Knicks @ Thunder - Sat Jan 22

KingofNy

Starter
So that was our plan? Give the coldest shooter on the floor the ball, isolate him and then have him chuck up a garbage shot. Nice D'antoni. Well at least if we keep losing D'Antoni might get fired and I can stop yelling at my TV every night because we don't play defense, don't rebound on either side of the ball, and chuck up garbage shots all game.

KingofNy

Starter
Fire D'antoni After We Get Carmelo! Heck that's if Carmelo will even want to come to this mess of a team.

How many losses is it going to take before it's gets through D'Antoni's head that he needs to fix our problems? UGGHH! The 2010 Knicks were a d*ck tease. It's almost better to suck all season so you don't get your hopes up.

petescud

Starter
Here's a game that was all ours....More bad coaching as well as shot selection cost this game. Oh yeah, and why did Gallo guard Durant for the winning shot. The guys a Beast

mafra

Legend
Knicks now 1-7 (last 8 games)... 8-13 (last 21).

MD exposed tonight. COuldn't design one play to catch OKC offbalanced.

Felton-STAT are killing this team. Gallo had 5 points in the 2nd half. Chandler a ghost again.

This is getting out of hand. 22-22. Now the playoffs seem to be slipping away. We miss the post season... MD is fired.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Gallo was right on him.

W some players there's just nothing you can do. Durant is so deadly. Gallo played him well all game to. Shame.

mafra

Legend
Here's a game that was all ours....More bad coaching as well as shot selection cost this game. Oh yeah, and why did Gallo guard Durant for the winning shot. The guys a Beast

It's all coaching. Felton missed 5 shots the last 3 minutes. He missed 3 alone in the last 40 seconds. MD cannot adjust. His system is based on putting the ball in the PG's hands and hope he hits a shot or makes a play. Felton has been shooting under 30 percent since the POR game.

You would think MD would design one play to get Gallo, Walker, Williams, Douglas, STAT an open look. He had 2 timeouts to do it. One was an extended timeout. he doesn't have the smarts to draw up a play on the fly (taking into account the opponent and flow of the game). He is all theory.

So, his only option was to give the ball to Felton and hope for the best.

This is why I get confused when people say MD is an offensive genius. Any coach worth anything can design a play to get somebody and open look, especially if given 2 tries.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
How is this happening again? Anyone else forget the feeling of how exciting this team was already? Sheesh. Get back on track, guys.

petescud

Starter
It's all coaching. Felton missed 5 shots the last 3 minutes. He missed 3 alone in the last 40 seconds. MD cannot adjust. His system is based on putting the ball in the PG's hands and hope he hits a shot or makes a play. Felton has been shooting under 30 percent since the POR game.

You would think MD would design one play to get Gallo, Walker, Williams, Douglas, STAT an open look. He had 2 timeouts to do it. One was an extended timeout. he doesn't have the smarts to draw up a play on the fly (taking into account the opponent and flow of the game). He is all theory.

So, his only option was to give the ball to Felton and hope for the best.

This is why I get confused when people say MD is an offensive genius. Any coach worth anything can design a play to get somebody and open look, especially if given 2 tries.

I agree. This crap shoot needs to end, and we need to move on. If we lose another we;ll be what i wasn't hoping for this year....a .500 team

THIS GAME WAS LOST AT THE LAST 2 MINS BY FELTON NOT SHARING THE BALL I DON'T THINK GALLO HAD 3 FGA IN THE 4TH EVEN THOUGH HE WAS PLAYING WELL :barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Chandler's got to stop being such a tease. If he plays to his abilities tonight, we win this. STAT needs real help, not all of this inconsistent BS.

mafra

Legend
Anyone else missing a heart right now?

Not at all. I had no doubt NYK were going to lose all 3 games on this road trip. People need to forget about that 1 hot stretch the knicks had. We are 8-13 since then. We cannot beat good teams. I think we have ZERO victories when we head into 4th quarter trailing. And now we cannot even finish games.

Felton-Stat have come crashing back to Earth, as teams dare anyone else on the Knicks to beat them.

Sure, refs killed us tonight down the stretch. Felton was terrible. But blame MD. He put the ball in RF's hands and asked him to make a play. He chucked a 3, missed a layup, and then took and missed a terrible shot, going awy from the basket.

I've never seen a coach ask a player in the midst of a 2 week slump to take (not 1 or 2) THREE shots to win the game.

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
yeah besides rebounding, we played pretty well... and there was some questionable coaching decisions... but in the end the NBA's leading scorer beat us... what can we do?

TakMan

Rotation player
Show me your point guard and I'll show you this game's MVP

.:.Damn.:.

I'd call it a natural conclusion for a team that just hasn't been able to grasp the logic of Basketball. Anyone else notice that the Knicks had a comfortable lead in Stadoumire and Felton's absence? Anyone able to tell ne why the hell a yeam that's up by 9 needs to be shooting forced threes? Anyone still think Felton should get more than 15 minutes a game? Williams, Turiaf, and Walker need to play more. Much smarter than the rest of the team put together. (That includes the coaching staff) This developed into a game that only the Knicks could have lost.

mafra

Legend
I really felt we'd win this one tnite.

Now i'm legitimately concerned.

I had no doubt... if this game was close down the stretch... that Westbrook and Durant would win this game. There was no way we were winning the game after STAT had a chance to put us up 8 with 5:50 to play. After Gallo made that 3, and we got the ball back, after the refs failed to call the foul on Collison... It was over.

Momentum swung and you knew Durant-Westbrook would score every trip, and you knew there was no way we would keep scoring. With 3:50 top play I said we needed 4 baskets to win. We got 2 down the stretch (missed 5 shots). OKC scored with every remianing possession.

Nothing matters now. Knicks will finsh with a 6-8 seed and get ousted (probably swept) in the first round). Big deal.