Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Azubuike Eyes Return

Default Azubuike Eyes Return

AZUBUIKE EYES RETURN

As he iced the long scar on his left knee an hour before tipoff, Knicks guard and former Tulsa Victory Christian standout Kelenna Azubuike insists he is close to playing for the first time since Nov. 14, 2009, after major surgery on his patella tendon.

“It's all about patience, really. I'll be back soon,” said Azubuike, who has been on the Knicks' inactive list all season. “It's been tough mentally. You've just got to stay with it. I feel myself getting better every day, I have people encouraging me. I'm good.”

The undrafted Azubuike joined the league as a free agent out of the NBA Developmental League. He played four seasons at Golden State before being traded to the Knicks last July. He is making $3.364 million and his contract expires after this season.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hope he comes back as good as he was.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

god knows we need em, this dude is perfect for the system we need em back loll.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He'll be a shell of his former self. Sad, but true. T Mac is a good example of how long it takes to get back.

Shame.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    He'll be a shell of his former self. Sad, but true. T Mac is a good example of how long it takes to get back.

Shame.
    where do you get these things from?

Veteran

Doubt he'll ever play with the Knicks. He is part of the trade bait.

You might as well say we traded David Lee for Turiuf...

Originally Posted by Toons
    where do you get these things from?
    History. Good reference that history. It's not a definite, but it's likely. More than 14 months and he still is yet to play a game.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Doubt he'll ever play with the Knicks. He is part of the trade bait.

You might as well say we traded David Lee for Turiuf...
    And a pick if AR is traded. Better than letting him walk as a FA, no?

Yeah, i wasn't a fan of this D Lee trade, especially now that we know these guys. There had to be better available trade then this. DLee plays little Defense, but last night i saw him in the SA/GS game. In the first half he kept them in the game. He finished with like 33pts 11 RPG 5Ass....

Maybe i'm totally wrong...just venting

So we gonna act like Donnie G made the decision to bench Randolph? The least Antoni could do is give ARan some garbage minutes, smh @ his stubborness

And lets not forget, Azubuike might be ready to comeback but does Antoni plan on giving him any minutes?

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    So we gonna act like Donnie G made the decision to bench Randolph? The least Antoni could do is give ARan some garbage minutes, smh @ his stubborness

And lets not forget, Azubuike might be ready to comeback but does Antoni plan on giving him any minutes?

The whole point of the David lee trade, was it was the best trade available for a prospect, a defensive big man, and a shoot guard all with expiring contracts after this season.

The expiring contract idea, to uphold the cap room was one of the smartest moves a GM can ever make.

Donnie took the miss of 2 max salary free agents, turned it into a trade for some prospective players, and a big man; and maintained the overall plan of signing 2 max players going into 2011.

It was notttt trading LEE for TURIAF

it was trading LEE for Carmelo/Chrispaul/D will/ D howard. CAPSPACE.

if you look around the league, yeah we could of gotten better value for LEE, but no one that would be as big as those 4 aforementioend free agents, and none that would have an expiring contract this summer.

thats all there is to that.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3

Was the same situation w Hill. Interestingly, Hill still got traded n Randolph still has teams ready to jump at giving us a 1st.

I think Azzy will def get minutes. D'antoni has zero tolerance for a few things. The biggest is attitude, specifically when he thinks the attitude isn't leading to the crisp, up tempo pace of 'controlled chaos'.

The bull**** is Randolph, and Hill actually, are prototype players D'ant would prize.

Size w excellent speed, athleticism, rebounding/blocking, and talent to shoot ( especially Hill).

I've always assumed D'ant/walsh wanted to lowball, but overprotect Hills value. Just to make sure Jeffries got traded. Walsh wanted the cap potential that bad. Hill was raw enough where showing to much could have been a lethal double edged sword.

Randolph needs a sit down w Mike, imho. Hash **** out. Stat fresh, lay **** on line. And stat giving him situational minutes where we can risk his oft wild/undisciplined/selfish play. His game is to good, n itd to good for us.

Sadly expect another Hill Syndrome victim. Will overprotect current value, keep relatively static, so as to facilitate a bigger picture trade.

I basically have forgotten about Azu. I think D'ant was losing patience with how long the recovery process was taking, doubt he cracks the rotation this year.

Hopefully he can retain his athleticism though, he was fun to watch on the Warriors.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Was the same situation w Hill. Interestingly, Hill still got traded n Randolph still has teams ready to jump at giving us a 1st.

I think Azzy will def get minutes. D'antoni has zero tolerance for a few things. The biggest is attitude, specifically when he thinks the attitude isn't leading to the crisp, up tempo pace of 'controlled chaos'.

The bull**** is Randolph, and Hill actually, are prototype players D'ant would prize.

Size w excellent speed, athleticism, rebounding/blocking, and talent to shoot ( especially Hill).

I've always assumed D'ant/walsh wanted to lowball, but overprotect Hills value. Just to make sure Jeffries got traded. Walsh wanted the cap potential that bad. Hill was raw enough where showing to much could have been a lethal double edged sword.

Randolph needs a sit down w Mike, imho. Hash **** out. Stat fresh, lay **** on line. And stat giving him situational minutes where we can risk his oft wild/undisciplined/selfish play. His game is to good, n itd to good for us.

Sadly expect another Hill Syndrome victim. Will overprotect current value, keep relatively static, so as to facilitate a bigger picture trade.

ok that post could of been made into a few sentences, but I appreciate your poetic approach to the forum.

never the less, Hill sucks dude, Im sorry but realistically for you to sit here and say that Hill was toyed with is ridiculous, if Hill was good he would of played, Just like landry fields who know one expected anything from, starts every game this year, if Hill was what you are saying. Mike D would of kept him in the rotation all year long, the issue was, he just wasnt that good.

Originally Posted by Toons
    AZUBUIKE EYES RETURN

As he iced the long scar on his left knee an hour before tipoff, Knicks guard and former Tulsa Victory Christian standout Kelenna Azubuike insists he is close to playing for the first time since Nov. 14, 2009, after major surgery on his patella tendon.

“It's all about patience, really. I'll be back soon,” said Azubuike, who has been on the Knicks' inactive list all season. “It's been tough mentally. You've just got to stay with it. I feel myself getting better every day, I have people encouraging me. I'm good.”

The undrafted Azubuike joined the league as a free agent out of the NBA Developmental League. He played four seasons at Golden State before being traded to the Knicks last July. He is making $3.364 million and his contract expires after this season.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    about time, this dude's injury is dragging on

I want to see him play but i dont think he will even get playing time or he will get it right away be too rusty and Dantoni won't play him ever again, just like Mozgov, Randolph, Nate, Hughes, Millicic, etc.

AND I really think Azubuike will return just in time for Donnie to trade him.