Official Trade Deadline (improve Nyk) Thread

mafra

Legend
OK. it's practically Feb. so why not start a thread where we can post all the trade rumors/scenarios that arise from now until the TD passes.

These can be rumors we hear or, or read about, or these can be scenarios we imagine or envision.

Obviously, this will be a Melo-centric thread. So, let's post all Carmelo-related intel here as well. This way we wont have to post the same thing in different thread, or keep regurgitating the same logic/reasoning over-&-over again for each individual-particular piece/tidbit of news.

I'll start it off... Saw this on theknicksblog.com, via ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110128-30/stein-all-star-reserves

"The Kings, sources say, are open to moving big man Samuel Dalembert during the next 27 days before the deadline, but they remain unwilling to take back anything other than expiring contracts to preserve maximum flexibility on the other side of a new collective bargaining agreement ... unless someone wants to donate a star. With Dalembert possessing an expiring contract valued at $13.4 million, it's not easy to find a match that keeps the Kings in the same cap position as they are now. As previously stated in this cyberspace, Sacramento's willingness to part with coveted swingman Omri Casspi is contingent largely on the other team's willingness to take back one of the Kings' two longer-term contracts (Beno Udrih or Francisco Garcia) as part of the exchange.

Although the volume on the Carmelo Anthony trade talks has been dialed way down since New Jersey's Mikhail Prokhorov announced last week that the Nets were pulling out of the Melo Sweepstakes, I continue to hear that (A) Denver does not want to wait until the week of the Feb. 24 deadline to make a deal to avoid having to scramble at the last minute if nothing can be worked out with Melo's first-choice team in New York, and (B) Nuggets officials don't see Anthony's repeated statements of concern about failing to sign an extension before this summer's anticipated lockout as a sign of hope that they can still convince him to stay. Sources say that the Nuggets know that an about-face from Melo on signing the extension, after months of balking since it was presented last June before the 2010 NBA draft, would be purely about money and likely stick them with an unhappy franchise player who still wanted out. As much as the Nuggets would love to believe that Melo might look at his remaining options in these final three-plus weeks before the deadline and suddenly declare that Denver actually is the best place for him to be, they certainly don't expect that to happen after months of Melo refusing to see it that way."

I-N-T-E-R-E-S-T-I-N-G how they combine the SAC rumor with the 'Melo update. Makes you wonder if a possibly 3-way deal might be in the works.

You can get creative and find ways (I did a few successful deals on ESPN trade machine)... where the Knicks get Carmelo Anthony, Beno Udrih and a center (Jason Thompson or Samuel Dalembert).

SAC gets Wilson Chandler. They get cap relief (dump Beno's salary).

DEN gets draft picks. They get Casspi, Walker, Randolph, Dalembert or Thompson and draft picks.

Knicks would keep Fields-Gallo-Williams and maybe even Douglas. Some scenarios have us keeping Turiaf or Mozgov.

Felton
Fields
Anthony
Amar'e
Dalembert

Udrih, Gallo, Williams, Douglas & Turiaf or Mozgov

I think this is a championship caliber squad.
<!-- end mod -->

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Knicks have already paid half of Eddy Curry's 2010-2011 salary, a fact that could provide a team acquiring him significant savings and greatly boost his contract's trade value.

If traded today, Curry would be owed a little over $7 million by the team acquiring him, after adding in a trade kicker.
If Curry was traded just before the February deadline, the unpaid compensation on his contract would decline to less than $3 million and his trade kicker would decline to about $600,000.

-Fats Curry straight up for Dalembert.
-Send them Rautins just to get rid of him and pay PEJ Rautin's salary equivalent.
-Forget Udrih. Way too expensive for a Felton lite.
-Randolph to Minny for a future pick.

All works out under the cap.

eddy-gymnastics.jpg
fattycurry.jpg

Biggest, titty havingest turd in NYK history is gone, add a top defender,

Or plan B:

Very unlikely. Donnie digs back in with Indiana.

Best viewed in below link.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4nrkv7x

Knicks - Pacers trade.

Incoming - Knicks.

Roy Hibbert
TJ Ford
Jeff Foster
D Jones

Outgoing - Pacers

Douglas
Chandler
Randolph
Mozgov
Curry

Add a PG and 2 centers. Ford expiring/has declined significantly - NY revival?. Lose Chandler and Douglas which hurts but address position needs. Indiana save money on Curry, get coveted Randolph, keep pick.

Bird_Larry_ind_080527.jpg

Pacers president Larry Bird is itching to make a deal as his future in the team's front office remains undecided.

The team has a host of expiring contracts, which are attractive on the trade market, and they are in the midst of a slump.

Bird says his preference is to use the team's expiring contracts to acquire a key player before the Feb. 24 trade deadline.

"I would do that," Bird said.

"I've got my draft choice (a 2011 first-round pick). The thing I always say is, 'Do you save it and see what the rules are (under a new collective bargaining agreement) or do you use it?' But, if get that opportunity, I'm going to use it (by the trade deadline). ... Do you wait or do you do it? I've made my mind up and I've talked to (Pacers owner Herb) Simon about it, and I've told him what I want to do, if we can get a good player."

Mike Dunleavy ($10.56 million), T.J. Ford ($8.5 million) and Jeff Foster ($6.66 million) have significant expiring deals.

Bird added that he really hasn't thought about shopping Danny Granger.

"Danny's one of our integral parts," Bird said. "I don't really talk about Danny (in possible) trades. We'd like to add to him, try to get him some help. ... Danny's been been a good soldier. He knows what we're doing. We'd rather add to him."

mafra

Legend
The Knicks have already paid half of Eddy Curry's 2010-2011 salary, a fact that could provide a team acquiring him significant savings and greatly boost his contract's trade value.

If traded today, Curry would be owed a little over $7 million by the team acquiring him, after adding in a trade kicker.
If Curry was traded just before the February deadline, the unpaid compensation on his contract would decline to less than $3 million and his trade kicker would decline to about $600,000.

-Send them Rautins just to get rid of him and pay PEJ Rautin's salary equivalent.

All works out under the cap.

eddy-gymnastics.jpg
fattycurry.jpg

Biggest, titty havingest turd in NYK history is gone, add a top defender,

Or plan B:

Very unlikely. Donnie digs back in with Indiana.

Best viewed in below link.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4nrkv7x

Knicks - Pacers trade.

Incoming - Knicks.

Roy Hibbert
TJ Ford
Jeff Foster
D Jones

Outgoing - Pacers

Douglas
Chandler
Randolph
Mozgov
Curry

Add a PG and 2 centers. Ford expiring/has declined significantly - NY revival?. Lose Chandler and Douglas which hurts but address position needs. Indiana save money on Curry, get coveted Randolph, keep pick.

I don't think Hibbert is a good fit. Not in MD's offense.

I only mention bringing Beno Udrih here for 2 reasons:

1) THE MAIN REASON, SAC will dangle Omri Casspi if somebody is willing to take a bad contract (Udrih or Garcia). They want to clear some cap space. SAC is also looking for a SF type. They have money to spend, and with Evans-Cousins and CALI... They could keep Chandler. Something DEN wont be able to do (so Wilson not really going to help us get Carmelo).

2) Casspi is a player Walsh likes. For example, say we have to trade Gallo to get Carmelo, then Casspi is a piece we could bring in. OR, say DEN doesn't want Gallo or Chandler, maybe they do like Casspi? We need a backup PG. Udrih would fit that role and only hurt our cap space for 1 year. Both Beno & Felton would be off the books when Deron & Paul are free agents.

I think the best thing would be to simply swap Eddy's expring contract for Dalembert. He would help us a lot in the playoffs. MIght be the difference in winning/losing the 1st round.

Anthony is the big target. Gutting the team will hurt if it comes to that, but if we can keep either Fields or Gallo, and then bring in Casspi, Beno & either Jason Thompson or Samuel Dalembert.... We should be fine.

Paul1355

All Star
Azzy is still bad

Melo is blaming the Nets for pulling the plug on the big 3 team deal

Randolph is def going to be traded

Fields is our best trade chip, sad to say since i love the guy no homo

Odds are the guys that will be traded for melo are so: Randolph, Azzy, Chandler, Fields, Mozgov, Mason, Shawn Williams

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think the best thing would be to simply swap Eddy's expring contract for Dalembert. He would help us a lot in the playoffs. MIght be the difference in winning/losing the 1st round.

Anthony is the big target. Gutting the team will hurt if it comes to that, but if we can keep either Fields or Gallo, and then bring in Casspi, Beno & either Jason Thompson or Samuel Dalembert.... We should be fine.

Good points. Forgot about the upcoming FAs of Paul and D Will.

For now, having said that, I'd stick with the following:

But add Douglas in to the mix and propose for the addition of Telfair from Minny.

Have a 5 and a bench of:

Felton - Telfair
Fields - Walker - Azubuike eventually.
Gallo - Wil (or vice versa) PEJ
Amar'e - Williams - PEJ
Dalembert - Mozgov - Turiaf in no particular order.

Mason and a minimum contract to fit league minimum 15 man roster.

-Hit the playoffs with a very big line up and complete bench to take on either Chicago or Miami.

-Hit the offseason with a pick and enough cap to go after Melo 'the right way'.

- Pursue a new back up PG if necessary. Suns' Dragic for instance. Utah's Ronnie Price maybe?

- Pursue Marc Gasol, Deandre Jordan at C.

-Probably lose Chandler to a better offer. Assuming.

Have a line up somewhere along the lines of:

Felton - Dragic
Fields - Walker - Azubuike - ?
Melo - Gallo > not too sure if that'd work.
STAT - Williams maybe?
Gasol(?) Jordan(?) - The Gov - Ronny T for cheap.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Curry for Dalembert straight up (see my thread about this a month ago)

AR for a Minny 1st round Pick

Tariaf (now expendable with the arrival of Dalembert) for their trade exception and a 1st rounder

gives us 20 million in cap space this off season with 2 first round picks for future trades.

Improves our future without sacraficing our current playoff chance/position.

I might get stick for this, but I think it would be smart to trade Felton now while he is producing some nice stats in our offense. He's been playing well for most of the season so far, but I think this guy is a bit of an overachiever. I'm not impressed with his play since that Laker game.
His field goal % is ugly and his defence sucks. Every PG in the league can easily drive by Raymond it seems.

I say use his trade value as long as it's there. Then do everything possible to land either Chris Paul or Deron Williams in the summer.

Add Melo as a free agent and we're ready to go on a run.

Paul or Williams
Fields
Melo
Gallo
STAT

bench
Turiaf
Mozgov
Douglas
S. Wiliams
Rautins
new signing (PF)
new signing (SG)

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
I might get stick for this, but I think it would be smart to trade Felton now while he is producing some nice stats in our offense. He's been playing well for most of the season so far, but I think this guy is a bit of an overachiever. I'm not impressed with his play since that Laker game.
His field goal % is ugly and his defence sucks. Every PG in the league can easily drive by Raymond it seems.

I say use his trade value as long as it's there. Then do everything possible to land either Chris Paul or Deron Williams in the summer.

Add Melo as a free agent and we're ready to go on a run.

Paul or Williams
Fields
Melo
Gallo
STAT

bench
Turiaf
Mozgov
Douglas
S. Wiliams
Rautins
new signing (PF)
new signing (SG)

well considering we have to make a Big trade for williams or paul.. I dont see that much of our team remaining intact.. also what would our cap implications be?? I dont think that its very realistic.. I love Dwill he would be perfect for our team.. I agree Felton has fell off a lil bit this season.. lets hope he can regain his form. Lookslike felton is with us for the long haul

moneyg

Starter
Curry for Dalembert straight up (see my thread about this a month ago)

AR for a Minny 1st round Pick

Tariaf (now expendable with the arrival of Dalembert) for their trade exception and a 1st rounder

gives us 20 million in cap space this off season with 2 first round picks for future trades.

Improves our future without sacraficing our current playoff chance/position.

if we can get dalembert for curry, i would do it...but sac will want something else...
i know they will save a lil money but they might want a rautins..which i would do

if we can get turiaf off the cap for a pick..then i would do it ..

id run with tmoz and dalembert

melo is the key pickup if we can pull it off..

it will cost us fields, walker (denver likes him too), AR and/or turiaf pick, curry, gallo, future 1st, 2nd rounder or two

denver will send us melo and balkman.. even thought they want us to take back harrington.. no way

felton 7.5 mil
stat 18.2 mil
melo 18.5 mil
tmoz 2.5 mil
TD 1.1 mil
balkman 1.7

we would have about 10 mil in cap space for 2011..we can improve from there

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Here's one I did for fun but would love to see happen..... Again, I think it is somewhat realistic but it is just a wishful trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4zp3zpj

In this scenario we send Raymond Felton to Pheonix with Azzy'x contract (salary) for Nash.
I think Felton for a 37 year old PG is a great deal for a team that would be looking to replenish that position. Felton gives them a viable PG to sell to the fans and the Knicks get a Star in Nash who already knows D'Antoni's system, only has 2 years left on his contract which drops off right when Paul is available.

Ibaka would be a great fit in our system and is that defensive minded guy that Amare needs flanking him in the paint. Ibaka is not an offensive threat but can clean up the boards, dropin a dunk on a put back and block shots. Harden is a combo guard that can hit a 3, defend and run... Both these guys are athletic so we do not lose our ability to run and they are not the first or second scoring option but can hit a shot when needed (especially Harden). Ibaka is a 4 and is physically identical to Amare so these guys would be the most athletic 5/4 combo in the league. If Mozgov has truly taken the next step and can grasp the NBA game, he would be perfect to come off the bench and to start against the 2 or 3 Centers that really trouble STAT... Zydrunas Ilgauskas is one that comes to mind....
Oklahoma gets back Hibbert, a 7 footer that can score and defend. With Hibbert, nenad krstic could go back to the 4, his natural position, and they would have 2 guys over 7 feet at the 5/4 spot. Gallo, a 3 point shooting big man off the bench that would be a spot on fit in their system; Gallo could literally be dropped right into that lineup like he has been part of it for years. He can play the 3/4 and 2 in their system .. a replacement for Harden in Douglas that is scrappy, can score and defend and a player in Walker that is a 3/2 that can give them a solid 10 minutes off the bench. He can score and defend...
Indiana get Chandler, Curry and Randolph for Granger and Hibbert... Granger give us almost everything Chandler has (Chandler is a slight more athletic) but much more consistent. He also has the range of Gallo so he would be replacing Gallo's 3 point threat. He has the ability to take over a game, like STAT but is a great team player. When STAT sits... Granger can become the scoring threat. When they are both on the court, you would have to double team both and that would leave the other players with wide open shots!
Indiana gets a player in Chandler that they can sell to the fans. Chandler plays the same position(s) and is young a very athletic.... They covet Randolph, so they get him and who knows with the right organization, maybe Randolph really flourishes and becomes everything that is expected from him... maybe he's a bust but for a organization rebuilding... he's worth it. They get the salary relief from Curry's contract that will give them added flexibility this off season...

Starting:
Nash
Fields
Granger
Ibaka
STAT

Bench:
Harden - 2/1
Moz - 5
Turiaf - 4/5
Williams - 3/4
Mason - 2
Rautins........

I like this team!!!

Why on earth would Denver do that trade?

y wouldn't they do tht?
they would free up alot of cap space by taking curry and getting rid of melo balkman and Harrington plus they get decent young talent and they get 2 potentially top 5 picks it's exactly wat they would want