Mozgov should be getting consistent minutes..

I was really impressed with both guys, Mozgov and Randolph. Of course Mozgov stole the show but Randolph played some good ball aswell, rebounding the basketball and blocking shots. He didn't throw up stupid jumpers from 18 feet or dribble the ball past midcourt - like he did earlier in the season.

Mozgov was just beasting in the paint and I really had to smile when I saw him taking jumpers and freethrows with confidence and hitting them like it was nothing. Typical example of a confidence player. I hope he can keep it up because it really adds another dimension to our game.

A temporary frontcourt of Mozgov / Turiaf / STAT could really trouble the Bulls when Gallo is on the bench in the playoffs.

In addition to that it become obvious to me as a Knick fan (wo is not used to it for the last 3-4 years) that size can do wonders for you. We looked so much more in control and more dominant with a real center on and STAT at PF.

We're normally on the receiving end when it comes to domination in the paint and rebounding. This time it was the other way round and it felt damn good!

The same way the Lakers abused us with the 7'1 Bynum and 7'0 Gasol, we abused the Pistons with the 7'1 Mozgov and the 6'10 Amar'e at PF.

I for once wouldn't have the slightest problem with leaving Chandler out of the rotation for a while in favor of Mozgov and Randolph.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
here we go again...such whiners...

Mozgov was in the starting five at the start of the season. He sucked.
he was not ready and D'Antonio knew that.

He has gotten experience at practices and by working with the coaching staff...

You guys are so ignorant and whiny. Mozgiv sucked at the start of the season. And if he sucks next week you guys will again complain.

lets things evolve.....

all the hating on Gallo....Remember ? Walker and Williams can do what gallo does. SD you see thats not true ?

Just maybe give the coaching staff credit for getting him ready!
I agree 100%

moneyg

Starter
the good thing about this is that..

if he can give us 10 pts 8 rebs 2 blocks a game.. there goes our need for a big.

its only one game though... so i wont get crazy..

we do need another big becuz turiaf looks like he's hurting now

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Again, sometimes the truth hurts.

Do we see the results of size and high% shots?

Now I didn't even read this threat yet, but I'll guess somemda supporters are responding by saying he wasn't good enough before, but he's improved thus justifying his mins.

Cough..cough,,,bullsh*t! He and AR have always been good, just lack confidence ala Danillo "flipity-flopity" Gallinari, another coaching skill.

Play the kids/bigs, build up their confidence and reward Donnie and his wisdom. No more:

I will always think these players have some kind of skill, from Darko and Curry to AR, Earl barron and Moz... its on the coach to use them and develop them and not as a result of injury, its always the coach.

These kids wouldn't be so touted, praised and sought and signed/drafted without any skill its the coach imo.

Arguably, the injuries could be caused by lack of min for our depth...think about it.

O'sh*t... we have a big(s) right on the bench... who knew?

he started at the bigining of the season if you were watching, where were you??? was he at the same level of today's game? NO, the coach moved him to the bench till he is ready, what is your argument here???? MD doesn't want to play bigs??! MD doens't want to play good players??? what?? do you really have a statment or it is just naging without thinking?

skisloper

Starter
Look at Landy Fields...he played 4 years of college thats why he has the Basketball IQ and the extra experience driven skills...

Randolph played 1 year in college.
Mozgov needs time.

One good game and everybody says D'Antonio should have been playing him...

We right now are the 6th best team in the East.
We are not better nor will be better then the Heat, Celtics, Magic, Hawks or Bulls. Does not mean we cannot beat them but come on we are in a much better position then we thought we would be.

Now Mozgov has a good game and again everyone wants playing time.

This is the samething that was said about walker and Williams...

we cannot have an 11 man rotation....

Now we won 2 of 3 the next thing will be Chandler sucks ( I am not a fan)..

bitch bitch bitch

KBlack25

Starter
I don't get the complaining at all in any way, shape or form.

Mozgov was GIVEN the chance to start early in the year, and we lost games. He didn't perform, had too many bad fouls, couldn't rebound.

He was taken out of the rotation, he apparently worked hard with the COACHES, and made it back in the rotation. Anyone who says he isn't being coached right is, quite simply, a 2-bit low-IQ unadulterated moron. That, or they simply hate D'Antoni no matter what...D'Antoni could cure cancer and some people on this board would complain he didn't also cure AIDS.

Mozgov didn't all of a sudden pull the ability to play defense and procure rebounds as well as he did last night right out of thin air. He worked with the coaches (as reported by Alan Hahn) who actually did a good job in training a big man on how to play at an NBA level. The raw talent was there, the high-level NBA ability at the start of the year was not. The coaches helped Mozgov, who took initiative to work hard and learn (look back at the games where Mozgov didn't play...first off the bench during timeout, always in the huddle, compared to a seemingly-disinterested Anthony Randolph). Kudos to the D'Antoni staff and to Mozgov for BOTH working hard to develop this kid into what could be a decent NBA-level Center.

Kiyaman

Legend
some posters just make u angry

You guys are so ignorant and whiny. Mozgiv sucked at the start of the season. And if he sucks next week you guys will again complain.

lets things evolve.....

all the hating on Gallo....Remember ? Walker and Williams can do what gallo does. SD you see thats not true ?

u make no sense.
Mozgov performance lastnight on both sides of the court were on instint.
how many assist did Felton get from hitting Mozgov downlow? none
Did Mozgov start in the Fiba games? NO! why? because he is best as a
reserve bigman to rebound/screen/blockshots/and give fouls in the middle
of the game. Mozgov was NEW to the NBA rules and players...... only a
fool would start Mozgov in the NBA. Plus the fool already had a rookie
in the starting lineup name Landry Fields.

The Knicks had a 1-11 start lastseason for putting Gallo in the starting lineup.
What did u expect when u seen a Knick starting lineup of Amare & Felton
with rookie Fields/2nd season Gallo/and rookie Mozgov? LOL
In the Knicks 3-8 start, 2 of those wins came from bench-players Toney
Douglas & Wilson Chandler outstanding performance vs Raptors & Bulls.
The 8 losses had nothing to do with Mozgov or AR performance, it took
Felton the first 15 games and 60 something turnovers just to get the
pick n roll right with Amare. Or did u forget Felton did not practice with
any Knick player in the offseason.

Mozgov & AR are young raw bigmen-rebounders u give plenty of playingtime
to vs the mediocre NBA teams to develope their role with their teammates.
The Eastern Conference have alot of mediocre teams these two bigmen
shouldve average at least 16 minutes per game against:
Detroit/Wizards/Cavs/Pacers/76ers/Raptors/Bucks

KBlack25

Starter
Kiya - how can you say the Knicks had a bad record b/c Gallo was in the starting lineup when we are above .500 and Gallo has started in every game he has been healthy for?

Red

TYPE-A

lets things evolve.....

That would make sense if coach had continually used and built them up BEFORE injury forced him to play them consistently. He didn't.

Stop fooling yourself and trying to pull wool over my eyes. Its clear they played due to injury of preferred players not due to improved skill

...a noted anomaly since if you admit or subscribe to that 2bit theory it was based on skill THEN coach should've got them up to snuff earlier.

Desnt matter though unless MDA is willing to change (which I think he can and will have to)... I expect these young talented assets relegated back to the bench when we get heathy.

BTW Gallo struggled ALSO and WAS a starter ALSO... what happened. O yeah coach kept going with him...hummmm

Red

TYPE-A
u make no sense.

The Knicks had a 1-11 start lastseason for putting Gallo in the starting lineup.

Co-signed!

And, I'll take a page from your book, why address these blind fans who have no clue what is going on?

Too obvious. Good for us we found a big(s) that could help us right on the bench, too bad it was due to injury NOT THEIR DEVELOPMENT.

And... confidence is 99% of the game. Like they said they're young, coach has to figure out how to instill confidence and reduce the worry of making mistakes. Then we can actually see how they fit in.

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
He did have a good game, but it was against the pistons who are terrible. Yes this is good to see and will build up his confidence but I still don't see this happening again any time soon. (Hopefully I am wrong)

nyk_nyk

All Star
he started at the bigining of the season if you were watching, where were you??? was he at the same level of today's game? NO, the coach moved him to the bench till he is ready, what is your argument here???? MD doesn't want to play bigs??! MD doens't want to play good players??? what?? do you really have a statment or it is just naging without thinking?

Actually, if Williams and Chandler were available Moz would have logged another DNP-CD. It relaly had nothing to do with Dantoni believing that he was finally ready.

If anything I thing Donnie forced Dantoni to give the other guys some minutes. This move just doesn't seem like something Dantoni would do out of the blue.

u make no sense.

Are you trying to tell me you didn't see a major improvement in Mozgov's game last night? How about not dropping some of his passes ,going straight up, using intimidation to keep the Piston guards out the post,put back dunks and hustle on the offensive glass. Did you see any of this in the beginning of the year NO!

Felton had two assists by hitting Mozgov off two PNR and Douglas had a couple of assists with Mozgov with a nice alley oop, even Gallo had a sweet find to a cutting Mozgov under the basket.

Why would we not take a chance with a Legit 7 footer when we had no starting C or did you forget Turiaf is only good for 15-25 minutes. Also we gave AR and Mozgov minutes they weren't ready! The same way Billy Walker wasn't ready when Shawne Williams took some of his minutes ,then Walker played harder in practice along with Williams to get more minutes in the rotation.

I think after that performance last night both Mozgov and AR have warranted about 8-10 minutes each while playing with the 2nd unit like they did last night when they put on a great run offensively and defensively. 16 minutes might be too much for developing players.

skisloper

Starter
Based on what you both argue...we should have an 11 man rotation with everyone getting 16 minutes. its absurd.

of course Mozgov played because we were short players. Same way Williams played when gallo was hurt.

The point is that Mozgov is better because of the effort the coaching staff has put into him. You guys pretend to know what your talking about...Guarantee if Patrick Ewing was brought in as a big man coach u would be praising him for making Mozgov into a player ( last night) but this coaching staff gets nothing...

U cannot play an 11 man rotation....

After one good game u guys cry out of why someone is not playing more....

its just mid-season.....why do you not let guys develop and practice and watch and be part of the NBA.....

and again with Gallo ????? I know I know Chandler is the man.

skisloper

Starter
If Mozgov has a a few crap games these same guys will blame D'Anonio...
Coach can never win.
Lets see a pattern...
we hated Thomas, Brown now D'Antonio.....

I am sure if got a new coach and he did not play this hidden superstar he would be shit too.

Kiyaman

Legend
some posters make u angry from all the BULLSHIT!

I don't get the complaining at all in any way, shape or form.

Mozgov was GIVEN the chance to start early in the year, and we lost games. He didn't perform, had too many bad fouls, couldn't rebound.

He was taken out of the rotation, he apparently worked hard with the COACHES, and made it back in the rotation. Anyone who says he isn't being coached right is, quite simply, a 2-bit low-IQ unadulterated moron. That, or they simply hate D'Antoni no matter what...D'Antoni could cure cancer and some people on this board would complain he didn't also cure AIDS.

Mozgov didn't all of a sudden pull the ability to play defense and procure rebounds as well as he did last night right out of thin air. He worked with the coaches (as reported by Alan Hahn) who actually did a good job in training a big man on how to play at an NBA level. The raw talent was there, the high-level NBA ability at the start of the year was not. The coaches helped Mozgov, who took initiative to work hard and learn (look back at the games where Mozgov didn't play...first off the bench during timeout, always in the huddle, compared to a seemingly-disinterested Anthony Randolph). Kudos to the D'Antoni staff and to Mozgov for BOTH working hard to develop this kid into what could be a decent NBA-level Center.
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

The Knicks played a mediocre Detroit Piston team that dont get back on
DEFENSE or even bother to play DEFENSE any more. Plus all their bigmen
are like big SF in the league except for Big Ben who did not play.

Last night Mozgov did not show any signs he been practicing to fit in this
so-call Damnphony-system, neither did AR.
u and others need to STOP all the BULLSHITTING justification for a bum
assistant coach Damnphony and staff.
I doubt like hell if Herb Williams even bother with this small-ball running
bullshit. Herb Williams has always been a half-court setting bigman.

What the hell game was u guys watching in the beginning of the season?
It damn sure wasnt Knick basketball.... Wilson Chandler shouldve been a
STARTER in every Knick game this season. using Mozgov raw performance
as an scape-goat to keep Gallo in the starting lineup does not pan out on
this side of the world.

KBlack25

Starter
Kiya- you claim Detroit had no big men...

Well game 1 of the season we played Toronto, who also has no big men and Mozgov stunk. We played Philly not long after and Mozgov got 0 rebounds, they have no good bigmen either.

Are you suggesting the coaching hasn't had Mozgov improve at least from a rebounding perspective since the start of the season?

skisloper

Starter
I am a big fan of Herb Williams....but have u ever wondered why is not a starting coach ?

Are you really at this point still believing Gallo should not be starting on this Knicks squad ?

Do you beleive with another coach we be better then we are today ?

Kiyaman

Legend
Are you trying to tell me you didn't see a major improvement in Mozgov's game last night? How about not dropping some of his passes ,going straight up, using intimidation to keep the Piston guards out the post,put back dunks and hustle on the offensive glass. Did you see any of this in the beginning of the year NO!

Felton had two assists by hitting Mozgov off two PNR and Douglas had a couple of assists with Mozgov with a nice alley oop, even Gallo had a sweet find to a cutting Mozgov under the basket.

Why would we not take a chance with a Legit 7 footer when we had no starting C or did you forget Turiaf is only good for 15-25 minutes. Also we gave AR and Mozgov minutes they weren't ready! The same way Billy Walker wasn't ready when Shawne Williams took some of his minutes ,then Walker played harder in practice along with Williams to get more minutes in the rotation.

I think after that performance last night both Mozgov and AR have warranted about 8-10 minutes each while playing with the 2nd unit like they did last night when they put on a great run offensively and defensively. 16 minutes might be too much for developing players.

Slow down.... Detroit is a small-ball no-defense lottery team. Mozgov is still
raw to the real NBA b/c a bum coach only gave him developing-playingtime
in 13 games out of the 48 games this season.
When I cut off the TV there was only 3 minutes left in the game, Felton only
had 3 assist when I cut off the game and none was to Mozgov. Ben Gordon
was scoring 3-balls all over Felton when I cut off the the game.

Toons

is the Bo$$
?He played great,? Stoudemire said. ?He?s one of those players where he keeps working and keeps trying to improve. He?s a young player. Coaching staff did a great job.?

What do you think practice is for? Do you honestly think gametime is the only time you can develop an NBA player's game?

This is what young players need to do. Mosgov obviously wasn't comfortable with the NBA game early on and it was extremely obvious with his play. He then worked his ass off in practice and with coaches so he could get more used to NBA ball and take advantage of another opportunity. How the hell can you say that the Knicks haven't been developing him? Do all NBA players not named Eddy Curry just twiddle their thumbs in between games?

OMG IV BEEN SAYING THIS FOR AGES TO BATTLE THE IDIOTS WHO SAY DANTONI DOESNT PLAY RANDOLPH AND MOZGOV. Mozgov battles arguably the best pf in the NBA every practice. He learns from Amare. They have a coaching staff, they watch hours and hours of film. but no, some guys get sand in your vajayjay and want to throw him out there and lose games for the sake of SEEING a change whenever we lose. We are not in the practice gym. we are only fans. I love the patience of our staff. This is a lesson to our bench....STAY READY.