Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Damntoni Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

word i feel u

Originally Posted by KBlack25

Edit: And - can we institue a new rule on this board? If you are going to make a suggestion like "Fire The Coach" - come up with a realistic replacement, and reasons why said replacement would do better than D'Antoni. I challenge anyone to name a coach that, with this team, would have us in serious championship contention.
    Bill Laimbeer would definitely be an upgrade. Offensively we would be just about the same, but defensively we'd be much, much better. Its also safe to say that Moz and AR would be so much better.

1 star thread... if that..

You guys always fall for the okie..

WE HAVE A GOOD COACH.

Our personnel just needs upgrades. We'll get there.

Damn..

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    You guys always fall for the okie..

WE HAVE A GOOD COACH.

Our personnel just needs upgrades. We'll get there.

Damn..
    I disagree. The personnel is fine its just not being used properly. There are guys all over the league getting minutes that are worse than Moz and AR.

You hate our coach and the way we play so I can't say I'm surprised.

If and when we get Melo and Paul you'll shut up then, maybe.

Coaches need good personnel my dude. None of them are exempt. AR and Moz are extreme liabilities right now.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    What a well thought out and comprehensive thread...not! As kblack pointed out we r still having our best season in close to a decade. Before the season people would of been happy with the 8th seed yet now everyone wants to be title contenders with one star ignoring we need another star to compete. Our roster is incomplete, we have cap or a trade coming yet people want to blame D'ant as if another coach is found to magically have our inferior roster catapult us ahead of Orlando, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston and Miami. Let's scrap the system so Felton can go back to crappy production...that's the key to success!
    So you are happy with 22-20???? Ok as long as we make the playoffs I guess. So tell me how Tim Thideou can take a injury riddled Chicago team and coach them to a so far 3rd seed.

What coach in his right mind would put Chandler on HOF Tim Duncan or Shawne Williams on Dwight Howard?

Also as for a new coach I say we pick up Mike Woodson, He coaches an iso systyem that features better ball movement,isolations and few three pointers. He coached his Hawks to an improving record each season and his last season they won 50+ games but could not get over the hump playing a better Orlando team.

You need to relax with these threads. First it was Stat was a fraud because he wasn't doing it in the preseason. Now it's this. Relax. I always said that I would be fine with 41 wins and a place in the playoffs for a start. Your way too high to think otherwise.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    You hate our coach and the way we play so I can't say I'm surprised.

If and when we get Melo and Paul you'll shut up then, maybe.

Coaches need good personnel my dude. None of them are exempt. AR and Moz are extreme liabilities right now.
    It doesn't matter what players we have. If D'Antoni isn't coaching his players to play defense and rebound the ball we will only win when were shooting the lights out and lose ever close game just like today's.

What you guys don't realize is these "star" players like Carmelo aren't going to want to come here if the team and coach SUCKS. Carmelo wanted to play here more when he saw we were good without him. Now he might just change his mind and go somewhere else. D'Antoni SUCKS!!!

Veteran

I'm getting tired of his over rated ass too. He buries guys on the bench and has the nerve to lose mutiple games in the process. He can't adjust or play to players strength. He only wants dudes to play his way or go down in shame.

What if there aren't anymore players available that can play in his system? Can he adapt?

Yeah right, he'll probably figure out a way to play a five man rotation for the rest of the year.

I can hardly wait for the deadline...I'm anxious to see what this team is going to do.

I'm not satisfied with the Knicks being a mediocre team. We're good enough to beat the lower level teams on most night but we get beat by the better teams in the East & West. D'Antoni needs to be held accountable for how the team is playing. What I have a problem with is he's going to burn Amare & Felton out (evidence already) before the close of season due to his own stubborness to not go to his bench. With teams like the Spurs & the Celtics where we need bigger bodies to we don't get killed on the boards, he uses Will at PF to get manhandled on the inside. That's not smart coaching.

Originally Posted by knicksman20
    I'm not satisfied with the Knicks being a mediocre team. We're good enough to beat the lower level teams on most night but we get beat by the better teams in the East & West. D'Antoni needs to be held accountable for how the team is playing. What I have a problem with is he's going to burn Amare & Felton out (evidence already) before the close of season due to his own stubborness to not go to his bench. With teams like the Spurs & the Celtics where we need bigger bodies to we don't get killed on the boards, he uses Will at PF to get manhandled on the inside. That's not smart coaching.
    In the last decade we have been far below mediocre so being it now is just fine by me. It also means that we can generate some god damn buzz about this team for the first time in a long time.

Originally Posted by Speak3asy
    In the last decade we have been far below mediocre so being it now is just fine by me. It also means that we can generate some god damn buzz about this team for the first time in a long time.
    Are you kidding me? This is New York City's team. There's no reason the largest city in the U.S. should settle with having a mediocre team just because we got used to losing the last 10 years.

We have the talent and the shooters now to be a much better team. D'Antoni is not coaching defense. The only thing D'Antoni is good at is coaching an All-star team because that is the style of his coaching. Screw D, just throw up 3 pointers all night and eventually they'll fall. We're basically running the same game plan as the coaches in the All-star game but we only have one true all star. Well maybe if we get Carmelo and Paul that will work but its not working now.

D'Antoni's offenses tempo and style basically ignores boxing out, rebounding and the players following their shots. Our guys are never in position to get a rebound on either side of the ball. He keeps all of our guys outside on the perimeter and basically just calls high post screen and rolls, isolation, or chuck a 3. That is his offense in a nutshell.

His "so-called" defense is a mess. He doesn't enforce defense. When is the last time you seen him get on a guy about letting the opposing team camp in the paint all night and out-rebound us by double digits. It happens every night. The way his D is set up leads to mismatches on almost every play. He doesn't have our guys calling out picks and he just has them switch off resulting in mismatches like Felton on Tim Duncan the other night. The only time our team plays D is when our players feel like it. Normally when we're at home and the crowds into it or the players are looking for a block or steal to add to their stat sheet.

Don't let me even get into his 7-man rotation. We have talent on the bench to stop some of these big guys or at least tire them down but he doesn't want to use them because they can't run like he wants us to run. I don't want us to can D'Antoni now, but as soon as we get Carmelo signed I would love for him to get canned. New York needs an equally good defense to match our offense. Everyone knows, Defense wins championships... Especially us New Yorkers. I don't know why so many fans accept being mediocre?

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Are you kidding me? This is New York City's team. There's no reason the largest city in the U.S. should settle with having a mediocre team just because we got used to losing the last 10 years.

We have the talent and the shooters now to be a much better team. D'Antoni is not coaching defense. The only thing D'Antoni is good at is coaching an All-star team because that is the style of his coaching. Screw D, just throw up 3 pointers all night and eventually they'll fall. We're basically running the same game plan as the coaches in the All-star game but we only have one true all star. Well maybe if we get Carmelo and Paul that will work but its not working now.

D'Antoni's offenses tempo and style basically ignores boxing out, rebounding and the players following their shots. Our guys are never in position to get a rebound on either side of the ball. He keeps all of our guys outside on the perimeter and basically just calls high post screen and rolls, isolation, or chuck a 3. That is his offense in a nutshell.

His "so-called" defense is a mess. He doesn't enforce defense. When is the last time you seen him get on a guy about letting the opposing team camp in the paint all night and out-rebound us by double digits. It happens every night. The way his D is set up leads to mismatches on almost every play. He doesn't have our guys calling out picks and he just has them switch off resulting in mismatches like Felton on Tim Duncan the other night. The only time our team plays D is when our players feel like it. Normally when we're at home and the crowds into it or the players are looking for a block or steal to add to their stat sheet.

Don't let me even get into his 7-man rotation. We have talent on the bench to stop some of these big guys or at least tire them down but he doesn't want to use them because they can't run like he wants us to run. I don't want us to can D'Antoni now, but as soon as we get Carmelo signed I would love for him to get canned. New York needs an equally good defense to match our offense. Everyone knows, Defense wins championships... Especially us New Yorkers. I don't know why so many fans accept being mediocre?

there's quite a few KO posters who agree with you, myself included, and a few Antoni lovers who will disagree till they're blue in the face and fingers (I won't name them, because I like a number of their posts, but there's a Trillion other guys who think No-D's Runonino and Gun is the wave of the future; personally, I say uchh, you've gotta be kidding me JohnPaulZingo!).

It is not about who love MD or who hate him, it is about people being unrealistic, any couch in the league will be getting the same words here..... we will never be satisfied, which is sometimes a good thing, but we need to be logical about it. when you start the season saying i am happy with a playoff spot this season, you can not change your mind and say i need to be in the 3rd place east.
    nobody is rebounding cause our best rebounder (STAT)is not very good at rebounding!
    and if you think ANY coach in the league will allow Mozgov or AR to play after what we saw from them then you really don't know anything about coaching, and just want to post and nag.......

please please, can anybody justify why Moz or AR should get minutes (other than training them, (cause the games actually count, they are not training center)