Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121

Thread: Fire Damntoni Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Fire Damntoni Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    No Way He Should Be Head Coach Next Season Or By The Allstar Break

  2. #2
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I thought it was a brilliant move to start Gallo over Chandler. After all, Wilson already had his best game of the year against SA. He drove to the hoop at will against them. No way he would match that. He had 28 points last time. Gallo is coming off an injury and 2 weeks off. Brilliant move.

  3. #3
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Mike D Would Rather Lose Than Go Deep Into The Rotation And Don't Give Me That Crap About Bad Bench Because We Have More Talented Guys On Our Bench Than San Toni And They Get To Play

  4. #4
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    lmao.

    I honestly can't look at this guy anymore like seriously. He annoys me everytime I see him.

  5. #5
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Weatching This Game It Is Clear To Me Dantoni Doee Not Know What To Do In A Half Court Set Why Are We Posting Amare On The Free Throw Or Allowing Him To Create Off The Dribble

    Also We Need A Back Up Pg

  6. #6
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    lmao.

    I honestly can't look at this guy anymore like seriously. He annoys me everytime I see him.
    Yea its getting like that with me to. This small lineup crap is for the birds.

  7. #7
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,780
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I agree. We will continue to lose with this guy. Gotta be someone better available

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I'm getting tired of his over rated ass too. He buries guys on the bench and has the nerve to lose mutiple games in the process. He can't adjust or play to players strength. He only wants dudes to play his way or go down in shame.

    What if there aren't anymore players available that can play in his system? Can he adapt?

    Yeah right, he'll probably figure out a way to play a five man rotation for the rest of the year.

    I can hardly wait for the deadline...I'm anxious to see what this team is going to do.

  9. #9
    Member knicksman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I'm not satisfied with the Knicks being a mediocre team. We're good enough to beat the lower level teams on most night but we get beat by the better teams in the East & West. D'Antoni needs to be held accountable for how the team is playing. What I have a problem with is he's going to burn Amare & Felton out (evidence already) before the close of season due to his own stubborness to not go to his bench. With teams like the Spurs & the Celtics where we need bigger bodies to we don't get killed on the boards, he uses Will at PF to get manhandled on the inside. That's not smart coaching.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Country bumpkinville
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksman20
    I'm not satisfied with the Knicks being a mediocre team. We're good enough to beat the lower level teams on most night but we get beat by the better teams in the East & West. D'Antoni needs to be held accountable for how the team is playing. What I have a problem with is he's going to burn Amare & Felton out (evidence already) before the close of season due to his own stubborness to not go to his bench. With teams like the Spurs & the Celtics where we need bigger bodies to we don't get killed on the boards, he uses Will at PF to get manhandled on the inside. That's not smart coaching.
    In the last decade we have been far below mediocre so being it now is just fine by me. It also means that we can generate some god damn buzz about this team for the first time in a long time.

  11. #11
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Speak3asy
    In the last decade we have been far below mediocre so being it now is just fine by me. It also means that we can generate some god damn buzz about this team for the first time in a long time.
    Are you kidding me? This is New York City's team. There's no reason the largest city in the U.S. should settle with having a mediocre team just because we got used to losing the last 10 years.

    We have the talent and the shooters now to be a much better team. D'Antoni is not coaching defense. The only thing D'Antoni is good at is coaching an All-star team because that is the style of his coaching. Screw D, just throw up 3 pointers all night and eventually they'll fall. We're basically running the same game plan as the coaches in the All-star game but we only have one true all star. Well maybe if we get Carmelo and Paul that will work but its not working now.

    D'Antoni's offenses tempo and style basically ignores boxing out, rebounding and the players following their shots. Our guys are never in position to get a rebound on either side of the ball. He keeps all of our guys outside on the perimeter and basically just calls high post screen and rolls, isolation, or chuck a 3. That is his offense in a nutshell.

    His "so-called" defense is a mess. He doesn't enforce defense. When is the last time you seen him get on a guy about letting the opposing team camp in the paint all night and out-rebound us by double digits. It happens every night. The way his D is set up leads to mismatches on almost every play. He doesn't have our guys calling out picks and he just has them switch off resulting in mismatches like Felton on Tim Duncan the other night. The only time our team plays D is when our players feel like it. Normally when we're at home and the crowds into it or the players are looking for a block or steal to add to their stat sheet.

    Don't let me even get into his 7-man rotation. We have talent on the bench to stop some of these big guys or at least tire them down but he doesn't want to use them because they can't run like he wants us to run. I don't want us to can D'Antoni now, but as soon as we get Carmelo signed I would love for him to get canned. New York needs an equally good defense to match our offense. Everyone knows, Defense wins championships... Especially us New Yorkers. I don't know why so many fans accept being mediocre?

  12. #12
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,402
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Are you kidding me? This is New York City's team. There's no reason the largest city in the U.S. should settle with having a mediocre team just because we got used to losing the last 10 years.

    We have the talent and the shooters now to be a much better team. D'Antoni is not coaching defense. The only thing D'Antoni is good at is coaching an All-star team because that is the style of his coaching. Screw D, just throw up 3 pointers all night and eventually they'll fall. We're basically running the same game plan as the coaches in the All-star game but we only have one true all star. Well maybe if we get Carmelo and Paul that will work but its not working now.

    D'Antoni's offenses tempo and style basically ignores boxing out, rebounding and the players following their shots. Our guys are never in position to get a rebound on either side of the ball. He keeps all of our guys outside on the perimeter and basically just calls high post screen and rolls, isolation, or chuck a 3. That is his offense in a nutshell.

    His "so-called" defense is a mess. He doesn't enforce defense. When is the last time you seen him get on a guy about letting the opposing team camp in the paint all night and out-rebound us by double digits. It happens every night. The way his D is set up leads to mismatches on almost every play. He doesn't have our guys calling out picks and he just has them switch off resulting in mismatches like Felton on Tim Duncan the other night. The only time our team plays D is when our players feel like it. Normally when we're at home and the crowds into it or the players are looking for a block or steal to add to their stat sheet.

    Don't let me even get into his 7-man rotation. We have talent on the bench to stop some of these big guys or at least tire them down but he doesn't want to use them because they can't run like he wants us to run. I don't want us to can D'Antoni now, but as soon as we get Carmelo signed I would love for him to get canned. New York needs an equally good defense to match our offense. Everyone knows, Defense wins championships... Especially us New Yorkers. I don't know why so many fans accept being mediocre?


    there's quite a few KO posters who agree with you, myself included, and a few Antoni lovers who will disagree till they're blue in the face and fingers (I won't name them, because I like a number of their posts, but there's a Trillion other guys who think No-D's Runonino and Gun is the wave of the future; personally, I say uchh, you've gotta be kidding me JohnPaulZingo!).

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,787
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Are you kidding me? This is New York City's team. There's no reason the largest city in the U.S. should settle with having a mediocre team just because we got used to losing the last 10 years.

    We have the talent and the shooters now to be a much better team. D'Antoni is not coaching defense. The only thing D'Antoni is good at is coaching an All-star team because that is the style of his coaching. Screw D, just throw up 3 pointers all night and eventually they'll fall. We're basically running the same game plan as the coaches in the All-star game but we only have one true all star. Well maybe if we get Carmelo and Paul that will work but its not working now.

    D'Antoni's offenses tempo and style basically ignores boxing out, rebounding and the players following their shots. Our guys are never in position to get a rebound on either side of the ball. He keeps all of our guys outside on the perimeter and basically just calls high post screen and rolls, isolation, or chuck a 3. That is his offense in a nutshell.

    His "so-called" defense is a mess. He doesn't enforce defense. When is the last time you seen him get on a guy about letting the opposing team camp in the paint all night and out-rebound us by double digits. It happens every night. The way his D is set up leads to mismatches on almost every play. He doesn't have our guys calling out picks and he just has them switch off resulting in mismatches like Felton on Tim Duncan the other night. The only time our team plays D is when our players feel like it. Normally when we're at home and the crowds into it or the players are looking for a block or steal to add to their stat sheet.

    Don't let me even get into his 7-man rotation. We have talent on the bench to stop some of these big guys or at least tire them down but he doesn't want to use them because they can't run like he wants us to run. I don't want us to can D'Antoni now, but as soon as we get Carmelo signed I would love for him to get canned. New York needs an equally good defense to match our offense. Everyone knows, Defense wins championships... Especially us New Yorkers. I don't know why so many fans accept being mediocre?
    +

    The Knicks have a headcoach with so many FLAWS, I doubt if he would
    last a full year in the NCAA. Dantoni is only good for Euro-Relation for the NBA.

  14. #14
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Are you kidding me? This is New York City's team. There's no reason the largest city in the U.S. should settle with having a mediocre team just because we got used to losing the last 10 years.

    We have the talent and the shooters now to be a much better team. D'Antoni is not coaching defense. The only thing D'Antoni is good at is coaching an All-star team because that is the style of his coaching. Screw D, just throw up 3 pointers all night and eventually they'll fall. We're basically running the same game plan as the coaches in the All-star game but we only have one true all star. Well maybe if we get Carmelo and Paul that will work but its not working now.

    D'Antoni's offenses tempo and style basically ignores boxing out, rebounding and the players following their shots. Our guys are never in position to get a rebound on either side of the ball. He keeps all of our guys outside on the perimeter and basically just calls high post screen and rolls, isolation, or chuck a 3. That is his offense in a nutshell.

    His "so-called" defense is a mess. He doesn't enforce defense. When is the last time you seen him get on a guy about letting the opposing team camp in the paint all night and out-rebound us by double digits. It happens every night. The way his D is set up leads to mismatches on almost every play. He doesn't have our guys calling out picks and he just has them switch off resulting in mismatches like Felton on Tim Duncan the other night. The only time our team plays D is when our players feel like it. Normally when we're at home and the crowds into it or the players are looking for a block or steal to add to their stat sheet.

    Don't let me even get into his 7-man rotation. We have talent on the bench to stop some of these big guys or at least tire them down but he doesn't want to use them because they can't run like he wants us to run. I don't want us to can D'Antoni now, but as soon as we get Carmelo signed I would love for him to get canned. New York needs an equally good defense to match our offense. Everyone knows, Defense wins championships... Especially us New Yorkers. I don't know why so many fans accept being mediocre?
    I applaud you sir. Good post.

  15. #15
    Member knicksman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Speak3asy
    In the last decade we have been far below mediocre so being it now is just fine by me. It also means that we can generate some god damn buzz about this team for the first time in a long time.
    We don't have that kind of time. Amare is arugably playing his best basketball this season & this window we have with him in his PRIME is small. He's what 28?

    I'm still irked by this whole Anthony Randolph situation. Here you have a 21 year athletic forward that covers alot of floor, blocks shots as a good help defender, & can rebound & he won't play him because he's not Channing Frye smh? Under another's coaches offensive system this kid would make a good impact on another team whether as a 6 man or starter. Since being drafted at 19 he hasn't seen consistent minutes & it's a shame.

Similar Threads

  1. Congrats D'amntoni on 50 Losses...Again!
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Apr 13, 2010, 19:04
  2. Danilo Gallinari vs Wilson Chandler
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: Mar 25, 2010, 16:44
  3. Official fire Herb Williams thread
    By NYK 33 TaVe in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2010, 23:56
  4. Christianity in 30 Seconds
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 425
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2008, 16:15
  5. New York Knicks@ Boston Celtics
    By D-Lee42fan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: Dec 01, 2007, 22:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •