Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Thunder - Sat Jan 22

Originally Posted by petescud
    Here's a game that was all ours....More bad coaching as well as shot selection cost this game. Oh yeah, and why did Gallo guard Durant for the winning shot. The guys a Beast
    It's all coaching. Felton missed 5 shots the last 3 minutes. He missed 3 alone in the last 40 seconds. MD cannot adjust. His system is based on putting the ball in the PG's hands and hope he hits a shot or makes a play. Felton has been shooting under 30 percent since the POR game.

You would think MD would design one play to get Gallo, Walker, Williams, Douglas, STAT an open look. He had 2 timeouts to do it. One was an extended timeout. he doesn't have the smarts to draw up a play on the fly (taking into account the opponent and flow of the game). He is all theory.

So, his only option was to give the ball to Felton and hope for the best.

This is why I get confused when people say MD is an offensive genius. Any coach worth anything can design a play to get somebody and open look, especially if given 2 tries.

How is this happening again? Anyone else forget the feeling of how exciting this team was already? Sheesh. Get back on track, guys.

I really felt we'd win this one tnite.

Now i'm legitimately concerned.

Originally Posted by mafra
    It's all coaching. Felton missed 5 shots the last 3 minutes. He missed 3 alone in the last 40 seconds. MD cannot adjust. His system is based on putting the ball in the PG's hands and hope he hits a shot or makes a play. Felton has been shooting under 30 percent since the POR game.

You would think MD would design one play to get Gallo, Walker, Williams, Douglas, STAT an open look. He had 2 timeouts to do it. One was an extended timeout. he doesn't have the smarts to draw up a play on the fly (taking into account the opponent and flow of the game). He is all theory.

This is why I get confused when people say MD is an offensive genius. Any coach worth anything can design a play to get somebody and open look, especially if given 2 tries.
    I agree. This crap shoot needs to end, and we need to move on. If we lose another we;ll be what i wasn't hoping for this year....a .500 team

THIS GAME WAS LOST AT THE LAST 2 MINS BY FELTON NOT SHARING THE BALL I DON'T THINK GALLO HAD 3 FGA IN THE 4TH EVEN THOUGH HE WAS PLAYING WELL

Chandler's got to stop being such a tease. If he plays to his abilities tonight, we win this. STAT needs real help, not all of this inconsistent BS.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Anyone else missing a heart right now?
    Not at all. I had no doubt NYK were going to lose all 3 games on this road trip. People need to forget about that 1 hot stretch the knicks had. We are 8-13 since then. We cannot beat good teams. I think we have ZERO victories when we head into 4th quarter trailing. And now we cannot even finish games.

Felton-Stat have come crashing back to Earth, as teams dare anyone else on the Knicks to beat them.

Sure, refs killed us tonight down the stretch. Felton was terrible. But blame MD. He put the ball in RF's hands and asked him to make a play. He chucked a 3, missed a layup, and then took and missed a terrible shot, going awy from the basket.

I've never seen a coach ask a player in the midst of a 2 week slump to take (not 1 or 2) THREE shots to win the game.

yeah besides rebounding, we played pretty well... and there was some questionable coaching decisions... but in the end the NBA's leading scorer beat us... what can we do?

Superstar

Default Show me your point guard and I'll show you this game's MVP

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    .:.Damn.:.
    I'd call it a natural conclusion for a team that just hasn't been able to grasp the logic of Basketball. Anyone else notice that the Knicks had a comfortable lead in Stadoumire and Felton's absence? Anyone able to tell ne why the hell a yeam that's up by 9 needs to be shooting forced threes? Anyone still think Felton should get more than 15 minutes a game? Williams, Turiaf, and Walker need to play more. Much smarter than the rest of the team put together. (That includes the coaching staff) This developed into a game that only the Knicks could have lost.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I really felt we'd win this one tnite.

Now i'm legitimately concerned.
    I had no doubt... if this game was close down the stretch... that Westbrook and Durant would win this game. There was no way we were winning the game after STAT had a chance to put us up 8 with 5:50 to play. After Gallo made that 3, and we got the ball back, after the refs failed to call the foul on Collison... It was over.

Momentum swung and you knew Durant-Westbrook would score every trip, and you knew there was no way we would keep scoring. With 3:50 top play I said we needed 4 baskets to win. We got 2 down the stretch (missed 5 shots). OKC scored with every remianing possession.

Nothing matters now. Knicks will finsh with a 6-8 seed and get ousted (probably swept) in the first round). Big deal.

single plays or people can win games but not lose them

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Chandler's got to stop being such a tease. If he plays to his abilities tonight, we win this. STAT needs real help, not all of this inconsistent BS.
    Did you see us on the boards tonight? We chuck up like 35 3 pointers and every damn time there's not 1 Knick under the basket and when the rebound comes long (which is most of the time), our players just sit there and let the opposing team get the rebound or even worse just turn around and run up the court. Knicks fans need to start getting on the organization and stop settling for this crappy play. DISGUSTING!!!

lmao this is funny stuff

Why Gallo doesn't even get one shot after drilling that big 3 to put us up 6? He only got one pass in like the final eight minutes. It's like we don't even look for him. Instead down the stretch you have Amare and Felton forcing bad shots instead of playing team basketball and looking to play inside out, or drive and kick. When those guys go inside, they're always double or triple teamed, meaning Gallo, Williams, or Fields is likely wide-open behind the arc. That's a much better shot than some of the ridiculous shots those two were putting up. Frustrating, no?

I had no doubt... if this game was close down the stretch... that Westbrook and Durant would win this game. There was no way we were winning the game after STAT had a chance to put us up 8 with 5:50 to play. After Gallo made that 3, and we got the ball back, after the refs failed to call the foul on Collison... It was over.

Momentum swung and you knew Durant-Westbrook would score every trip, and you knew there was no way we would keep scoring. With 3:50 top play I said we needed 4 baskets to win. We got 2 down the stretch (missed 5 shots). OKC scored with every remianing possession.

Nothing matters now. Knicks will finsh with a 6-8 seed and get ousted (probably swept) in the first round). Big deal.
    Bro we lost the game on last sec fall-away 3 from a great player.

What do u mean there was no way we'd win?? To me, we had a GOOD chance to win if we had PG w enough sense to get the ball to our two best scorers in the game.Smh.

We lost the game on the offensive glass tnite. Too many second opportunities for OKC..