View Poll Results: Which out of these star studded lineups, is the best?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magic Johnson, kareem abdul Jabbar, James Worthy, Kurt Rambis

7 46.67%
  • Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Bill Walton

1 6.67%
  • Michael Jordon, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, John Paxon

7 46.67%
  • Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Robert Horry

0 0%
  • Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher

0 0%
  • Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Rajo Rondo

0 0%
  • LeBron James, James Wade, Chris Bosh

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the Knicks plan the right plan for the future?

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I've seen all of the greats play. In this day and age you don't have to of been there to watch them. It's stupid for people to keep saying, "We're you there sonny? I saw him, I swear.. I was there", like some old coot lol.. Have you heard of ESPN Classic?? The internet?? Yes, I've actually sat and watched many games from the past, including old Lakers games. I'm a student of the game. You'd be surprised how much basketball I've watched. Stop w that nonsense..

Comparing the pieces those Lakers teams had to that of the Bulls is silly. The Lakers had four big time players: Magic, Kareem, Worthy. You put Rambis up on the poll, but Byron Scott was better than him. One year they had Mc Adoo coming off the bench. They had some dominant squads and overall better teams than the Bulls.
    OK dude, watching a few espn classics and some clips on youtube doesn't qualify as really experiencing the games. So, don't try to compare the 2... It's like when I hear people older than me talk about Julius Erving, Chamberlain, Bill Russell... Yeah, sure I have seen some classic games on TV but nothing like when you hear from the people there talk about an ordinary game that Russell scored just a few points but dominated the paint....
    I saw Magic in the garden!!! I saw those no look passes and his trademark scoop layup in person. Just like I saw Jordan dominate at the Garden... Same with Larry Bird... The problem with guys like you is that you play a video game and think you understand the game... Yeah sure, your team does great on NBA 2k11...
    You guys confuse the most marketable guy in the history of the NBA with guys that were greatest with out the hype. Just remember years ago the game was much more physical... Even before Magic's time!
    Would you put Jordan above Wilt Chamberlain? The guy scored 100 points on his own.... 100.... That is insane! Chamberlain dominated like no other player in the HISTORY OF THE NBA!!! I never saw him play but from what I did see on video, the stats and listening to people that saw him play in person... By far the most dominate person ever... You cling onto Jordan because he is within your era but guys like Elgin Baylor, Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird were all dominate players that changed the game... I never saw George Mikan play but from what I understand he dominated the game...
    But, I speak from what I have seen with my own eyes.... I will say it again; Magic Johnson was the greatest!

Also, apparently you didn't see Horace Grant play because if you did you would know just how great of a player he was, from Chicago and with Orlando.... I love STAT and glad he's on my team but he is not atthe level of a LaBron James, Kevin Durant or Dwayne Wade... Not to mention Karl Malone, James Worthy.... He is great for todays game that the rules have changed over the years to open up scoring... 25/30 years ago... STAT would be driving down the lane and Bill Lambeer would of step out hip checked him into the next century... Just ask Scottie Pippen about Anthony Mason's right hooks!
    Last edited by hometheaterguy; Jan 23, 2011 at 16:51.

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    OK dude, watching a few espn classics and some clips on youtube doesn't qualify as really experiencing the games. So, don't try to compare the 2... It's like when I hear people older than me talk about Julius Erving, Chamberlain, Bill Russell... Yeah, sure I have seen some classic games on TV but nothing like when you hear from the people there talk about an ordinary game that Russell scored just a few points but dominated the paint....
    I saw Magic in the garden!!! I saw those no look passes and his trademark scoop layup in person. Just like I saw Jordan dominate at the Garden... Same with Larry Bird... The problem with guys like you is that you play a video game and think you understand the game... Yeah sure, your team does great on NBA 2k11...
    You guys confuse the most marketable guy in the history of the NBA with guys that were greatest with out the hype. Just remember years ago the game was much more physical... Even before Magic's time!
    Would you put Jordan above Wilt Chamberlain? The guy scored 100 points on his own.... 100.... That is insane! Chamberlain dominated like no other player in the HISTORY OF THE NBA!!! I never saw him play but from what I did see on video, the stats and listening to people that saw him play in person... By far the most dominate person ever... You cling onto Jordan because he is within your era but guys like Elgin Baylor, Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird were all dominate players that changed the game... I never saw George Mikan play but from what I understand he dominated the game...
    But, I speak from what I have seen with my own eyes.... I will say it again; Magic Johnson was the greatest!
    Lolz, just like I said.. You were there, yada-yada smh... Whether you watch the game on youtube, ESPN classic or from the side lines it has no baring on your ability to see the player in action and deduce what they can and can't do. Stop.. Make a real point.

Lol, watch that video I posted w your "own eyes" and tell me what you come away w.. We'll see if you can suddenly become sane.

Lolz, just like I said.. You were there, yada-yada smh... Whether you watch the game on youtube, ESPN classic or from the side lines it has no baring on your ability to see the player in action and deduce what they can and can't do. Stop.. Make a real point.

Lol, watch that video I posted w your "own eyes" and tell me what you come away w.. We'll see if you can suddenly become sane.
    The point of watching from the sidelines or on TV is that you get to see them in ordinary games, not just the post season... When you see them day in and day out you really get to experience and know their games. I saw Ewing from the time he first put on the Knicks Jersey until he was traded and if you just watched a few games on TV and some various clips; you would never understand his game.

Veteran

Originally Posted by la2ny
    Good sh*t bro!
    +1
    I lol'd pretty good reading that, too.

HTG is incredibly off mark here, IMHO. I kinda see what he's saying about Magic; maybe the most unique, rare great player ever? Magic is pretty unreal. But LeBron is really like a Magic-Jordan hybrid. His facilitating comes best as a natural secondary offspring of his Jordan-like aggressiveness to dominate the ball and the game and score. Thats his life line. He's just that good and talented that he can seamlessly pass and see well enough to be a virtual pg, and big enough to be a rebounding machine in the process.

Honestly, the cp3 stuff is most glaring. And in a whole other galaxy from even a Magic vs. Jordan debate.

Cp3 not a good compliment to Melo (or Melo and STAT). A hybrid? Tweener? A score first guard more a true 2. Damn. Just damn.

Every player, coach, analyst, and most every fan will say he is a transcendent pg who defines what a true complete pg who facilitates and makes others better is supposed to do.

His stats say the same thing.

Re: his offense on Hornets. He has had to step it up. His team is a bunch of jibronies and offensive hacks. Top to almost bottom.

And it's bc he is just that good that he score with *extraordinary* efficiency, and get to the line well and shoot ft's superbly, along w a high% 3pt shot.

His passes themselves are as crisp, creative, and consistent as you will see.

All this talk of being there, seeing things, watching tons of games...I get it. I see the potential value. And I wish I had more expertise there; I'm honestly at the other spectrum.

But how can you have all that and do it...But say these things about CP3???

The point of watching from the sidelines or on TV is that you get to see them in ordinary games, not just the post season... When you see them day in and day out you really get to experience and know their games. I saw Ewing from the time he first put on the Knicks Jersey until he was traded and if you just watched a few games on TV and some various clips; you would never understand his game.
    Dude I could learn more in 15 minutes than you could in a season based on what you've already hurled in this thread. You have proved you're asinine @ evaluating players my dude. Shame on you, lol..

Originally Posted by iSaYughh

HTG is incredibly off mark here, IMHO. I kinda see what he's saying about Magic; maybe the most unique, rare great player ever? Magic is pretty unreal. But LeBron is really like a Magic-Jordan hybrid. His facilitating comes best as a natural secondary offspring of his Jordan-like aggressiveness to dominate the ball and the game and score. Thats his life line. He's just that good and talented that he can seamlessly pass and see well enough to be a virtual pg, and big enough to be a rebounding machine in the process.

Honestly, the cp3 stuff is most glaring. And in a whole other galaxy from even a Magic vs. Jordan debate.

Cp3 not a good compliment to Melo (or Melo and STAT). A hybrid? Tweener? A score first guard more a true 2. Damn. Just damn.

Every player, coach, analyst, and most every fan will say he is a transcendent pg who defines what a true complete pg who facilitates and makes others better is supposed to do.

Re: his offense on Hornets. He has had to step it up. His team is a bunch of jibronies and offensive hacks. Top to almost bottom.

And it's bc he is just that good that he score with *extraordinary* efficiency, and get to the line well and shoot ft's superbly, along w a high% 3pt shot.

All this talk of being there, seeing things, watching tons of games...I get it. I see the potential value. And I wish I had more expertise there; I'm honestly at the other spectrum.

I can't believe some of the ish i've read in here..

Just for sh*ts and gigs, here's about 8 min of a young MJ owning the Lakers and Magic in 1988.

Watch the vid and you tell me who looks better..

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d-EPCcRRtLY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

This is a fun vid to watch if your a basketball fan.
    Did you watch the entire clip? Don't think he dominated Magic more like poor Byron Scott, they both seemed to score at will but Magic did more passing than scoring like that bullet to Orlando Woolridge. I also saw that hook shot over Jordan as well (a few times)... It was more like you were seeing the changing of the guard like you saw when Kobe dominated Jordan towards the end of his career... Hell, you can find video of Iverson dominating Jordan....

Originally Posted by iSaYughh

Really, West is a hack???
    Does anyone watch Paul's games regularly either with NBA pass or a cable package? I've watched Paul from when he flanked JR Smith to now and he is a score first guard. But, I did acknowledge in my posts that he is a great distributor of the ball.... I just think that the trio of Melo, STAT and Paul is not going to be as historical as you guys think. It's just my opinion and sadly enough I agree that we won't see it but more like 2 out of the 3 and I would want STAT and Paul.... That's what I have been saying!!
    FYI - I think Rondo is a better point guard! Before you guys tell me how stupid I am and clueless... Paul is a better scorer but as a pure PG... I want Rondo quarterbacking.
    Last edited by hometheaterguy; Jan 23, 2011 at 17:51.

Alright HTG,

Listen to the mindset of a true PG.. Not a scoring guard, or a tweener my dude.

Listen to learn.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/icQFZyTY-qU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

And now the freshness.. Your welcome

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W46yjXUmUHw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

More play making..

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/plUnLD_Kb1U" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jan 23, 2011 at 18:59.

paul is 95% of the time PASS FIRST ..

Did you watch the entire clip? Don't think he dominated Magic more like poor Byron Scott, they both seemed to score at will but Magic did more passing than scoring like that bullet to Orlando Woolridge. I also saw that hook shot over Jordan as well (a few times)... It was more like you were seeing the changing of the guard like you saw when Kobe dominated Jordan towards the end of his career... Hell, you can find video of Iverson dominating Jordan....
    Still not sane i guess.. That was 8 min of ownage. Yea Magic had some nice plays, as he should, but Jordan dominated that Lakers team. You shouldn't come away from that video thinking otherwise, says alot... And pls w that nonsense about Kobe getting the better of Michael later on in his career, maybe when he was on Washington-- way past his prime. But in the late 90's a 35-36 yr old MJ destroyed Kobe routinely. Iverson never dominated Jordan, crossed him over once or twice maybe but that's it.. Common bro.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aK9dFxdQWgc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

lol.

We have officially hit rock bottom with a video of the vasoline eater...

Still not sane i guess.. That was 8 min of ownage. Yea Magic had some nice plays, as he should, but Jordan dominated that Lakers team. You shouldn't come away from that video thinking otherwise, says alot... And pls w that nonsense about Kobe getting the better of Michael later on in his career, maybe when he was on Washington-- way past his prime. But in the late 90's a 35-36 yr old MJ destroyed Kobe routinely. Iverson never dominated Jordan, crossed him over once or twice maybe but that's it.. Common bro.
    Dude, can you think outside of youtube??? One of the searches is - Iverson crosses Jordan... I mean your opinion is based on clips you find...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aK9dFxdQWgc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
    I forgot to write something.... I put this in because you can put highlights in all you want and it really isn't a true reflection of that person or their career.