Carter forcing a trade to NY

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Really all you need is a center that can defend and rebound...there are very few centers that are offensive threats (at least true centers).
I wish we had a little more size; but, the rotation of Naz, KT, Sweet, Williams and Baker (actually that is really more than a rotation...one of those guys is going to get left out) is pretty good.
I read that IT said he could even see TT playing the 4...that tells me that someone is on the way out...I still see one more move coming.

newmove

Rotation player
You've got a point on that. Maybe Isiah is goin to trade some men from that rotation to get us a center. Williams is going nowhere so I guess it's going to be Kurt and Nazzie.

JJtheKnick

Starter
if we trade kurt and nazr we better get something good because kurt is a major factor witht he knicks. and nazr is our only center. but isiah will take care of it

newmove

Rotation player
That's what I've meant. If Isiah will decide to trade those guys he'd better get us some reall dominant big guy. I'd go for some1of JO caliber.

JJtheKnick

Starter
but if you guys think about it there are no really good center that we can get. maybe isiah is looking at a rookie or something i dont know but our center problem has been killing me this hole off season

newmove

Rotation player
Maybe a rookie. I would've go for rookie rather then for some 4-5 year vet, cuz' we must take care of future developement. Our draft picks ain't impressing...

JJtheKnick

Starter
newmove said:
Maybe a rookie. I would've go for rookie rather then for some 4-5 year vet, cuz' we must take care of future developement. Our draft picks ain't impressing...

Our draft picks ain't impressing what do you mean by that. sweetney was such a big spick up and this new rookie as been ever thing we dident expect.

JJtheKnick

Starter
yea probably because he forgot to play. i mean brown hardly plays him. we cant expect him to come in to a game after a week rest and be lights out.

newmove

Rotation player
The reason why he didn't score vs Angola was that he was warmin the bench the whole game. Give him 15-20 minutes and he'll impress you by his game play. Haven't you ever seen him play?

JJtheKnick

Starter
yea i watch all the usa games and he hardly plays. i dident really watch collage basketball soo i dident see what this guy can do. i really want to see his talent.

yeaa come on u cnt say oakfor aint got skillz, he ttok hsi team 2, final 4 they would even made it there if it wasnt 4 him..the old problems he has is his back and i havent heard him complain about it and hes on bobcats they suk soo hes like the best playa on team and hasent played a game yett.

newmove

Rotation player
He's got his ankle man. Remember? That might be serious. Just recall what has happened to Grant Hill. And Ray Allen, though he recovered.

Okafor's got pretty good game but his injuries may affect it.

JJtheKnick

Starter
hes going to be a center right?? and if thats ture i like it. he is a major threat in the low post and thats what ever team needs

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
Okafur never impressed me to the point where I would say he's going to be a force to be reckoned with,but he's young and athletic and has raw skills.He can be what a Ben Wallace turned out to be.But it's going to be a minute before we can see what he can do.He wasn't that great since the Duke game where he woke up in the 4th qtr to save his team from defeat with 2 timely plays.Other than that,I can't say I've seen him do anything special.What has he done in games that was so special?

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I've watched Okafor play when he was at UConn. I think Okafor needs more offensive touch, but he plays awesome defense. If he can stay away from back problems, he could be the real deal. He also needs to vastly improve his freethrow shooting. And with the dig at Sweetney & Azaria, I think we could've done worse. Anyone who thinks they won't make a difference at some point is nuts. If those guys get playing time, they'll develop and make a difference.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Yo I say we take out Anderson and Moochie and blame it on the terrorists..then Ariza and Sweetney could get some playing time to develop.... : )

rady

Administrator
Staff member
the toronto start just reported that vince carter demanded an immediate trade

"It's time for the truth: I want to be traded, I'm ready to be traded," the 27-year-old Raptor all-star told the Star last night.

"First and foremost, this has nothing to do with the fans or the city, it's just time for me to look after me."

Carter, who has been the subject of intense trade rumours since the end of the season, said his decision to go public last night is because he's frustrated at the pace of trade talks the Raptors have been pursuing.

He conceded it would be interesting to play in New York ("It's the mecca of basketball," he said) despite the presence of ex-Raptor coach Lenny Wilkens, with whom Carter clashed in 2002-03."I would love to play in Florida (where he was born and maintains an off-season home). It's just time to move."

Read full story