Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chandler Doesn't Want to leave NY

Default Chandler Doesn't Want to leave NY

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] forward [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in trade rumors for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], a source tells the New York Daily News.
    And now, the source says, Chandler is switching agents to the fella who represents [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Happy Walters. Chandler ditched his last agent, Chris Luchey, last week, the paper reports.
    "He's really worried that he's going to get traded," the source told the paper. "He doesn't want to leave New York. And he doesn't want to be in Denver."
    Chandler, who is averaging 17.1 points and 6.2 rebounds a game this year, will be a restricted free agent this summer.

I say, if we can get Melo and have to include the "Thrill" in this deal- Pull the trigger even if he is going to hate us forever. This is a business man get with the program

Originally Posted by kylepicklehead

By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] forward [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in trade rumors for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], a source tells the New York Daily News.
    And now, the source says, Chandler is switching agents to the fella who represents [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Happy Walters. Chandler ditched his last agent, Chris Luchey, last week, the paper reports.
    "He's really worried that he's going to get traded," the source told the paper. "He doesn't want to leave New York. And he doesn't want to be in Denver."
    Chandler, who is averaging 17.1 points and 6.2 rebounds a game this year, will be a restricted free agent this summer.

I say, if we can get Melo and have to include the "Thrill" in this deal- Pull the trigger even if he is going to hate us forever. This is a business man get with the program
    Chandler was bred and raised as a Knick. You really have to wonder will giving up these many assets for one player make us better or worst?

Veteran

Then he should give 100% all the time on both ends of the court...

Superstar

What I don't get about Chandler is that he seems to be able to drive into the paint with such ease. He's athletic, explosive, and relatively powerful. Yet there are games where he just decides to set camp outside the arc and proceeds with building a new stadium by throwing brick after brick. He's not a tragically bad shooter, but I feel he should mostly leave the long range shooting to more suitable players. (Mainly Williams, Walker, and Gallinari)

Veteran

Thing is Chandler's also really improved at that, he used to be MUCH worse when it came to camping out on the outside...although it helps that his shooting has improved much from last year as well

Veteran

This actually could hurt us. Den probably already does not wanna pay him, and now he crying abt goin?

Shut up n play ball son

Chandler is a good player, and I want to keep him in NY. Donnie walsh has said he wants to sign him long term. I think he is a great role player and would thrive in a system with STAT, Felton and Melo.

If there is a way to keep him Donnie will find it. I know it's a business, but Chandler is a gem that has been flying under the radar. If he was more consistent there would be many more calling for him to stay. If he put up 25 points and 8 rebounds + a blk each game we'd half to keep him. We know he's capable of it, but he has to continue to show that level of DESIRE for the rest of his floor time.

Veteran

Originally Posted by p0nder
    Chandler is a good player, and I want to keep him in NY. Donnie walsh has said he wants to sign him long term. I think he is a great role player and would thrive in a system with STAT, Felton and Melo.

If there is a way to keep him Donnie will find it. I know it's a business, but Chandler is a gem that has been flying under the radar. If he was more consistent there would be many more calling for him to stay. If he put up 25 points and 8 rebounds + a blk each game we'd half to keep him. We know he's capable of it, but he has to continue to show that level of DESIRE for the rest of his floor time.

His consistency does not seem to have anything to do with his athletic ability.
    It has to do with his effort.
    There is no way he deserves the 10 million he will ask for.
    If he played his heart out 100% of the time maybe.

** This is his contract year. I think what you get Chandler today is what you will get over the next 4 years. No better and no worse.***

Originally Posted by skisloper

** This is his contract year. I think what you get Chandler today is what you will get over the next 4 years. No better and no worse.***
    I want to see this effort every time he steps on the floor- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Originally Posted by kylepicklehead
    I want to see this effort every time he steps on the floor- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thats what drives me crazy.....a move like that and then puff he is gone

That's exactly what i'm saying. If he came out with the fire and intensity and heart then he could put up the 20+ pts for us. but there are games where he will come out and be lucky to get 8 points! WHY?? he has talent and athletic ability, he just needs to find a way to channel his desire to win on the floor. If he can shut down LBJ and put up a decent line tonight i suspect he'll be with us past the trade deadline.

Veteran

Don't know how he stays a Knick, if Denver does make a trade with us he's in the package. If Melo signs with us in the off-season we're not picking up his option. His contract is his undoing, we can't afford Melo and keep him.

Hey, it's a business and Denver is not a bad place to live. The Rocky Mountains are beautiful Wil.

I don't want Wilson gone either

Then he should give 100% all the time on both ends of the court...

+1

I knew it!!! He's been sucking on purpose lately. I had courtside seats for the game in San Antonio last week and he looked like he was pissed at the world. He wasn't hustling at all and it looked like he wasn't even trying to drive or make his shots and he hasn't even tried to play defense either.

I've been blaming a lot of our recent losses on him and now this report just kind of verifies what I've been thinking. I hope we get rid of him, there's nothing worse than a player that acts like a baby and throws games because he might get traded. That's pretty low.