assignment. (You know, Kobe, Dwyane Wade and so on.)
Knicks president
Advertisement

Donnie Walsh describes Fields as a young John Havlicek because his all-around game is so polished.
"It's almost as if he's a ready-made NBA player," Walsh said.
All of which leads to an obvious question: How in the world were 38 players picked ahead of him?
Fields shrugs his shoulders.

"I always had the self-confidence that I could do this," he said. "My whole goal became to get people's attention."
At Stanford, Fields wasn't even a starter until his junior season. But as a senior, he was thrust into the role of doing virtually everything for a talent-thin team that finished 14-18. Fields was listed as a swingman, but he spent a lot of time playing in the post.

Despite averaging 22 points and 8.8 rebounds a game, Fields attracted little notice. He wasn't even the Pac-10's Player of the Year in a season where the conference was historically bad. (That honor went to Cal point guard Jerome Randle, who currently is playing in Turkey.)

arron-afflalo-landry-fields-2010-11-16-21-40-46.jpg

Most NBA teams viewed Fields as a player without a position -- not big enough to play forward and not a good enough shooter or ballhandler to play guard. He wasn't even invited to the NBA's pre-draft camp in Chicago because few teams considered him among the top 60 players.
But the Knicks saw something. When Walsh's scouts recommended drafting Fields with that second-round pick, Walsh sat down with tape of the Stanford product.

"My first comment was: 'This guy's not going to be there when we pick. He's got too much ability,'" Walsh recalled. "So I was shocked that he was there. Then guys started writing that he was the worst pick in the history of the draft."

Fields watched the draft alone in the bedroom of his boyhood home in Long Beach because he was so nervous and didn't know what to expect.
"As soon as they called my name, I was jumping up and down and running out of the house," he said.
But Knicks fans attending the draft at Madison Square Garden greeted Fields' name with a cascade of boos.
"When I saw the replay, yeah, they were booing," Fields added. "But I understand where they were coming from. It was like: 'Who is this guy?' I probably would have done the same thing."
He quickly began turning heads at the Summer League in Las Vegas.
"My assistant coaches ran the team, and they told me that I would have a hard time getting him off the court," D'Antoni said. "Still, I was a little skeptical what would happen when the big boys came to town."
But then Fields impressed the big boys. Former Warriors center Ronny Turiaf, who has become something of a mentor, said Fields' talent immediately was obvious.

Landry-Fields.jpg

"From Day One, I told him, 'You're special,'" Turiaf said. "He spent his life doing all the little things to prepare. So when he got this chance, he was ready. Sometimes all it takes is only one team to really like you, and that team can be the best fit."

The player who supposedly didn't have a position has found a home at shooting guard, thriving in D'Antoni's signature high-tempo offense. Because Fields runs so smoothly, D'Antoni said, it's difficult to appreciate that he is the fastest player among the Knicks.
Also on a team of good shooters, Fields doesn't have to be the traditional "2" guard who comes off screens and fires up jumpers. Instead, he grabs rebounds, slashes to the basket and serves as an additional playmaker.
"He does a lot of things that your normal shooting guard doesn't do," Walsh said.

Fields, who earns the NBA rookie minimum of $442,000, was the Eastern Conference's Rookie of the Month for November and December. Still, he appears to be the same levelheaded person he was at Stanford -- despite rubbing elbows with celebrities and trading elbows with NBA superstars.
"It's a lot different from Stanford," Fields said. "It's taken some getting used to. But now I've just come to accept this as my new reality."
As the guy said, life is great.

large.jpg

sports.gif

Preview

Although the New York Knicks are in good position to make the playoffs for the first time in seven years, they?re far from satisfied.

The Knicks look to avoid their fourth straight loss Wednesday night when they visit the Houston Rockets to open a three-game road trip.

New York (22-18) is sitting comfortably in sixth place in the Eastern Conference, trailing fifth-place Orlando by 3 1/2 games and leading seventh-place Philadelphia by five. The Knicks, who haven?t made the playoffs since 2004, feel like they?re good enough to host a first-round playoff series.

That looked like a strong possibility in the middle of last month. New York was tied for the East?s fourth-best record on Dec. 12, but has lost nine of 15 since, and is in danger of falling to three games above .500 for the first time since Dec. 5, when it was 12-9.

?We know that four games over .500 is unacceptable,? Amare Stoudemire(notes) said after Monday?s 129-121 loss to Phoenix. ?So now we have to fight to get back to where we rightfully belong.?

amare1-475x307.jpg

Stoudemire had a season-high 41 points against the Suns, but the Knicks turned the ball over 25 times en route to their third consecutive defeat.

Following the game, coach Mike D?Antoni said it ?definitely should be a wake-up call.? "About our attention to ****ing defence", replied Crazy8s.

Given their upcoming schedule, the Knicks might feel tempted to hit the snooze button.

After this game, the Knicks, losers of five of seven away from Madison Square Garden, visit West-leading San Antonio on Friday and Northwest Division leading Oklahoma City the following night. The Spurs and Thunder are a combined 37-8 at home.

Although the Rockets (19-23) are 11th in the West, they?ve won five straight home games against New York since a 93-92 loss Nov. 18, 2004. They also won 104-96 at MSG on Nov. 13, their third straight overall victory in the series and 11th in 12 meetings.

Houston?s Kevin Martin had 28 points against the Knicks in November, and is averaging 29.3 points in his last six games against them.

Martin scored 36 in Monday?s 93-84 victory over Milwaukee, as the Rockets snapped a four-game home losing streak. Houston has now won back-to-back games overall after dropping seven of nine.

?We just need to go back to basics and do what makes us dangerous,? said forward Luis Scola, a man dedicated to the exhumation of Freddy Mercury's penis. Scola had 19 points and 14 rebounds against the Bucks. ?We did the right thing (today). We got some stops, we kept running. That?s the way we need to close games.?

Scola scored 24 against New York in November.

large.jpg

Stoudemire had 25 points in that contest, and is averaging 28.8 points in five games against the Rockets since the start of last season. He has scored at least 20 in 25 straight games, four shy of Richie Guerin?s franchise record set in 1962.

Danilo Gallinari(notes) had 17 points Monday in his return to the lineup after missing six games with a sprained left knee. Raymond Felton(notes) finished with seven points.

large.jpg

What's going on Ray?

capt.baf918d0c5ad4e5089cd41ae63415aa9-baf918d0c5ad4e5089cd41ae63415aa9-0.jpg

Felton, who averages 17.7, has totaled 13 points while shooting 3 of 28 from the field in his last two games. The Knicks are 5-9 when Felton scores 15 points or fewer. One of those losses came against the Rockets in November, when he scored exactly 15.

A must win for our run ragged leader.

Last edited:

la2ny

Starter
Only person who can combine comedy and beauty in the same thread.
F'in AWESOME!:peace:

Hoping for an end to the L streak.

....Anyone wish we could get a "BeastMode Quake" or "Stat Quake" next week vs Miami, if Stat steals the ball from Lebron and dunks it on him when he tries to block it to win the game???

tiger0330

Legend
Say what you want about this site but no doubt the game threads are the best on the internet hands down. There should be some kind of award like the movies have the Academy Awards, threads should have something like BLOGEMMEE'S. Funny s**t and informative thread, had no idea that Landry has a 39 inch vertical and was the fastest guy on the team. Top 5 thread and award worthy.

Props Crazy8.

Kiyaman

Legend
Will the Rockets swap our pick in the 2011 draft

Great Thread Crazy...... I thought I was the only one hollering & hoo-raying
for Mr. Landry Fields NBA veteran performance in SLG.

I cant call it Knicks "small-ball" I have to call it like I see it.......

Celebrity coach Damnphony "small-ball" is on a 3 game losing streak
if Damnphony keeps this "small-ball" rotation in Houston vs the Rockets
with a healthy PG-Arron Brooks back in action, the only chance the Knicks
have at winning is if we take advantage of the Rockets weakness which is
their high scoring no-defense no-passin 30 point scorer Keven Martin.
If not, then Damnphony "small-ball" will be looking at a SIX game losing streak
when they return home vs Washington Wizards next Monday 24th Jan. (22-21 record)
PG-Brooks leadership has been distributing the ball to all his teammates
making everyone happy (all their bigmen) with his return by eliminating the
distraction from the shoot-shoot no passin Keven Martin.

P.S. Brooks will be the ideal PG FA to go after this summer.
Or his bench understudy PG-Ismael Smith
Report on the Knicks 2009 bust draft pick
News: Jordan Hill had 10 points and 10 rebounds in 23 minutes in Monday's
win over the Bucks.
Spin: Hill now has 26 points and 18 rebounds over his last two games.
With Brad Miller out, Hill is responding well to his increased playing time,
and he has probably earned himself some increased minutes even when Miller returns.

CoolClyde

It's not quite finished, but that's my last thread for a while. Be sure to tune in for Jan 28th VS the Hawks. I demand that CoolClyde create his own masterpiece between now and then.

What say ye, Clyde?

haha. thank ye Loco Ochos, but there's no way I can hope to compare to your abilities and style, esp between now and then... too much work, too little time. However, I promise to do a GT before end of year... major props to this thread, and every other... fantastic pieces on Fields, Williams and Walker. "....his scrotum has his own gravity field" LOFL

Pricey

Rotation player
Got a good feeling on them tonight and backed it up with a cool $50 on HT/FT

LETS GO KNICKS

Toons

is the Bo$$
amare looks angry.....i sense a big game

gee i love watching them just rebound and attack the rim.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm still recovering from that wide open layup that Gallo somehow missed. I was seeing red for a minute but I think things are returning to normal.

The dude is damed if he does and damned if he doesn't. Bricking wide open 3s from a standstill in the corner where he's been for the whole possession, and when he starts attacking, he's either stripped or clanks the shit off the rim. He's had like 3 solid plays in the first half, drawing a couple of fouls and finishing that shot in transition. We need more, especially on a night when Will the Thrill forgot his killing tools back in the hotel.

Kiyaman

Legend
its gonna hurt to see this fields kid go....

Mr. Landry Fields will have to play like a 5 year veteran for this WIN.
Helping Douglas defend K.Martin/ Brooks/ Lowry/and C.Lee

If Donnie Walsh trade Landry Fields.... after the poor-ass job he been doing
the last 2 years as president..... Mr. Landry Fields is the only accomplishment
Walsh did for the Knicks

KingofNy

Starter
Gallo sucks...........

+1

We play better and faster without him. He normally scores all of his points in a spurt and misses the rest of the shots in the game. I can't count how many layups he missed today.

Are you watching this? No D'Antoni needs to get on his guys about staying in front of their man and playing on their toes. I've never seen a whole NBA team play defense as flat-footed as our Knicks. So frustrating. We need Melo...Now. I don't care who we trade as long as we keep Stat, Felton, and Fields.