Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walsh prepares to offer Gallo, Fields, Curry & 1st rounder for Melo

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    Chandler and Melo are both principally small forwards. I love Melo in theory but I am afraid Melo and his cost -- unless as a free agent -- is not going to make us a better "team."
    melo would cost us Will and any big or backup pg if he comes as a free agent. also it would lock us into most likely a 5 year deal w/ him.

By trade your only locked in for 3 years and we still have a chance to keep Will or let him go an sign a big.

I'd be really really tough, but necessary

Veteran

Really getting tired of all the BS rumors, we don't even have that 1st rounder yet and Melo has not told the Nets he won't sign. Wake me up when something happens.

Veteran

Nets drop Carmelo Anthony deal
    EmailPrintComments
    Associated Press
    NEWARK, N.J. -- New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov has told the team to end discussions on the Carmelo Anthony deal.

Nets blog
    Looking for more information on the Nets? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

In a news conference before Wednesday night's game against Utah, Prokhorov said he decided on Tuesday to stop pursuit of the Nuggets All-Star forward, unhappy with how things played out in public.

The new owner says the deal took too long and became too expensive.

Prokhorov also says he has called off a scheduled meeting with Anthony.

Previously, New Jersey had offered to ship six players and at least two first-round draft picks to Denver in a deal that would have sent Anthony to the Nets along with former Pistons teammates Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton.

The thing about trading Will is having Melo and Gallo in the starting lineup which would be a problem because they play the same position. Gallo can't play the 4 because of his inability to guard 4s, Gallo can't play a 2 as well because he can't guard 2s once again, Melo can't be a 2 because he's just not a 2 and is most effective as a 3.

The thing about trading Gallo is that Wilson will be expiring and we will have to sign him to a contract while with Gallo he still has another year on his rookie deal.

IMO we should keep Fields, and trade Will and Gallo. We would have a really solid rebounding team because Melo is one of the best rebounders at his position. Fields is the best rebounder. Felton is a solid rebounder for a guard. STAT .. well he's STAT. We would then just need a center.

Heres the most I would give up considering what just went down.

Chandler, Douglas, Curry and a 1st for Melo. Done Deal.

C-Stat
    PF- Gallo (I know not his natural position but the kid is 6'10)
    SF-Melo
    SG- Fields
    PG- Felton

Bench:

Walker
    Williams
    Mozgov
    Rautins
    Turiaf
    Mason
    Azubuike

Im hoping theres a way Donny can get a Telfair if so then its a wrap.

Veteran

Congrats to the Nets now they can move on and build with the considerable assets they have. Our offer for Melo just got cheaper now that the Nets are eliminated, no way we have to give up 2 of 3 of Fields, Gallo and Wil plus a 1st rounder now. I hear Houston has a serious interest and they're loaded with assets Denver might want, just need Melo to tell Denver he won't sign with Houston.

^

There'll be umpteen teams that pop up now NJ is out of the race. Denver may well be sorry that they went in too hard, I think.

Veteran

For the last 2 days I've been reading in the NY Daily news that Walsh is prepared to offer Gallo Landry and Curry for Melo.

He might be able to take Landry out of the deal now.... since NJ is out of the picture now. I'll take them all the way to the deadline with that...

i can get over letting Gallo+Wil go but KEEP FIELDS!!