Tony Douglas

Cannot run the point. I know we all know this, but it's atrocious what happens when Raymond sits. Douglas is a horror show at pg.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Gtfo

Knicks4lyfe. A classic example of a reactionary dullard.

Recently, I've read posts in which all you do is dishonourably downplay the talents of individual Knicks, whilst praising the unknown (as you do in the hangout section) by chorusing the Anthony trade.

This is a crap fan.

20100903-shit_fan.jpg

You, as well, are a crap fan.

iSaYughh

Starter
Biggest prob for Douglas is how weak our 2 slot is, in regards to a more pure sg...let alone one with pg-esque passing.

If we had Iggy, Joe Johnson, or most any other quality 2 to put in when Douglas is...His flaws would be blunted considerably.

Knicks4lyfe. A classic example of a reactionary dullard.

Recently, I've read posts in which all you do is dishonourably downplay the talents of individual Knicks, whilst praising the unknown (as you do in the hangout section) by chorusing the Anthony trade.

This is a crap fan.

20100903-shit_fan.jpg

You, as well, are a crap fan.

Tony douglas is a good point gaurd? Yes or no? The consesus is no. his court vision is putrid, his shot selection is awful half the time, and he is a sg trapped in a pg's body. He is at best a C player. Period. That has nothing to do with dishonor, everything to do with calling it what it is.

And leave the hangout section to the big leagues.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think Felton's play is more of a problem than TD's. Can he hit a jumpshot? Finish in the paint?

I'm starting to think more and more that his good shooting @ the beginning of the year was fools gold.

I think Felton's play is more of a problem than TD's. Can he hit a jumpshot? Finish in the paint?

I'm starting to think more and more that his good shooting @ the beginning of the year was fools gold.

While Felton has appeared to have died, at least the offense has flow when he runs it. Douglas is terrible at the pnr, and cannot make the simplest of passes. Many times he had wide open players he missed due to lack of court vision. Yes, he shot well today, but chalk that up to a good night.

And Barrea killed him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He's not a PG. Congratulations! Let's make a call out thread about it.:whatever: All season he's played some valuable minutes for this squad. All season.

If he's not an offensive success out of position, then let's heckle the little heathen. He plays some very solid defence against bigger players since entering the line up last season. He single handedly thwarted both Wall and Arenas when they came to town, was mentioned in a Derrick Rose interview about his tough D, has been praised by D'Antoni for the same reason and so on.

Bottom line, no, he's not a PG, so what's the point of venting? Reactionary blame game. Boo f'ing hoo.

*There's nothing big league about you getting jacked by LJ4ptplay in the Hangout forum.

He's not a PG. Congratulations! Let's make a call out thread about it.:whatever: All season he's played some valuable minutes for this squad. All season.

If he's not an offensive success out of position, then let's heckle the little heathen. He plays some very solid defence against bigger players since entering the line up last season. He single handedly thwarted both Wall and Arenas when they came to town, was mentioned in a Derrick Rose interview about his tough D, has been praised by D'Antoni for the same reason and so on.

Bottom line, no, he's not a PG, so what's the point of venting? Reactionary blame game. Boo f'ing hoo.

*There's nothing big league about you getting jacked by LJ4ptplay in the Hangout forum.

Wall and arenas? Yet Barrea roasts him? It's easy to to stay in front of a player who cannot shoot (Wall, Rose) Arenas was not even trying in Washington. Try again.

I'm not in the business for giving pats on the backs. It's about results now. Once we get a back up pg who can actually run the show, where will Douglas' minutes go to? He won't play much. Bet that.

And as a fan, it's my right to as you put it, play the "reactionary blame game" No different than if someone else wanted to sing his praises. It is there right as a fan to do so. Where do you get off criticizing my right to do so? Since you want to be the conscience of this section?

And I meant big leagues as far as measure of importance. The Knicks, are entertainment, what goes on in the hangout section is mostly about real life, real events. Does not belong in this section at all. If you wanna add anything of real relevance, I suggest you post there. Otherwise, remain The spliffstar to Lj4ptplay's Busta.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wall and arenas? Yet Barrea roasts him? It's easy to to stay in front of a player who cannot shoot (Wall, Rose) Arenas was not even trying in Washington. Try again.

In front of a player that can't shoot yet has/have insane handles? Is/are taller and heavier than Toney? Try again.

I'm not in the business for giving pats on the backs. It's about results now. Once we get a back up pg who can actually run the show, where will Douglas' minutes go to? He won't play much. Bet that.

Bet's on. Again, you're dabbling in the imaginary. Bet that! Who will you blame next?

And as a fan, it's my right to as you put it, play the "reactionary blame game" No different than if someone else wanted to sing his praises. It is there right as a fan to do so. Where do you get off criticizing my right to do so? Since you want to be the conscience of this section?

Yes, but your enclosed form of thought focuses on the only thing you can conceive (as in the Hangout forum) - in this case, blaming an individual that's a member of a team with narrow observations, focusing on one side of a multi sided team game.

You know dick about basketball.

And I meant big leagues as far as measure of importance. The Knicks, are entertainment, what goes on in the hangout section is mostly about real life, real events. Does not belong in this section at all. If you wanna add anything of real relevance, I suggest you post there. Otherwise, remain The spliffstar to Lj4ptplay's Busta.

Real life? Real events?

I suggest that you are a time warped virgin.

In front of a player that can't shoot yet has/have insane handles? Is/are taller and heavier than Toney? Try again.
But since he can't shoot, Tony can go under the screens, which he could not do to a player who can. Evidenced by tonight's beat down. And what's his excuse tonight? Barrea is a little man. Tony is bigger, faster, and stronger. Try again. He's overrated cuz he is a Knick. If he was on any other team, you would see him for the C player he is, homer.

Bet's on. Again, you're dabbling in the imaginary. Bet that! Who will you blame next?
If you refer to God as imaginary, you're hopeless. Unless you are refering to the missing link. Either way, hopeless. Back to basketball.

Our defensively challenged coach has the propensity to put offense before defense. Which is why I know if he finds a pg who can run it efficiently enough to blow Ray, Douglas is the odd man out. He'll play, but in a reduced roll. Way reduced. Bill Walker minutes. And attribute this guess to D'antoni's tendancies.

Yes, but your enclosed form of thought focuses on the only thing you can conceive (as in the Hangout forum) - in this case, blaming an individual that's a member of a team with narrow observations, focusing on one side of a multi sided team game.

You know dick about basketball.
I know that Carmelo Anothony is better than everyone on our team, and if we add him, no matter who we lose, we are better. I also know that Douglas is just biding his time as backup pg cuz there is no better option. I know we need a big, or STAT will die slow, like Ewing did. No one blamed Tony for this loss, Raymond sucked today too. So did a lot of players. But I attribute Ray's fall to a ton of minutes, due to the fact that Douglas can't make simple passes, therefore the coach is playing him too many minutes. Unlike Mozgov and Randolph, D'antoni IS playing Douglas. So him not performing is not due to trade rumors, or lack of playing time. Point blank, he is underwhelming. Not a pg. Not his fault, but I'm still calling it like it is.

Real life? Real events?

I suggest that you are a time warped virgin.

um... Ok.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Originally Posted By The Door To Door Antagonist

But since he can't shoot, Tony can go under the screens, which he could not do to a player who can.

Oh really!? Really Mr. Defence!? That's your answer is it? It's EASIER to defend Rose and Wall because you can go under screens. Please everybody take note here. We are being tutored by the enlightened one.

Evidenced by tonight's beat down. And what's his excuse tonight? Barrea is a little man. Tony is bigger, faster, and stronger. Try again. He's overrated cuz he is a Knick. If he was on any other team, you would see him for the C player he is, homer.

Every dog has his day, Billy Hoyle.

Our defensively challenged coach has the propensity to put offense before defense. Which is why I know if he finds a pg who can run it efficiently enough to blow Ray, Douglas is the odd man out. He'll play, but in a reduced roll. Way reduced. Bill Walker minutes. And attribute this guess to D'antoni's tendancies.

So you say. And honestly, it's a fair assumption. But that doesn't distract from the fact that the issues the team/second unit have, are NOT about certain individuals. You try and have a little thinky about what I'm saying here.

I know that Carmelo Anothony is better than everyone on our team, and if we add him, no matter who we lose, we are better.

Cure this blind sheep, lord!

I also know that Douglas is just biding his time as backup pg cuz there is no better option.

Of course he ****ing is! He's not a PG. He's a 2 guard. Thus, what is the point of criticising his time at point? This is an emotional thread. I and many others are sick of the reactionary belittlers (cultists in your sake).

Booooooooooo!

Toney Douglas is a very good defender and plays with great effort in general. I like him. It's true that his playmaking skills are below par, but on his night he can be a decent scorer aswell.

Imo it's Felton who sucks. His stats have been hugely inflated till the end of december. If the Felton we're currently witnessing is the real Felton he can f off....no defense whatsoever. Every PG in the league can do whatever he wants on offense against Felton, plus his shooting is a bad joke. Throw up 6 hit 1....and he's not playing the pick and roll with Amar'e.

Terrible terrible performance by Felton in January. Our worst player by quite some margin. At this point I have no confidence whatsoever in Felton, every time he takes a three or jumper off the dribble you know it's not going in. And on defense...I'm pulling my hair out watching Felton getting burned time and time again. It's so easy for the opposition...he's either totally exhausted because of the huge minutes he had to play (then he should get a week rest) or he's a big time fraud.

I think we need Chris Paul/Deron Williams way more than Melo atm. Gallo is playing well at SF, but we don't have a good PG.

With Deron Williams in the lineup we would be a 50 win team this season imo.

Toons

is the Bo$$
While Felton has appeared to have died, at least the offense has flow when he runs it. Douglas is terrible at the pnr, and cannot make the simplest of passes. Many times he had wide open players he missed due to lack of court vision. Yes, he shot well today, but chalk that up to a good night.

And Barrea killed him.

2 of barea 3 pts in the first quarter, douglas wasnt guarding him...that spaced the floor, his other 3 was in transition. just because they play the same position doesnt mean he guarded him all game. he still outplayed barea.

Toney Douglas is a very good defender and plays with great effort in general. I like him. It's true that his playmaking skills are below par, but on his night he can be a decent scorer aswell.

Imo it's Felton who sucks. His stats have been hugely inflated till the end of december. If the Felton we're currently witnessing is the real Felton he can f off....no defense whatsoever. Every PG in the league can do whatever he wants on offense against Felton, plus his shooting is a bad joke. Throw up 6 hit 1....and he's not playing the pick and roll with Amar'e.

Terrible terrible performance by Felton in January. Our worst player by quite some margin. At this point I have no confidence whatsoever in Felton, every time he takes a three or jumper off the dribble you know it's not going in. And on defense...I'm pulling my hair out watching Felton getting burned time and time again. It's so easy for the opposition...he's either totally exhausted because of the huge minutes he had to play (then he should get a week rest) or he's a big time fraud.

I think we need Chris Paul/Deron Williams way more than Melo atm. Gallo is playing well at SF, but we don't have a good PG.

With Deron Williams in the lineup we would be a 50 win team this season imo.

Everyone who is playing for us is giving effort. And I even understand Douglas is a 2, by nature. But it's been almost 2 seasons, and as a gaurd, 1 or 2, you are still required to be able to make the rudimentary pass. Douglas can't.

Felton looks awful. And the pnr is tougher when he does not shoot well. But no matter how bad he shoots, the offense still has flow. If Douglas ain't shooting well, what's he got? The title of good defender, on a bad def team.

Felton is not Paul or williams, but he is not as bad as he's been.

iSaYughh

Starter

In part, I def agree. It's mainly tied to him hitting an SSOL wall, IMHO. He. An regain his prior form, but a few things need to be addressed:

-- he doesn't have the element of surprise anymore. people know what he can do now in SSOL, and how he was doing it.

Felton developed an effectiveness hinged upon Amare. As Amare himself has waned a bit, Felton needs to help Amare while helping himself. Create another hinge, ie player, to treat and respect as a primary recipient of dynamic facilitation.

IMHO, Felton's poor shooting binge is bc his facilitation and pure point glasses are too narrowly focused. Upon a player who in his own right has been getting smothered by extra defenders.

The flow of Felton's effective pg game was bc he had an effective Plan A for facilitating. It was rock solid, and provided the foundation for his own scoring creation.

His game and flow is a hodgepodge right now. A non-sensical sharing of wealth and shooting chaos ensues.

Anyways, Douglas is such an ineffective pg for us, that when he does play the 1 I'd almost rather him just still do his thing as a sg playing the 1. Best when we have adequate and + passers on the court with him.

Ideal, if we have an actual 2 to rotate in for Fields who can take some more heat off Douglas' passing.