Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Miami @ New York 1/27/11

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Gallo seems to save his best for the big competition..
    i wouldn't go that far lol. i'd say save his best for the right time 2 give you a heart attack

No Bosh. But a win is a win. And this one was huge for us. Thanks Guys for playing your hearts out

Havent been on in awhile....

but I came back to say THAT WAS AWESOME.

I don't care if bosh wasn't there, we beat Wade and James. and we were unable to beat the Cavs last year or Miami the last 2 times we faced them.

This is sweet.

Gallo and Fields big time plays. I don't want to gut this team for Melo. Let's see where we go from here with the team at hand (we could add a big or a backup point of course)

Great win.

Same as the Suns game a couple of games ago, in the 4th quarter I wanted the ball to get to Gallo, and he did hit a shot. This time, he got it several times and delivered huge and we won.

Shawne Williams and Fields were great. Amar'e kicked us off.

On another streak!

Veteran

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Havent been on in awhile....

but I came back to say THAT WAS AWESOME.

I don't care if bosh wasn't there, we beat Wade and James. and we were unable to beat the Cavs last year or Miami the last 2 times we faced them.

This is sweet.

Gallo and Fields big time plays. I don't want to gut this team for Melo. Let's see where we go from here with the team at hand (we could add a big or a backup point of course)
    No disrespect, but seriously we ain't goin nowhere without another scorer. We lose by 20 if Bosh plays. Do what we must to get him. As long as we have Ray, our system will run. But adding Melo just is too much for defenses to deal wit. See what the Heat can do by resting one star, while one stays? We are dreadful when Stat sits. But add Melo and that changes.

Even without a back up pg, we're still fine, cuz melo is an iso player, so Douglas lack of crt vision does not hurt us.

We need Melo.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    No disrespect, but seriously we ain't goin nowhere without another scorer. We lose by 20 if Bosh plays. Do what we must to get him. As long as we have Ray, our system will run. But adding Melo just is too much for defenses to deal wit. See what the Heat can do by resting one star, while one stays? We are dreadful when Stat sits. But add Melo and that changes.

Even without a back up pg, we're still fine, cuz melo is an iso player, so Douglas lack of crt vision does not hurt us.

We need Melo.
    throw in the fact we could trade for telfair or tj ford or even sign jason"white chocolate"williams to be backup pg

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe

We need Melo.
    No, I absolutely get it. What I mean is I rather wait till free agency to get him. I don't want to gut the team chemistry we got going on. Fields is a gem. I think it would be easier to incorporate Melo by keeping all these guys instead of trading Gallo/Fields/Chandler/Whoever away.

Lets all just admit the problem is laundry and not Gallo or Will. Will is as good as gone because someones gonna throw money at him and were going to try 2 better the team and if he costs to much he's out. Gallo is going to stay so idont have 2 break him down. Landry though, no one wants to let go. I totally understand why, especially after a game like tonight. I still feel in the long run I can't allow him to prevent a potential deal for him because I feel i can find another hard working role player that isn't going to do exactly what Landry does, but knows what role to play and can still contribute.

Lurker

Happy to see this win,
    rare in previous season

go knicks

Veteran

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    No, I absolutely get it. What I mean is I rather wait till free agency to get him. I don't want to gut the team chemistry we got going on. Fields is a gem. I think it would be easier to incorporate Melo by keeping all these guys instead of trading Gallo/Fields/Chandler/Whoever away.
    I doubt it comes down to that. None of us wanna see Fields go. But we'll struggle a lot less, with Melo, even with Fields gone. Williams can man the 2, and maybe we can even steal a Mayo type, wit this steriod issue. Realistically, we're losing fIelds n Chandler. It's worth it. Anyone else goin would be fillers, who don't play much anyways.

knicks rule... didn't play great but got the w... we'll get melo maybe not this year but we will get him and we are not going to give up fields.. no way... he is probably the second fav knick at the garden right now... no way they trade him the fans would go nuts... i don't give a **** whats written here... i know the garden and fields is a huge fan fav right now and its been awhile since we have had a drafted dude to call our own... he ain't going no where.

Veteran

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Looks like I was on to something...

A big win. MIA had a much higher fg% than us, too.

I'd hate to see Field's go, especially if we get Melo. I still think itl just be Chandler, AR, and a 1st we procure, maybe a final piece or two like Walker. Even Moz I could see as a logical throw in.

That alone makes us an elite team on the rise; whatever other big man upgrade we receive in the off season could put us on par w any team.

Anyone else hoping we make a powermove for a pg in the draft? Idk, i've been thinking if when Felton is up for new deal, if we had a pg tandem of like...Rubio (or some creative pure passing guard) alongside a more hybrid pg who can really stretch the floor and score (jimmy fredette?), we'd be sitting real tight. And save more money, too, to make other refinements.

I do like Raymondo, and he clearly isn't our worst player, and is a good player. But for us...and especially going forward as a playoff team n franchise:

I see him as our weakest and most dubious link.

Veteran

What a game.

In my mind what makes Gallo a good player is he has the instinct in the 4th quarter to get it done. He just makes big shots and gets big plays...

Chandler does too such as that block last year that saved the game against the Hawks, but it seems as if Gallo's shooting ability is going to serve the Knicks well. Certainly they wouldn't have won this game without him.

But all that said, we have to be smart. Let's be honest, the odds of LeBron James going 7-24 is very unlikely. If LeBron had a better shooting night (and he's going to have an off night once in a while, but it's rare) then we don't win this game. If the two squads (missing the players they were missing tonight) played each other 10 times the heat would win 8 out of 10 because the odds of LeBron having such a bad shooting night are low.

We lucked out, and it was a great win, not because we beat the Heat, but rather because we did it by playing good defense and getting stops and making crucial baskets.
    Last edited by SSj4Wingzero; Jan 28, 2011 at 00:49.

Big time Knicks win on primetime. Wow. Loved every minute of that 4th quarter.

Veteran

Hope people realize we are better off with Gallo then Chandler to be a contender...

Neither is an outright superstar ...But a guy like Gallo can step up when he needs to....he gets it...

Chandler who does have talent does not get it,,,,he lacks intensity....

I say start Williams and put Chandler on the bench.....Tell williams he is starting the next 5 games so he relaxes...

Last night Williams drove to the hoop, rebounded and kept the knicks alive...
    Offensive rebounds!!!

Trade Walker, Randolph and Chandler.