Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Have You Seen Fields????

  1. #1
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Have You Seen Fields????

    In his last five games these were his scoring totals in this order: 8pts, 9pts, 11pt, 9pts, and tonight a whopping 2pts. Ok so you say he wasn't much of a scorer anyway, he did the dirty work, rebounding is his strength. Well hereare is rebounding numbers in those same 5 games in this order: 5rbs, 8rbs, 9rbs, 6rbs, and tonight, a whopping 3rbs. Maybe it's him hitting that proverbial rookie wall, maybe he's come down to earth and is not the talent that we thought he was becoming, or maybe it's coaching. Who knows, but right now he's not helping this team

    There have been some of you that state "don't break up the team, let's see what we can do". Ithink half a season is more than enough time to "see what we have". We apparently don't have enough even against bad teams. My opinion is that it's the coaching along with the trade rumors, but if it is the trade rumors, then he has to learn to be a professional and shake that off and stay focuse, because if not he's gonna start to make the other 29 GM's look smart for passing on him.

  2. #2
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    He's just a normal smart role player. cats on this board have a tendency 2 overrate players and Landry was one of the main ones because he was a 2nd round pick. If we took him in the 1st round would we be talking about him as much? Im not even tripping about him not being a big factor in these games, he's not Kobe so Idk what you expect from him he had normal role player numbers.

  3. #3
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    He looks to me as a role player as well. Our team doesn't have all the pieces yet, so he's starting. I give the kid credit though. Many don't know much about this kid. Draft day, this kid didn't even attend. He was sitting home in his bedroom watching all these guys get picked. When they called his name in the second round, he jumped up and down on his bed. He couldn't believe he got picked in the 2nd round.

    I think i would either package him and Gallo in a trade for Melo, or if he stays, thats cool too. Give him a break though. He is a Rookie

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    In his last five games these were his scoring totals in this order: 8pts, 9pts, 11pt, 9pts, and tonight a whopping 2pts. Ok so you say he wasn't much of a scorer anyway, he did the dirty work, rebounding is his strength. Well hereare is rebounding numbers in those same 5 games in this order: 5rbs, 8rbs, 9rbs, 6rbs, and tonight, a whopping 3rbs. Maybe it's him hitting that proverbial rookie wall, maybe he's come down to earth and is not the talent that we thought he was becoming, or maybe it's coaching. Who knows, but right now he's not helping this team

    There have been some of you that state "don't break up the team, let's see what we can do". Ithink half a season is more than enough time to "see what we have". We apparently don't have enough even against bad teams. My opinion is that it's the coaching along with the trade rumors, but if it is the trade rumors, then he has to learn to be a professional and shake that off and stay focuse, because if not he's gonna start to make the other 29 GM's look smart for passing on him.
    Here's the thing:

    For a guard, 8 rebounds is really good. Hell, for a guard, 5 rebounds is really good.

    So...I don't see what you're getting at.

  5. #5
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Here's the thing:

    For a guard, 8 rebounds is really good. Hell, for a guard, 5 rebounds is really good.

    So...I don't see what you're getting at.

    I think what he's getting at is Fields is supposed to be our starting shooting guard. 2 pts isn't going to get it done. Most would rather see him get 3 rebounds a game and put up 15pts a game. Again, he's a rookie, so i'll give him slack. Maybe next year he'll be a 13 ppg 7 RPG guy (though he may doing that on Denver)

  6. #6
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Apart from rebounds, wouldn't Azubuike provide a lot of what Fields does?

    Not saying I want Fields to go at all, there's a list of players I'd happily see traded before Fields, but just wondering.. Mind you I haven't actually seen Azi play, just reading his career statline.

  7. #7
    Newbie Will the Thrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    How is he going to score if he has no plays made for him. He's a smart player who lets the game come to him. He's just there for extra rebounds, knocking down threes, and occasional putbacks. He can start working on his game if we hold onto him during this summer.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    fields will get into rhythm

  9. #9
    Member JazRedGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    267
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    LMAO @ this thread. You act like the Knicks are running SET plays for this young man. You act like hes going 5-20 from the field!! He gets maybe 4 or 5 shots a game if hes lucky.

    The thread you should have made was about Felton's slump. 5 - 19 is not gonna win us any games. I hope he doesnt hit a, dare I even say it, Duhon like slump.

  10. #10
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    He's just a normal smart role player. cats on this board have a tendency 2 overrate players and Landry was one of the main ones because he was a 2nd round pick. If we took him in the 1st round would we be talking about him as much? Im not even tripping about him not being a big factor in these games, he's not Kobe so Idk what you expect from him he had normal role player numbers.
    It's not just people on these boards that blow Fields up. Clyde last night called him our best all around player.

    No frigging way, not yet..

  11. #11
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Fields played excellent defense on Manu last night. Jackson-VanG mentioned that fact. Manu was 5-18 (0-5 from downtown). Fields did his job. He held Manu to 16 points on 18 shots.

    MD asks his SG to do 2 things (shoot the 3 and play defense). The PG and spacing are responsible for the scoring. Think R-Bell.

    This was why Walsh grabbed Azu.

    I think Fields is fine. He wont score 15 ppg on most nights. Of course he's going to hit the rookie wall. Still, think of any player taken in last year's draft (including Wall), and tell me who is having a better season?

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I mean Fields isn't scoring much but frankly he also doesn't take many shots and he also makes in most of the ones he takes.

    A FG% of over 50 for a guard is really good, and Fields has made it clear that he puts the ball in the basket when he has a chance to. He doesn't force shots, which is a good thing for a guy on a team with Amar'e Stoudemire.

  13. #13
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    In his last five games these were his scoring totals in this order: 8pts, 9pts, 11pt, 9pts, and tonight a whopping 2pts. Ok so you say he wasn't much of a scorer anyway, he did the dirty work, rebounding is his strength. Well hereare is rebounding numbers in those same 5 games in this order: 5rbs, 8rbs, 9rbs, 6rbs, and tonight, a whopping 3rbs. Maybe it's him hitting that proverbial rookie wall, maybe he's come down to earth and is not the talent that we thought he was becoming, or maybe it's coaching. Who knows, but right now he's not helping this team

    There have been some of you that state "don't break up the team, let's see what we can do". Ithink half a season is more than enough time to "see what we have". We apparently don't have enough even against bad teams. My opinion is that it's the coaching along with the trade rumors, but if it is the trade rumors, then he has to learn to be a professional and shake that off and stay focuse, because if not he's gonna start to make the other 29 GM's look smart for passing on him.
    Fire Dantoni!

    STAT is a Fraud!
    Felton is Overpaid!
    Fields is a Bum!

    You are a fair-weather fan with a history of hitting the panic button, please stop embarassing yourself, its not funny anymore its just freaking sad.


    The Knicks are playing like crap because, they are injured, adapting to a new system (Felton and Fields look tired) and have non stop trade rumors on their minds. Wilson, Gallo, Fields can't be thrilled about a possible move to Denver, Felton is exhausted and Amar'e is taking a beating in the paint every night.

    This 6 game losing streak is not pretty, but there is no reason to panic right now. By February we should have a better idea of what this team will look like after this Melo-Drama.

  14. #14
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    In his last five games these were his scoring totals in this order: 8pts, 9pts, 11pt, 9pts, and tonight a whopping 2pts. Ok so you say he wasn't much of a scorer anyway, he did the dirty work, rebounding is his strength. Well hereare is rebounding numbers in those same 5 games in this order: 5rbs, 8rbs, 9rbs, 6rbs, and tonight, a whopping 3rbs. Maybe it's him hitting that proverbial rookie wall, maybe he's come down to earth and is not the talent that we thought he was becoming, or maybe it's coaching. Who knows, but right now he's not helping this team

    There have been some of you that state "don't break up the team, let's see what we can do". Ithink half a season is more than enough time to "see what we have". We apparently don't have enough even against bad teams. My opinion is that it's the coaching along with the trade rumors, but if it is the trade rumors, then he has to learn to be a professional and shake that off and stay focuse, because if not he's gonna start to make the other 29 GM's look smart for passing on him.
    Landry brings everything to the table, he is not over rated. If anything he is still under rated since Denver likes him but not enough to make a deal with Wilson, Curry, and a pick involved.

    Fields is a rookie who impressed from day one and is s superb rebounder for a 2 guard. He is not a sharp shooter but he does hit big shots which is something some guys never have.

    Let's put it this way: Fields has hit so many timly hoops that I can give him the ball in any situation and feel comfortable where if Gallo or Chandler had the ball, I have to hold my breath because they have made the dumbest decisions in big game spots.

    Fields is great and we should do everything to keep him on the team.

  15. #15
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    Fire Dantoni!

    STAT is a Fraud!
    Felton is Overpaid!
    Fields is a Bum!

    You are a fair-weather fan with a history of hitting the panic button, please stop embarassing yourself, its not funny anymore its just freaking sad.


    The Knicks are playing like crap because, they are injured, adapting to a new system (Felton and Fields look tired) and have non stop trade rumors on their minds. Wilson, Gallo, Fields can't be thrilled about a possible move to Denver, Felton is exhausted and Amar'e is taking a beating in the paint every night.

    This 6 game losing streak is not pretty, but there is no reason to panic right now. By February we should have a better idea of what this team will look like after this Melo-Drama.
    LOL U STILL TAKING SHOTS DIDN'T I SON U ALREADY

    U POST NONSENSE WHEN DID I CALL FIELDS A BUM I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF EVERYONE ELSE NOTICES HE HASN'T BEEN PLAYING WITH THAT INTENSITY.

    I'M STILL SWAGGED UP

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks @ Houston Wed Jan 19
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2011, 15:15
  2. Fields Named EC Rookie Of The Month
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Dec 05, 2010, 01:18
  3. Fields ranked number 5 rookie so far
    By phantom9000 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Nov 08, 2010, 16:18
  4. Fields A Lock In At 2.
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2010, 18:14
  5. Rautins Signed - Fields Not.
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Aug 21, 2010, 23:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •