Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chandler Doesn't Want to leave NY

I don't think its all that. I think he's playing hurt and he's afraid to give the extra effort cause he's afraid he'll blow out his knee or something....just a guess...

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I knew it!!! He's been sucking on purpose lately. I had courtside seats for the game in San Antonio last week and he looked like he was pissed at the world. He wasn't hustling at all and it looked like he wasn't even trying to drive or make his shots and he hasn't even tried to play defense either.

I've been blaming a lot of our recent losses on him and now this report just kind of verifies what I've been thinking. I hope we get rid of him, there's nothing worse than a player that acts like a baby and throws games because he might get traded. That's pretty low.
    This makes no sense.

Originally Posted by kylepicklehead
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] forward [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in trade rumors for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], a source tells the New York Daily News.
    And now, the source says, Chandler is switching agents to the fella who represents [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Happy Walters. Chandler ditched his last agent, Chris Luchey, last week, the paper reports.
    "He's really worried that he's going to get traded," the source told the paper. "He doesn't want to leave New York. And he doesn't want to be in Denver."
    Chandler, who is averaging 17.1 points and 6.2 rebounds a game this year, will be a restricted free agent this summer.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I say, if we can get Melo and have to include the "Thrill" in this deal- Pull the trigger even if he is going to hate us forever. This is a business man get with the program
    We have to not give a crap what Chandler wants

We know since he got Happy Walters as an agent, he is going to want big money

The reprts were that Chandlers new agent was seeking a deal in the 50 million dollar range, and my guess is about 7-10 mil per year which is way too high for Wilson.

Wilson is a very young player on the rise and helps in every way, but only a sucker team would go for a deal like that

Wilson will be traded and he has to deal with it.

Veteran

Believe me when I say, "Chandler is a keeper for the next 2 to 4 seasons",
    the performance the Knicks gave in their first 41 games this season prove
    the Knicks is desperate for a defensive tall-ball headcoach for the outstanding
    performance from Felton/ Douglas/ Fields/ Chandler/ Amare/and Turiaf.
    These 6-players already "earned" a second-season together as part of a
    12-man roster next season under a different headcoach

All the peeps wanting Melo in New York, are the same ole Gallo-Fans whom
    found out Gallo is not going to become a super-star Dirk, or a star point-
    foward Odom. So rather than give the Knicks future starting SF spot to
    Wilson Chandler they feel its better to give Carmelo a max contract worth
    a $100M to be the Knicks future SF.
    Imagine a NO-DEFENSE tandem Amare & Carmelo in a postseason series
    trying to defend the paint in the 4th quarter of each game.
    Melo would go nice with Amare under an experience defensive bigman headcoach
    Tom Thibodeau or coach JVG. The average NBA headcoach could
    not get Amare & Melo pass the first round playoffs.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    This makes no sense.
    What makes no sense? Has he not been playing terrible lately?

I saw him live in front-row seats and he looked totally out of it. It was obvious he wasn't his usual self and the reason was obvious. Sorry you don't feel the same way. It's obvious he's trying to hurt his trade value because he doesn't want to leave the Knicks or NYC. Believe what you want.

All of you are focusing on losing Chandler (a guy who's coming off the bench for us, at that) yet you fail to focus on the addition of Carmelo Anthony (if, of course, Chandler leaves)

Veteran

Again, we should get Chandler back if we can do it at the right price and if it means we don't have to sacrifice anything.

Look, I like Wilson Chandler, but Carmelo Anthony is a future Hall of Famer and a franchise player. Chandler isn't that good...let's be honest now. I like him and I'd love to keep him but I'm not losing any sleep if Chandler signs with someone else and Carmelo is tearing it up at MSG.

Also for what it's worth Chandler leaving would be the final death knell of the Isiah era, which...I dunno, just seems exciting in and of itself

No offense against Will the Thrill, but I think we looked excellent without him in the team and more size in Randolph and Mozgov.

Chandler shouldn't play at PF to be honest. Unfortunately our head coach thinks otherwise. I can understand his point, but I think the negative effects of a small frontcourt outweigh the positives.

Mozgov
    STAT
    Gallo

or

Turiaf
    STAT
    Gallo

should be our starting lineup from now on imo with Chandler coming off the bench to play the 3 spot.

Also Shawne Williams guarding centers is a terrible idea.

Will the Thrill has grown on me over these past few years. Like the improvements he has made this season. Would like to see him, Gallo, Fields AND Melo in a Knicks uniform next year; I know that may be wishful thinking on my part though lol.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    What makes no sense? Has he not been playing terrible lately?

I saw him live in front-row seats and he looked totally out of it. It was obvious he wasn't his usual self and the reason was obvious. Sorry you don't feel the same way. It's obvious he's trying to hurt his trade value because he doesn't want to leave the Knicks or NYC. Believe what you want.
    Chandler is just Hot/Cold always. That is just how he is, some nights he's on fire/reigning three's and throwing down jams and others he's off his game- shooting bricks.

I don't think you could tell how Will is feeling anyway when he's got that look on his face 24/7- Ha!

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Then he should give 100% all the time on both ends of the court...

+100

if these trade rumors are getting to his head, i'm starting to question his mental toughness and attitude. and if i was walsh, i'd think twice about giving him that fat contract he's going to expect when he becomes a free agent. the last thing the knicks need is 50 million dollar head-case.

maybe they took away his weed