Hopefully, we can close the deal for Crawford...

Isiah is going to Chicago to meet with the Bull's and Crawford's agent face to face today and tomorrow to hopefully close this deal finally. I think it will go down as it's uncommon for teams to meet together to negotiate deals, showing both side want to get this done.
I believe the deal gets done today or tomorrow, or that it will never go down. Kind of a last chance so cross your fingers.
I know Isiah will close this deal face to face with his charisma. Bring home Crawford....

David

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Where did you read/hear that? I thought it was supposed to happen last week (Friday)... I buy the Daily news and check online every single day and I havent heard anything :(

rady

Administrator
Staff member
hmm.. i bet you didn't checked the main page. well, this is what the daily news posted today:

Isiah Off To Fetch Jamal From Bulls
Isiah Thomas is headed for Chicago and he's apparently not leaving until he has Jamal Crawford in a Knicks' uniform. Thomas is expected to meet face-to-face with Bulls GM John Paxson today in Thomas' hometown, where the two executives hope to finalize the long-rumored sign-and-trade for Crawford, the restricted free-agent guard. Crawford's agent, Aaron Goodwin, also is expected to attend the meeting. The development is an obvious sign that Thomas and Paxson are committed to getting a deal done and that the Knicks have little chance of acquiring Golden State center Erick Dampier in a sign-and-trade. A deal for Crawford would have to include Othella Harrington, who also was being used as trade bait in a proposed deal for Dampier.
http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1202

and this is according to the NY Post;

Knicks Run With Bulls Array
The Windy City Summit is on. Knicks prez Isiah Thomas is flying to Chicago today to meet with Bulls GM John Paxson. Thomas, a native of Chicago's West Side, will attempt to finalize month-long sign-and-trade talks for combo guard Jamal Crawford that have been stalemated. The meetings will take place today and tomorrow, according to a league source, in what is a strong indication both parties are willing to come together. Aaron Goodwin, Crawford's agent, has pushed for nearly two weeks for the heads of the two franchises to meet face-to-face.
http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1201

JJtheKnick

Starter
thast good news for the knicks. if we get crawford i will be satisfied with isiah because he had such lil to work with.

I agree fellas. If we get Crawford to a long term deal that would be great for us. I think his role on the team may be bigger than some expect. He is full of star potential, young and athletic.
Also read the Knicks are talking with Rodney White from Denver. He is another guy with some descent potential we could possibly get reasonably. I do not know a lot about his game. Anyone know more about him?

David

Sweeets50

Rookie
White was a solid 8pt 3reb plyr off a very deep bench in denver. He is very athletic and young too. He would be a strong pick-up seeing that he can play sf, sg, and even stepped in at the pf often. With white, penny, craw, sweets/kt, baker, ariza, deke, dermarr, jyd, n e-rob that gives new york outstanding depth. But i still believe we need better depth at the bigman spot. Maybe a solid free agent or perhaps a trade involving dermarr or one of the bulls. Thoughts?

Sweeets50

Rookie
I can definitly see Rodney White being a starter at sf in the near future over TT. He could put up 15pts 6/7rebs 2ast 1stl easily every night. Thoughts?

NYK89

Rookie
Whats up wit Paxson man cant he jus finish this deal. TAKE MOOCHIE!! Now Isiah comin back wothout Crawford.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'm highly dissapointed that this deal didn't go through yet. Paxon is trying to bleed Thomas for all the size we have. Bottom line is that we need Crawford. I don't know how the deal will get done, but it needs to get done. The Knicks can't risk going into next season without a reliable backup for Houston.

e_D

Benchwarmer
Damn that greedy Paxson.. I'd like to see how Isiah plays the next move. Man, it's like a game of chess for this kid Crawford..

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I think Isiah should just stepped away from the Deal and leave Chicago stuck with an angry Crawford. Crawford would cause mad chaos up in there and Chicago would come running back to the Knicks for the trade. Think about it, if they sign him and he decides not to play because they cockblocked him from the big money they would be screwed.

The only problem with that scenario is that Crawford may receive an offer sheet from an under the cap team for a nice big contract. That may be his only escape from Chicago while still making the $$bling bling. If Charlotte, Atlanta, Clippers etc. give him a significant offer, he probably would take it. Thus far no team has bothered because everyone thought the Knicks and Bulls would have completed this long talked about deal.

Am I the only one who thinks that they should be able to get a third team involved to make this happen?. There are many teams looking to deal this summer. There are a lot of teams overspending on questionable free agents this summer. There are teams still out there under the cap this summer. You can see where I am going with this. Wouldn't Charlotte Bobcats take a reasonably valued player from either NY or Bulls with a relativey short contract, and a future draft pick so that this deal is fanagled where it works for everyone. Dallas is always looking to deal. The deal helpes both teams. Now please make it happen already....

Thank you and drive through. :hump:

David

rady

Administrator
Staff member
what a great article the ny post has!
isiah is trying to trade mutombo, anderson and norris for crawford, jerome williams and eddie robinson. the only bad part is that the last 2 of them have big contracts, but lt's be honest. they can't be worse than anderson. i still try to figure out why the bulls are so eager to add anderson for his defense! what's wrong with them?? well, let's just hold our fingers crossed and hope this 'blockbuster' will happen soon :)

to sweet to be true

http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1206

rady

Administrator
Staff member
what a great article the ny post has!
isiah is trying to trade mutombo, anderson and norris for crawford, jerome williams and eddie robinson. the only bad part is that the last 2 of them have big contracts, but lt's be honest. they can't be worse than anderson. i still try to figure out why the bulls are so eager to add anderson for his defense! what's wrong with them?? well, let's just hold our fingers crossed and hope this 'blockbuster' will happen soon :)

to sweet to be true

http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1206