Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 85

Thread: Double Header Threader - Knicks V Sixers Home + Away: Revenge + Solidification.

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    HOW THE **** DO YOU WATCH THIS AND SAY WE NEED ANOTHER SCORER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAD THEM BEAT AND POOR PASSING AND COACHING HANDED THEM THE WIN
    Relax.

    Not just abt this game. In general, we need another scorer. Can't even sit Stat or Felton. Whenever we do, instant drought. Killed us again this game.

  2. #32
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Walsh is old-school. He likes big men. He went out and got Mike 2 young bigs and MD hardly even let's them play, even though our lack of size is causing is to lose.

    This must eat away at Walsh. I guarantee if Walsh stays... Mike goes. Even more sure MD is fired if we bring in somebody else.

    MD will be judged on this year, and so far the results aren't good.

    If you get Carmelo, you don't need an offensive coach. Melo-Stat will take care of that.

    Plus, after 3 years... This city has had enough of playing small, lack of attention to defense and the fact that our entire bball philosophy is based on cross half court and shoot from 28 feet.

    I appreciate defense and ball movement. I refuse to live with a coach who prefers a 6"8' PF and 6"9 center. I won't stand for that.

    We have 35 games left and then we are free of Dantoni!

  3. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I don't think it's fair to judge D'antoni from just this season. He still does not have his kinda team. Not saying he should play williams on Brand ever (wth?) But this team is still not his type of team. And, to be fair, he did come knowing his first two seasons would be wasted to get under the cap. And he makes 7 mil per, correct? I say get Melo, shape the team to fit his style more, give him his 4th yr. All bets off after.

  4. #34
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Relax.

    Not just abt this game. In general, we need another scorer. Can't even sit Stat or Felton. Whenever we do, instant drought. Killed us again this game.
    Crazy how when Stat and Felton weren't on the floor we had better ball movement and defense with a lineup of
    TD
    Walker
    Fields
    Gallo
    Gov

  5. #35
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Crazy how when Stat and Felton weren't on the floor we had better ball movement and defense with a lineup of
    TD
    Walker
    Fields
    Gallo
    Gov
    One day the Knicks fan base will realize that it's not the players that are the problem...It's the coach.

    I bet you money that if you take any one of our guys and put them in another teams system that stresses D and they would excel. All these guys on our squad didn't make it to the NBA on pure offensive talent. Our coach just doesn't understand how to coach, utilize talent and/or call a good defensive game. D'Antoni is one of the worse Knicks coaches ever. I don't understand why people don't see this.

  6. #36
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    One day the Knicks fan base will realize that it's not the players that are the problem...It's the coach.

    I bet you money that if you take any one of our guys and put them in another teams system that stresses D and they would excel. All these guys on our squad didn't make it to the NBA on pure offensive talent. Our coach just doesn't understand how to coach, utilize talent and/or call a good defensive game. D'Antoni is one of the worse Knicks coaches ever. I don't understand why people don't see this.
    I do blame the coach but also some of our players do try to play D(AMARE,Felton)

  7. #37
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,482
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Missed the game. Someone please tell me how STAT got obliterated by Elton Brand.

  8. #38
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Turiaf was on Brand for alot of those himself actually

  9. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Crazy how when Stat and Felton weren't on the floor we had better ball movement and defense with a lineup of
    TD
    Walker
    Fields
    Gallo
    Gov
    I disagree. We had the lead due to Felton bussin in the 3rd. Douglas kills our ball movement. Where is Fields? Walker played? TD always grand hustle, but when he runs the show, we're done.

    We need things. A few. But we are an offensive team, end of the day. And if we had another 20 a night, games like this would be won easily. All im saying

  10. #40
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm getting tired of announcers knowing our game too. Today as they were doing the commendation, they mention that basically we choke down the stretch consistently. Seems everyone knows our ways

  11. #41
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,482
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Went back and watched the 4th. Our offence was just hideous.

    It was a brilliant end sequence by us. Can't knock the boys for grinding out the waning seconds.

    But still, that's a tough loss suffered to execution. The offensive genius strikes again! How often did we run the high post cut in to the paint? 2 charges that cost us for being repetitive.

    STAT needs to wake up and realise that these are his games to win. He was furious tonight.

    Did you see Doug Collins screaming for a tech after the final buzzer!? What a ****. Trying to get STAT out of the next one at home.

  12. #42
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I disagree. We had the lead due to Felton bussin in the 3rd. Douglas kills our ball movement. Where is Fields? Walker played? TD always grand hustle, but when he runs the show, we're done.

    We need things. A few. But we are an offensive team, end of the day. And if we had another 20 a night, games like this would be won easily. All im saying
    Yeah Right! we got the lead because of Mozgov and Gallo in the second to fuel us when we were down 14. Those to came out swinging Mozgov with 7 and 5 in the 2nd while Gallo had 11 an 8 in the thrid on 7/7 ft. Felton played alright but got too trigger happy took 20 shots and stop passing( had 8 assist at the HALF) and finished with 9.

  13. #43
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Went back and watched the 4th. Our offence was just hideous.

    It was a brilliant end sequence by us. Can't knock the boys for grinding out the waning seconds.

    But still, that's a tough loss suffered to execution. The offensive genius strikes again! How often did we run the high post cut in to the paint? 2 charges that cost us for being repetitive.

    STAT needs to wake up and realise that these are his games to win. He was furious tonight.

    Did you see Doug Collins screaming for a tech after the final buzzer!? What a ****. Trying to get STAT out of the next one at home.
    +1...

    I don't think D'Antoni is an offensive genius. He just has our guys give up second chance points and rebounds by trying to run the fast break every play. Whenever we have to run a half-court offense we end up just running an isolation and chucking up some garbage shot. Other than just isolating a shooter, the only other play we run is the high screen and roll. We run that play pretty much all game. All the opposing team coach has to do is prepare his team to cover it and we're screwed.

    I felt like turning the game of tonight 4 minutes into the fourth. I hope (no)D-Antoni is gone after the season... I'm sick and tired of his garbage coaching...He's got players now...NO EXCUSES!!!

  14. #44
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Technicals --Who Shoots

    Felton shot well tonight and made the one technical shot the Knicks had, but Gallo was on the floor when the technical was made.

    Who decides who takes the shot? D"Antoni? Felton is a good foul shooter. He is at .864 this year and .795 for his career. But Gallo is .888 this year and .855 for his short career. The difference is slight, but there still is a difference. Why not go with the percentages?

    Gallo deferred to Williams for the final shot and that was probably the right play. Williams leads the league in 3 Pt % and is usually deadly from the corner. I thought he had room to take the 3 point shot. His drive was weak and his shot on the drive terrible.

  15. #45
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm really getting tired of seeing Michael D'Antoni getting a semi-pass because he doesn't have "his guys." The same guys that he had with a back-to-back MVP Steve Nash and beastly Amar'e approaching his prime...and no championships.

    The dude isn't proven in the NBA. If you're gonna buy into Walt Clyde's phrase of "you make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the post season." The **** has D'Antoni done in the post season? His philosophy and system are flawed from an NBA standpoint. WE. ARE. DOOMED. WITH. THIS. DUDE.

    We need to continue to build a solid basketball roster, not cater to the stubborn coach who's system has produced a bunch of early exits in the playoffs. Don't tell us that we can't judge D'Antoni off of this season, last season, or his first season, because he "doesn't have his guys," just look at what Phoenix did under him....put up nice numbers in the regular season and then get handled in the playoffs like the red headed stepchild.

Similar Threads

  1. These Knicks May not be together Much Longer
    By Oakman88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2011, 09:03
  2. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  3. GAME THREAD - 1/28/06 - L - Knicks (76) @ Sixers (91)
    By Peach_NYK_21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2006, 14:22
  4. GAME THREAD: 11/26/05 - W - Knicks (105) vs. Sixers (102)
    By Brian_Coleman_21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Nov 28, 2005, 22:58
  5. 11 Names on the Knicks Wanted List
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2004, 22:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •