Miami's Record in close games is NOT GOOD

miked1958

Rotation player
The Miami Heat. The team that has been shrined 2010 NBA Champions prior to the season even starting. The team that LeBron said will win at least 7 Titles (LOL) STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN when GAMES on on the LINE>

The Heats Record in games decided by 5 points or less this season is a WHOPPING 1-8. That puts them in the good company of 7-8 really bad teams like the kings, timberwolves, nets, pacers, cavs, ECT. They are at the bottom of the NBA in this stat. And most of these games included all of the big 3. (of couse they didnt have bosh last night)

They have no trouble when playing in a game they are controlling in blowout fashion up ten or more. but keep em close and you can BEATEM

The experts are now saying that this could be a real problem for them come playoff time against the elite teams.

Athough we are not one of those so called ELITE Teams yet, I was hoping we just make the playoffs and get them in a 7game series. If we can keep those games close we have a real shot at beating them.

elcol

Rotation player
the problem is that they have too many closers if you're counting bosh thats 3 closers and they don't know which guy to get it to. if they give to wade lebron is going to be standing their out of sync and vice versa, these guys are so used to the ball in their hands that they now don't know how to handle close games.

miked1958

Rotation player
So its something that they may be able to overcome with time. But as of right now they have just not played well down the stretch when games are close in the final minutes. Their record speaks for itself. I think the 1 time they did win in their current 1-8 span in those types of games came on a long heave by Lebron from around halfcourt at the buzzer to win that game. We showed we can also hang with the Celtics. Dont see us winning a 7game series against those type teams yet the way our roster currently stands, but i think we at least get a win or 2. That would be major PROGRESS over what we have been used to the past 10 or so seasons. Then in the offseason, who knows, we somehow land Melo to add to what we already have and POW. you have a team that can compete with anyone