Have You Seen Fields????

In his last five games these were his scoring totals in this order: 8pts, 9pts, 11pt, 9pts, and tonight a whopping 2pts. Ok so you say he wasn't much of a scorer anyway, he did the dirty work, rebounding is his strength. Well hereare is rebounding numbers in those same 5 games in this order: 5rbs, 8rbs, 9rbs, 6rbs, and tonight, a whopping 3rbs. Maybe it's him hitting that proverbial rookie wall, maybe he's come down to earth and is not the talent that we thought he was becoming, or maybe it's coaching. Who knows, but right now he's not helping this team

There have been some of you that state "don't break up the team, let's see what we can do". Ithink half a season is more than enough time to "see what we have". We apparently don't have enough even against bad teams. My opinion is that it's the coaching along with the trade rumors, but if it is the trade rumors, then he has to learn to be a professional and shake that off and stay focuse, because if not he's gonna start to make the other 29 GM's look smart for passing on him.

la2ny

Starter
He's just a normal smart role player. cats on this board have a tendency 2 overrate players and Landry was one of the main ones because he was a 2nd round pick. If we took him in the 1st round would we be talking about him as much? Im not even tripping about him not being a big factor in these games, he's not Kobe so Idk what you expect from him he had normal role player numbers.

petescud

Starter
He looks to me as a role player as well. Our team doesn't have all the pieces yet, so he's starting. I give the kid credit though. Many don't know much about this kid. Draft day, this kid didn't even attend. He was sitting home in his bedroom watching all these guys get picked. When they called his name in the second round, he jumped up and down on his bed. He couldn't believe he got picked in the 2nd round.

I think i would either package him and Gallo in a trade for Melo, or if he stays, thats cool too. Give him a break though. He is a Rookie

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
In his last five games these were his scoring totals in this order: 8pts, 9pts, 11pt, 9pts, and tonight a whopping 2pts. Ok so you say he wasn't much of a scorer anyway, he did the dirty work, rebounding is his strength. Well hereare is rebounding numbers in those same 5 games in this order: 5rbs, 8rbs, 9rbs, 6rbs, and tonight, a whopping 3rbs. Maybe it's him hitting that proverbial rookie wall, maybe he's come down to earth and is not the talent that we thought he was becoming, or maybe it's coaching. Who knows, but right now he's not helping this team

There have been some of you that state "don't break up the team, let's see what we can do". Ithink half a season is more than enough time to "see what we have". We apparently don't have enough even against bad teams. My opinion is that it's the coaching along with the trade rumors, but if it is the trade rumors, then he has to learn to be a professional and shake that off and stay focuse, because if not he's gonna start to make the other 29 GM's look smart for passing on him.

Here's the thing:

For a guard, 8 rebounds is really good. Hell, for a guard, 5 rebounds is really good.

So...I don't see what you're getting at.

petescud

Starter
Here's the thing:

For a guard, 8 rebounds is really good. Hell, for a guard, 5 rebounds is really good.

So...I don't see what you're getting at.

I think what he's getting at is Fields is supposed to be our starting shooting guard. 2 pts isn't going to get it done. Most would rather see him get 3 rebounds a game and put up 15pts a game. Again, he's a rookie, so i'll give him slack. Maybe next year he'll be a 13 ppg 7 RPG guy (though he may doing that on Denver)

Sage

Rotation player
Apart from rebounds, wouldn't Azubuike provide a lot of what Fields does?

Not saying I want Fields to go at all, there's a list of players I'd happily see traded before Fields, but just wondering.. Mind you I haven't actually seen Azi play, just reading his career statline.

How is he going to score if he has no plays made for him. He's a smart player who lets the game come to him. He's just there for extra rebounds, knocking down threes, and occasional putbacks. He can start working on his game if we hold onto him during this summer.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
LMAO @ this thread. You act like the Knicks are running SET plays for this young man. You act like hes going 5-20 from the field!! He gets maybe 4 or 5 shots a game if hes lucky.

The thread you should have made was about Felton's slump. 5 - 19 is not gonna win us any games. I hope he doesnt hit a, dare I even say it, Duhon like slump.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
He's just a normal smart role player. cats on this board have a tendency 2 overrate players and Landry was one of the main ones because he was a 2nd round pick. If we took him in the 1st round would we be talking about him as much? Im not even tripping about him not being a big factor in these games, he's not Kobe so Idk what you expect from him he had normal role player numbers.

It's not just people on these boards that blow Fields up. Clyde last night called him our best all around player.

No frigging way, not yet..

mafra

Legend
Fields played excellent defense on Manu last night. Jackson-VanG mentioned that fact. Manu was 5-18 (0-5 from downtown). Fields did his job. He held Manu to 16 points on 18 shots.

MD asks his SG to do 2 things (shoot the 3 and play defense). The PG and spacing are responsible for the scoring. Think R-Bell.

This was why Walsh grabbed Azu.

I think Fields is fine. He wont score 15 ppg on most nights. Of course he's going to hit the rookie wall. Still, think of any player taken in last year's draft (including Wall), and tell me who is having a better season?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean Fields isn't scoring much but frankly he also doesn't take many shots and he also makes in most of the ones he takes.

A FG% of over 50 for a guard is really good, and Fields has made it clear that he puts the ball in the basket when he has a chance to. He doesn't force shots, which is a good thing for a guy on a team with Amar'e Stoudemire.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer

Fire Dantoni!

STAT is a Fraud!
Felton is Overpaid!
Fields is a Bum!

You are a fair-weather fan with a history of hitting the panic button, please stop embarassing yourself, its not funny anymore its just freaking sad.

The Knicks are playing like crap because, they are injured, adapting to a new system (Felton and Fields look tired) and have non stop trade rumors on their minds. Wilson, Gallo, Fields can't be thrilled about a possible move to Denver, Felton is exhausted and Amar'e is taking a beating in the paint every night.

This 6 game losing streak is not pretty, but there is no reason to panic right now. By February we should have a better idea of what this team will look like after this Melo-Drama.

Paul1355

All Star

Landry brings everything to the table, he is not over rated. If anything he is still under rated since Denver likes him but not enough to make a deal with Wilson, Curry, and a pick involved.

Fields is a rookie who impressed from day one and is s superb rebounder for a 2 guard. He is not a sharp shooter but he does hit big shots which is something some guys never have.

Let's put it this way: Fields has hit so many timly hoops that I can give him the ball in any situation and feel comfortable where if Gallo or Chandler had the ball, I have to hold my breath because they have made the dumbest decisions in big game spots.

Fields is great and we should do everything to keep him on the team.

Fire Dantoni!

STAT is a Fraud!
Felton is Overpaid!
Fields is a Bum!

You are a fair-weather fan with a history of hitting the panic button, please stop embarassing yourself, its not funny anymore its just freaking sad.

The Knicks are playing like crap because, they are injured, adapting to a new system (Felton and Fields look tired) and have non stop trade rumors on their minds. Wilson, Gallo, Fields can't be thrilled about a possible move to Denver, Felton is exhausted and Amar'e is taking a beating in the paint every night.

This 6 game losing streak is not pretty, but there is no reason to panic right now. By February we should have a better idea of what this team will look like after this Melo-Drama.

LOL U STILL TAKING SHOTS DIDN'T I SON U ALREADY

U POST NONSENSE WHEN DID I CALL FIELDS A BUM I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF EVERYONE ELSE NOTICES HE HASN'T BEEN PLAYING WITH THAT INTENSITY.

I'M STILL SWAGGED UP
2u4352b.jpg

nyk_nyk

All Star
Fields was incredible last night. He had an A+ game against one of the best in the league and showed why he is the REAL rookie of the year (when factoring in actual draft year). He does everything right and has a veteran swag about him. He's very intelligent and usually makes great decisions outside of the typical Dantoni "quick shot" approach. He's one of the guys who will forego a quick long range shot for a better shot closer to the basket.

Whether we keep him or not, he's a great player with a bright future.

SlimChin

Rookie
the kid's a rookie who has far exceeded my expectations. it's only upside for him.

Now Chandler; he's on my sh!t list right now.

skisloper

Starter
Its hard to believe where Donnie has set us up....

Next Season to go in with
Carmelo ( as a free agent )
Gallo
Fields
Amare
Felton
William
Douglas
Mozgov ( would like to see what happens )
Rautins
Turiaf

and get rid of
Chandler
Walker
Anthony
Mason
Curry

We are one BIG MAN from a championship team.
Lets hope Anthony, Walker and Chandler are worth that!
We are one Big man from a

jpz17

Starter
Fields doesn't take many shots in the game, but when he does he hits the shots. he is perfect for a great team to have... If we could somehow hold onto him and put Melo around him and Amare and Felton we are golden.. Land a nice center in FA this year that can play D and rebound, we are title competitors.

Fields has an amazing game last night though against Miami.... something like 19 points 13 rebounds... Nasty stuff. He will be a triple double machine someday.