Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44

Thread: White Chocolate?

  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Don't you guys get tired of doing this??? There's a potential player available for us and the over-the-top comments start up. "J Will is amazing", "great pickup" "pull the trigger now" "very good pg".

    This is not J will from years ago. Just to be clear, I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good backup to Felton but let's stop acting like ORL released a hidden gem or something. We always seem to overhype players just for the excitement.

    J will at this point in his career is just a serviceable backup point guard. He would probably do a much better job running the team than TD but that's it. He's not going to shoot the lights out and he's not a lock down defender.

    This reminds me of the whole Jonathan Bender fiasco. lol

    100% true but j-will atleast is a pure PG

  2. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Don't you guys get tired of doing this??? There's a potential player available for us and the over-the-top comments start up. "J Will is amazing", "great pickup" "pull the trigger now" "very good pg".

    This is not J will from years ago. Just to be clear, I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good backup to Felton but let's stop acting like ORL released a hidden gem or something. We always seem to overhype players just for the excitement.

    J will at this point in his career is just a serviceable backup point guard. He would probably do a much better job running the team than TD but that's it. He's not going to shoot the lights out and he's not a lock down defender.

    This reminds me of the whole Jonathan Bender fiasco. lol

    I agree also, some folks seem to think he is the second coming of Pistol when all I intended when posting this was he is on the decline of his career, he is a natural PG, and he would be a servicable backup to finish the season out with if we can make the proper roster moves to attain him AT THE RIGHT PRICE. Wade will probably try to get him also but who would Miami get rid of? Chalmers was named their starter the other day I thought (or was it Arroyo being named over Chalmers?). They still do have House (who can all of a sudden make his rushed 3 point heave) even though he is more of a 2 in a 1s body.

    I think there are 27 days remaining until the deadline and Donnie has played his hand masterfully so far. I'm excited to see how it plays out and if we can sure up this team for a stretch run.

  3. #18
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    645
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by JazRedGT
    They released him cause hes always hurt and he doesnt wanna play. Hes gonna re-retire.
    Thats BS! How would you like it if you was a forth string PG and not getting to play at all.He is getting old BUT he still can play and he is a NBA Champion!!

  4. #19
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Don't you guys get tired of doing this??? There's a potential player available for us and the over-the-top comments start up. "J Will is amazing", "great pickup" "pull the trigger now" "very good pg".

    This is not J will from years ago. Just to be clear, I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good backup to Felton but let's stop acting like ORL released a hidden gem or something. We always seem to overhype players just for the excitement.

    For weeks most on the forum have agreed we need a solid, experienced backup point guard, and now one just falls into our laps. That is worth getting excited about.

    That's all I'm saying. I'm not expecting it to be all elbow passes and fake behind the back stuff.

    A backup point guard that's actually a point guard, not an undersized shooting guard. That's why I'm "over-the-top"

  5. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yeah. White Chocolate would be a solid 10 minute per game guy who could give Felton a rest because TD isn't really ready to run the point yet...

  6. #21
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,967
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    He's perfect for our team. His injuries would be an issue, but he wouldn't be playing that much, Felton needs this, and Williams keeps a great tempo is a smart pure PG. He's also honest with his team. He'd be another leader. Also knocks down shots efficiently. We wouldn't need to trade Randolph for a back-up. Seriously, Donnie should check the status of his health, and if it's good enough to give Felton significant rest, do it. He'd be great.
    Last edited by RunningJumper; Jan 28, 2011 at 23:24.

  7. #22
    Member JazRedGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    266
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Thats BS! How would you like it if you was a forth string PG and not getting to play at all.He is getting old BUT he still can play and he is a NBA Champion!!
    No its not BS. You also probably think we should sign Earl Barron and Johnathon Bender huh? Shoot while we're at it lets bring in Antoine Walker. He loves to shoot a 3pntr!!

    Please dont come at me like that again. I spoke the truth dont get mad at me because someone ELSE called you out for OVERHYPING a washed up White Chocolate.

    This Jwill is like the Hershey bars you find at the dollar store. The stuff that melted in the package or is expired on the wrapper. LoL He might help a little but hes not gonna lead us to the promised land.

    Hes not Jason Kidd (Age Comparison). Hes not strong like Kidd. He doesnt rebound like Kidd. He NEVER was as accurate or as good a passer as Kidd. Plus he has 2 bad knees.

    Simply put Jwill has not aged gracefully and in the long run all he will be remembered for is his And1 style of play. Also please dont tell me about how HE won a ring. A HIGHLY motivated Shaq and Dwade WON a ring and everyone else was just along for the ride.

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    ...Of course he's not going to lead us to the promised land, duh.

    Anybody who thinks he is is a moron.

    But what IS he going to do? He's going to serve as a backup PG who can make it so that Felton isn't playing 38 minutes a night in EVERY game. That's all we need out of White Chocolate.

  9. #24
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    645
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    ...Of course he's not going to lead us to the promised land, duh.

    Anybody who thinks he is is a moron.

    But what IS he going to do? He's going to serve as a backup PG who can make it so that Felton isn't playing 38 minutes a night in EVERY game. That's all we need out of White Chocolate.
    Exactly Wingzero!!



    JWILL IS A NBA CHAMPION!!

  10. #25
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk1986
    I agree also, some folks seem to think he is the second coming of Pistol when all I intended when posting this was he is on the decline of his career, he is a natural PG, and he would be a servicable backup to finish the season out with if we can make the proper roster moves to attain him AT THE RIGHT PRICE. Wade will probably try to get him also but who would Miami get rid of? Chalmers was named their starter the other day I thought (or was it Arroyo being named over Chalmers?). They still do have House (who can all of a sudden make his rushed 3 point heave) even though he is more of a 2 in a 1s body.

    I think there are 27 days remaining until the deadline and Donnie has played his hand masterfully so far. I'm excited to see how it plays out and if we can sure up this team for a stretch run.
    It's kind of ridiculous that MIA even needs a true PG. Barring injuries they have 2 primary ballhandlers in for 40 minutes of every game. You'd think an Eddie House type sharpshooter would be their best bet at the 1.

  11. #26
    Member JazRedGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    266
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Exactly Wingzero!!



    JWILL IS A NBA CHAMPION!!
    Yep they rode Shaq and Wade to the ring.

  12. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Exactly Wingzero!!



    JWILL IS A NBA CHAMPION!!
    Is that .....
    Wes Person? Tione, ???, J Will.

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    It's kind of ridiculous that MIA even needs a true PG. Barring injuries they have 2 primary ballhandlers in for 40 minutes of every game. You'd think an Eddie House type sharpshooter would be their best bet at the 1.

    It's true, I was having a heated (no pun intended trust me) discussion with a buddy of mine last night over a few brews and we both agreed LeBum is uncoachable and will never reach the heights he should have ascended to. I also think Spolestra is a much better coach then is being displayed and once he gets fired in Miami he will show this. They are too talented and to egotistical to allow him to coach. If LeBum were to realize the type of player he could be they wouldn't need a PG because he would sacrifice some of his scoring to be a distributor solely and score when it comes within the flow of their offense. Thus allowing Wade to drive and play his normal game and Bosh to remain coat-tailing down there off those two. Bum as the PG down there would then make things scary for the league. If you put out Chalmers game in and game out and he gives you that anemic game he played against us, you will remain searching for something you have on your own roster. Surprised Riles hasn't said anything to Bum yet.

  14. #29
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    645
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by JazRedGT
    Yep they rode Shaq and Wade to the ring.

  15. #30
    Member JazRedGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    266
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Weak. You dont even get a HTML Neon sign because thats such a weak post.

    J-Will is not gonna come play for us. Please lets be realistic. Hes not gonna take the Vet Min. to come play for us. He wants to play for a true contender or not at all. My opinion is not at all. Hes washed up!!! Now please someone close this FAIL thread.

Similar Threads

  1. The True Knicks Fans Represent Thread
    By OGKnickfan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2010, 15:53
  2. International Players More Hype than Hope
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2009, 16:33
  3. best playter is white of knick
    By Dirk in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Oct 26, 2008, 09:28
  4. Too many SF!!!!
    By nyk_nyk in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: Jul 24, 2008, 19:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •