Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carter forcing a trade to NY

Superstar

Yes, but TT plays better D. And he plays the whole season while Carter's all about injuries. Do you want to bring the next Grant Hill on the stage? Me personally, I don't. I would've better taken Grant than Vince. Grant used to play some decent D at least. And he used to be more all-around than Vince.

But speaking of TT and Vince thing. For first, we'll have to give some1 esle bisdes Tim. For seond, Tim's bigger. For third he's better defender. For fourth, he can rule the board while Vince takes open rebounds. For fifth, Vince's too injuried. For sixth, Vince'd bring some heavy contract. For seventh, Vince does not care about the team of New York, only about how many games we've won last season. For eighth, we've got Jamaal and we have to give him big minutes while Vince's gonna take them off of Jamaal.

Definitely, we don't need Vince. At least now.

And as Wil said, he might not fit our team.

Good enough to convince you?

You made great points. I'm more thinking of a business concept. If I were GM and my job is to win games and more inportantly sell tickets and merchandise, I would probably have to take the risk and trade for him. He would bring a lot of revenue. But I'd rather see a PF in here. Someone like Stromile Swift.

yeah with carter marbury on the team allan houston would prob become are third option
    and a playr like allan houston as a third option is amazing considering how good he is

At the same time, it could be one of the best offensive combos in the NBA. Our defense is still going to be weak with the current squad. Why not make the offense stronger at this point, to make up for the lack of defense. Just a thought, I really am not sure what's the best choice.

Superstar

I'm all about defence. Remember, D wins games, wins championships. Vince's a great player but he's poor defender. And we're on the lack of size already. We need some big man, true defender, not VC true dunker...

I agree, Swift is our only option now, which is a trade I'd rather see over Carter. I'm not hearing anything in the press about that now. A trade for a center might not happen until the season is half over.

hey WiL8000 nice av. and i agree with you swift is the only person that the knicks are tring to get. we have to put everythign together and get this guy he can be a real be boost for this team. also he can play center. and he could be the guy to back up nazr or nazr can back him up.

You guys are hitting it on the nail. Swift gives us a marquee big man entering his prime. Having a high-fying big man playing along with perimiter studs like SM, JC and AH is deadly. Just look at the Nets (JK, RJ, and KM) and the Pistons (CB, RH, BW, and RW).

the only team we need to try to match up with is Detroit. I don't like KT or MS against Rasheed Wallace. He's 6-10 and they're like 6-8. I need to hear more Stromile Swift rumors. We need to get that notion in Jerry's West mind. We need to offer whomever they ask for besides SM, TT and JC and our new draft pick.

idk theres not enough rumors or talks about swift around to get me fullly convinced that swift is an option, and with no money to offer that brings are chances down even more. ... plus i think we need swif to show some more intrest in coming here to and maybe west will start thi9nkign about what the knicks can offer for him

Superstar

I agree, there's not enough rumors about Swift coming here. And me personally I don't think he'd like to go East even if we asked him to. Mikki Moore would've been a good help from the bench, too pity Clippers signed him already. I think we should search talents over minor leagues. Remember, Rafer spend couple of years playing for NBDL and look at him now.

if swift does come.

PG- marbury / norris
    SG- houston / crawford
    SF- T.thomas / Hardaway
    PF- K.thomas / sweetney
    C- swift / Mohammed

how does everyone feel about that liine up. i think we win the divison but the playoffs worry me but no doubt this team has talent.

Superstar

Why are you talking about Swift all the time? He's not even an option... yet. Let's face what we've got. For real, no 'ifs'.

As for now I see a very solid and conteding team. The only one prob we've got is the lack of great big men. So what? We've got Jamaal, Allan and Steph! We've got TT and Kurt, we've got Baker. We've got Nazr and Penny. Damn, that's tight. I bet there are not many NBA teams with roster like that.

And remember we've got Isiah as well...

I predict top 5 in the East.

all we can do is wait because swift seems like the only player we can get now. and its unlikey we are ganna get him so the team we got now is the we start the season with most likey.

Superstar

Wait? Hell no, we must work on to aquire him if we do want him here 'cuz he does not seem to be a easy going option. Btw, what's about our $?

im thining a sign and trade. i dont know who we give them but thats up to isiah