Randolph Trade

KnickRick

Rookie
I'm a Golden State fan, but a transplanted New Yorker.

I'm wondering what you guys think of the trade now.

So far, we've gotten good play from Lee, apart from when he was playing injured.

He's a talented offensive player, boards well, and his defense doesn't suck as badly as I expected. Or maybe he just looks good here, since the W's have sucked defensively since the 70's.

Nobody here misses Randolph, and, from what I'm reading, he hasn't done much for the Knicks.

We all liked Turiaf and Azu. The W's have other guys who can cover Azu's minutes pretty well (most Dorell Wright), but we don't have a guy like Turiaf.

Are you going to get anything for Randolph?

Was this trade basically Lee (and his big contract) for Azu, Turiaf and a bust?

Would you do it again? I would, speaking as a W fan. No offense intended here -- I'm just trying to understand whether this trade was a good one -- and for who.

Rick

mafra

Legend
We all loved LEE. SOme of us would even be tickled to imagine what LEE-AMAR'E would do offensively together. AND, looking at the players involved, GSW got the best player. With that said:

1) Turiaf has been great for us. LEE-AMAR'E would be great on offense, but a laughingstock on defense. Turiaf is the perfect compliment for Stoudemure. Knicks lead the league in blocks, and Turiaf gives us NYK fans that interior toughness we so cherished in the mid 90s.

2) Randolph is a joke and MD ruined any possible growth, but he'll get the Knicks a 1st round pick.

3) AZU was a 'roll the dice' type. Hitting the 3 and playing great defense is something we want from our SG. Think R-Bell. This is what MD prefers. AZU might never return to form, or he may give us something down the stretch or next year. Jury is still out on this one.

4) If we resigned LEE we wouldn't have cap space. No Carmelo. No Marc Gasol. No major move. With the 1st round pick NYK will get when they deal Randolph, and the cap space we preserved by letting Lee go... Knicks will get another piece of the puzzle.

SO, if you ask me if I would prefer David Lee, or Turiaf & Carmelo Anthony... Well, do I really need to answer that?

I'm still pissed you guys drafted Curry. Shame on you.

Paul1355

All Star
I'm a Golden State fan, but a transplanted New Yorker.

I'm wondering what you guys think of the trade now.

So far, we've gotten good play from Lee, apart from when he was playing injured.

He's a talented offensive player, boards well, and his defense doesn't suck as badly as I expected. Or maybe he just looks good here, since the W's have sucked defensively since the 70's.

Nobody here misses Randolph, and, from what I'm reading, he hasn't done much for the Knicks.

We all liked Turiaf and Azu. The W's have other guys who can cover Azu's minutes pretty well (most Dorell Wright), but we don't have a guy like Turiaf.

Are you going to get anything for Randolph?

Was this trade basically Lee (and his big contract) for Azu, Turiaf and a bust?

Would you do it again? I would, speaking as a W fan. No offense intended here -- I'm just trying to understand whether this trade was a good one -- and for who.

Rick
Basically we got Lee for Ronny Turiaf, 1st round pick (Randolph) and Cuttino Mobley part 2(Azubuike)

I think Azzy can be a decent player once his knee is fine but the Knicks are becoming impatient with him.

We could have let Lee go and gotnothing for him, aleast we got a shotblocking center who brings energy to this team. Turiaf is huge to this team.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
with us reeling now why dont we shake up the rotation and give AR some minutes, at first i understood D'an didnt wanna mess with anything cause we were "rollin" now were losing and we need a spark to get the team back on track, implement AR in the rotation and who knows he could drive up his value or establish himself as a keeper.

with us reeling now why dont we shake up the rotation and give AR some minutes, at first i understood D'an didnt wanna mess with anything cause we were "rollin" now were losing and we need a spark to get the team back on track, implement AR in the rotation and who knows he could drive up his value or establish himself as a keeper.

agreed completely

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
GS obviously got much the best of that deal because D'Antoni doesn't like wings that can rebound well, block shots well, help on the inside with their length, run the floor, handle and pass OK because if they can't shoot from the outside they don't fit the system (even if they are only 21).