Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carter forcing a trade to NY

Superstar

Maybe a rookie. I would've go for rookie rather then for some 4-5 year vet, cuz' we must take care of future developement. Our draft picks ain't impressing...

Originally Posted by newmove
    Maybe a rookie. I would've go for rookie rather then for some 4-5 year vet, cuz' we must take care of future developement. Our draft picks ain't impressing...
    Our draft picks ain't impressing what do you mean by that. sweetney was such a big spick up and this new rookie as been ever thing we dident expect.

Superstar

Sweet ain't Oakfor, that's impressing.

Okafur hasnt impressed me yet... Cant even score points vs Angola...

yea probably because he forgot to play. i mean brown hardly plays him. we cant expect him to come in to a game after a week rest and be lights out.

Superstar

The reason why he didn't score vs Angola was that he was warmin the bench the whole game. Give him 15-20 minutes and he'll impress you by his game play. Haven't you ever seen him play?

yea i watch all the usa games and he hardly plays. i dident really watch collage basketball soo i dident see what this guy can do. i really want to see his talent.

yeaa come on u cnt say oakfor aint got skillz, he ttok hsi team 2, final 4 they would even made it there if it wasnt 4 him..the old problems he has is his back and i havent heard him complain about it and hes on bobcats they suk soo hes like the best playa on team and hasent played a game yett.

Superstar

He's got his ankle man. Remember? That might be serious. Just recall what has happened to Grant Hill. And Ray Allen, though he recovered.

Okafor's got pretty good game but his injuries may affect it.

yeea hes prob gona be a grand hill who sits n get spaid 4 siting in the crowd thats liek mans dream egting paed BIG!! and do nutin!

hes going to be a center right?? and if thats ture i like it. he is a major threat in the low post and thats what ever team needs

Okafur never impressed me to the point where I would say he's going to be a force to be reckoned with,but he's young and athletic and has raw skills.He can be what a Ben Wallace turned out to be.But it's going to be a minute before we can see what he can do.He wasn't that great since the Duke game where he woke up in the 4th qtr to save his team from defeat with 2 timely plays.Other than that,I can't say I've seen him do anything special.What has he done in games that was so special?

I've watched Okafor play when he was at UConn. I think Okafor needs more offensive touch, but he plays awesome defense. If he can stay away from back problems, he could be the real deal. He also needs to vastly improve his freethrow shooting. And with the dig at Sweetney & Azaria, I think we could've done worse. Anyone who thinks they won't make a difference at some point is nuts. If those guys get playing time, they'll develop and make a difference.

Yo I say we take out Anderson and Moochie and blame it on the terrorists..then Ariza and Sweetney could get some playing time to develop.... : )

the toronto start just reported that vince carter demanded an immediate trade

"It's time for the truth: I want to be traded, I'm ready to be traded," the 27-year-old Raptor all-star told the Star last night.

"First and foremost, this has nothing to do with the fans or the city, it's just time for me to look after me."

Carter, who has been the subject of intense trade rumours since the end of the season, said his decision to go public last night is because he's frustrated at the pace of trade talks the Raptors have been pursuing.

He conceded it would be interesting to play in New York ("It's the mecca of basketball," he said) despite the presence of ex-Raptor coach Lenny Wilkens, with whom Carter clashed in 2002-03."I would love to play in Florida (where he was born and maintains an off-season home). It's just time to move."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]