Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carter forcing a trade to NY

Default Carter forcing a trade to NY

Shaq did it, McGrady did it, so why wouldn't Vince? a deal invloving tthomas would be more than great, though i doubt that'll happen. but, if this miracle does happen, then who knows, lenny wilkens might also be replaced

The mere thought of Vince Carter wearing a Knicks uniform once seemed as far-fetched as Shaquille O'Neal ending up in Miami.
    But in today's NBA, where the league's most dominant player can be traded without the Miami Heat having to give up its best player, anything is possible, including Carter ending up in New York.

Despite the declaration Wednesday from Toronto general manager Rob Bab**** that Carter will return next season, a person close to the Raptors' All-Star swingman insists that Carter is trying to force a trade to New York.

Carter has refused to comment on his future for the past few weeks, but that could change tomorrow night following Carter's annual charity all-star game in Toronto. According to the source, Carter is expected to announce publicly that he wants to be traded.

The real challenge would be coming up with an attractive package for Carter, the leading vote-getter among All-Stars last season. Toronto would consider Stephon Marbury, but Thomas, the original head of basketball operations for the expansion Raptors, wants to hold on to his point guard. Thomas is also reluctant to trade Tim Thomas.

Carter is still regarded as an elite player, but the Knicks have to hope that he still has as much clout as O'Neal and McGrady to force Toronto's hand.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This is terrific news besides the fact that Isiah is reluctant to trade Tim Thomas.

sounds good but didn't JCrawford also wanted to be traded here? who will we have to give up? VC has four more years on his contract and it would be difficult to match salaries.. anyways, go knicks!

if carter and crawford come what will the line up look like??

PG- Marbury
    SG- houston, crawford
    SF- carter
    PF- Thomas
    C- Mohammed

if this were the line up i wouldent mind. but i would like to see a better center. what do you guys think??

Sweetney instead of Mohammed.

Originally Posted by Only The Knicks
    This is terrific news besides the fact that Isiah is reluctant to trade Tim Thomas.
    I'm starting to think there might be a reason why Isiah isn't open to trading him. I have no clue what it could be, but I hope Isiah is smart enough that if the Raptors want TT part of a deal for Carter, they can have him

I think Isiah might just be saying that to increase Thomas's trade value.

VC will never force a trade to NY...he has too many years left on his contract..Shaq and T-Mac were going into their last years...so they had the leverage...I think we should just be happy if we could get Crawford and Damp...

yeaaa truu knicks would be on top wit them 2 but idk they need nice SF n carter is nicest way 2 replace

im wid i miss#33 with crawford and dapier were already good enough to stay somewhere in the race for the east. getting crawford to me seems like wishful thinking but its nice that isiah is keeping our hopes up and keeping us in the news

Originally Posted by pbjb14
    im wid i miss#33 with crawford and dapier were already good enough to stay somewhere in the race for the east. getting crawford to me seems like wishful thinking but its nice that isiah is keeping our hopes up and keeping us in the news
    yea but if we cant get dampier. i would go for carter because he is wants to come here a we would have a good shot.

PG- marbury
    SG- Houston/crawford
    PF- Sweetney/baker (kurt if he is still here)
    SF- carter
    C- Nazr/ deke

Looks like the Carter rumors are back in the press, for now at least. Isiah wasn't dismissing the rumors as either. The Knicks would have to trade at least one of their big name players and someone else to match salaries. I could see Kurt Thomas and or Tim Thomas in on this one.

Superstar

I wouldn't go for it. We're quite good without Carter. I wouldn't trade Kurt and/or Tim for Vince. We've got pretty damn nice chemistry why spoiling it?

I also am not sure Carter would fit in with the Knicks. Tim Thomas is a tall SF, I don't want to see the Knicks lose size like that, we're a team that lacks height already.
    Then again you get a player like Carter, who can score and draw the defense to him. That free's up some talented shooters already on the Knicks. Besides Marbury, Houston, and Crawford, which is a great backcourt, put a scorer like Carter in the mix, it would be sick. Sorry I can't make my mind up one this one.

...I can!

If Tim Thomas for Vince Carter presents itself you must make the trade.

1. Knick ticket prices. Vince is a major draw!
    2. Tim is taller but they average the same RPGs.
    3. Vince has outside touch and would thrive with presssure off of him.
    4. I believe Tim Thomas makes more than Vince.
    5. Vince is a proven all star.
    6. Vince is younger.

I think these 6 basketball points should be enough.