Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Need Melo BAD. Big Time players make bigtime plays

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    This thread title should be followed by - ................... for now.

We all know that Walsh isn't going to gut the team for Mello, but still wants Mello on the Knicks (as well as Coach D) The one way I see everyone being happy in a trade would have to be

NY Gets - Mello + Bad Contract (Billups,Al Harrington)

Denver Gets - Curry,Azabuke(salary dumps) Anthony Randolph (young talent) and maybe throw Turiaf into the deal... and of course find a way to send them a few draft picks ( 1 first rounder and a couple of 2nd rounders)
    Good things come to those ....

who wait.

In the past the Knicks would have mortgaged their entire future to get Melo and keep Amar'e and put nothing around them.

I would love to see Melo here but if it means getting rid of Fields and Galo as well as Rudolph and our great contract just to get him early ... no dice.

We are playing this exactly the right way and if Melo doesn't end up here then that's a shame but the bigger picture is the precedent we have laid down. You either accept the early low ball offers or you take your chance when the player turns on you and risk him walking.

Great stuff.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    This thread title should be followed by - ................... for now.

We all know that Walsh isn't going to gut the team for Mello, but still wants Mello on the Knicks (as well as Coach D) The one way I see everyone being happy in a trade would have to be

NY Gets - Mello + Bad Contract (Billups,Al Harrington)

Denver Gets - Curry,Azabuke(salary dumps) Anthony Randolph (young talent) and maybe throw Turiaf into the deal... and of course find a way to send them a few draft picks ( 1 first rounder and a couple of 2nd rounders)
    bad contract...thats what gonna blow up any melo deal....denver wants their trade partner to take back a bad contract or two...

in our case.. it would cause us to lose out on the 2012 FA

STAT 20 mil
    Melo 20 mil
    Tmo 3 mil
    Harrington 7 mil .. who they will wants us to take

thats already 50 mil and we would have no PG

Gallo would be gone at this point... if not we have a qaul offer to him...

and so would chandler, got to pay fields and TD (team option)

we can not take harringtons contract back

maybe balckmans 1.7 but thats it..even if

how do we keep gallo and get D will...cp3 or d wight

we cant..we have to renouce gallo's rights

Default Misleading Thread Title

This thread is very misleading. Please go and re-read the article. The writer only posed a question and therefore its not a fact. Talks have most likely been light at the moment but that means very little.

Walsh saying he doesn't want to give up the whole team for one player just means that he's not willing to give up too much. He'd certainly still trade for Melo.

Default Carmelo Anthony Trade Tips

I saw this video on youtube i thought you guys might whant to check it out.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I been saying since the rumors started, we play well against middle road teams, but god teams we play scared.

Melo would have scored 40 tonight with the shots they gave chandler. At this point, he has to be traded. Gallo while lacking athleticism, does play solid d, and plays with heart. Keep him, get Melo at all cost besides Ray n Gallo.
    Chandler is destroying his trade value. It's seems like as soon as he heard he was on the trade block for Carmelo, he shut himself and his game down. I honestly think he's playing bad so Denver doesn't want him... Would you be surprised? I wouldn't...Moving sucks...Especially to Denver when you're used to NYC.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I saw this video on youtube i thought you guys might whant to check it out.
    I've been saying the same thing forever. We need to get defense in return if we have to send Fields to Denver... He is the only starter who play's consistent D and crashes the boards. We're going to need someone to replace him if we unfortunately have to send him off. I hate to lose Fields but he isn't going to be a talent like Carmelo is so if we have to send him off, we have to. It's for the better good of the team.

And...for all of you Knicks fans who are saying we should wait to sign Carmelo...Here's 6 reasons why I think we should sign him now.

1. Things change and people change. Who knows if Carmelo will still want to come here 9 months from now. If he gets traded to a place as a rental and they play well and go to the finals, he might not want to leave there. Moving sucks...Nobody wants to move twice in a year.

2. Upcoming lockout...enough said.

3. Uncertainty with rules next season. Who's to say there's not going to be a new rule in place that gives Denver the ability to keep him another year...(just like the NFL's franchise tag)

4. What if our team unfortunately starts to really decline and we play terrible after the break? Carmelo made the decision to come play here when we were playing well. If we keep going on these losing streaks, it makes NY look that much more unattractive.

5. Women- I'm guessing 75% of his decision is his wife's. His wife wants to live in NYC now. Women change their mind almost daily as most married people here will tell you. They think they know what they want and then the next day change their mind. If you have the chance to get a once in a decade type player, you get it at all costs. No need to get greedy and try to get the pie and eat it too.

6. We're going to have to dump some players and salary anyways if we're going to try to get some role-players and possibly a third all-star anyways. The core of the team is what's important, the others can be replaced.

Well there you go...If someone here still thinks we should wait after reading that I would like to hear your reasoning because I just don't get it.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    except for STAT & Fields the Knicks are playing scarred. Missing wide open shots that MELO would feast on. Trade whatever we have to except Fields to get Melo. Felton included...
    I agree, "timely hoops" as clyde says are the most important part of winning basketball games.

Fields hits huge shots and Amare hits big shots

Felton has had his moments but has failed at times showing me he is the 3rd or 4th option in crunch time.

Gallo can take a shot if he is open but we need Melo

Every team just focuses on Amare and if we had Melo than we'd have a 50% chance of winning close games since teams have to choose who to double team.

Look guys if Donnie can pull off a trade and keep Fields here, our team will be very good, especially in crucn time

Best lineup if we traded for Melo

Felton
    Fields
    Melo
    Amare
    Turiaf

everyone is clutch in their own way