Double Header Threader - Knicks V Sixers Home + Away: Revenge + Solidification.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Went back and watched the 4th. Our offence was just hideous.

It was a brilliant end sequence by us. Can't knock the boys for grinding out the waning seconds.

But still, that's a tough loss suffered to execution. The offensive genius strikes again! How often did we run the high post cut in to the paint? 2 charges that cost us for being repetitive.

STAT needs to wake up and realise that these are his games to win. He was furious tonight.

Did you see Doug Collins screaming for a tech after the final buzzer!? What a cunt. Trying to get STAT out of the next one at home.

I disagree. We had the lead due to Felton bussin in the 3rd. Douglas kills our ball movement. Where is Fields? Walker played? TD always grand hustle, but when he runs the show, we're done.

We need things. A few. But we are an offensive team, end of the day. And if we had another 20 a night, games like this would be won easily. All im saying

Yeah Right! we got the lead because of Mozgov and Gallo in the second to fuel us when we were down 14. Those to came out swinging Mozgov with 7 and 5 in the 2nd while Gallo had 11 an 8 in the thrid on 7/7 ft. Felton played alright but got too trigger happy took 20 shots and stop passing( had 8 assist at the HALF) and finished with 9.

KingofNy

Starter
Went back and watched the 4th. Our offence was just hideous.

It was a brilliant end sequence by us. Can't knock the boys for grinding out the waning seconds.

But still, that's a tough loss suffered to execution. The offensive genius strikes again! How often did we run the high post cut in to the paint? 2 charges that cost us for being repetitive.

STAT needs to wake up and realise that these are his games to win. He was furious tonight.

Did you see Doug Collins screaming for a tech after the final buzzer!? What a cunt. Trying to get STAT out of the next one at home.

+1...

I don't think D'Antoni is an offensive genius. He just has our guys give up second chance points and rebounds by trying to run the fast break every play. Whenever we have to run a half-court offense we end up just running an isolation and chucking up some garbage shot. Other than just isolating a shooter, the only other play we run is the high screen and roll. We run that play pretty much all game. All the opposing team coach has to do is prepare his team to cover it and we're screwed.

I felt like turning the game of tonight 4 minutes into the fourth. I hope (no)D-Antoni is gone after the season... I'm sick and tired of his garbage coaching...He's got players now...NO EXCUSES!!!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Technicals --Who Shoots

Felton shot well tonight and made the one technical shot the Knicks had, but Gallo was on the floor when the technical was made.

Who decides who takes the shot? D"Antoni? Felton is a good foul shooter. He is at .864 this year and .795 for his career. But Gallo is .888 this year and .855 for his short career. The difference is slight, but there still is a difference. Why not go with the percentages?

Gallo deferred to Williams for the final shot and that was probably the right play. Williams leads the league in 3 Pt % and is usually deadly from the corner. I thought he had room to take the 3 point shot. His drive was weak and his shot on the drive terrible.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm really getting tired of seeing Michael D'Antoni getting a semi-pass because he doesn't have "his guys." The same guys that he had with a back-to-back MVP Steve Nash and beastly Amar'e approaching his prime...and no championships.

The dude isn't proven in the NBA. If you're gonna buy into Walt Clyde's phrase of "you make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the post season." The **** has D'Antoni done in the post season? His philosophy and system are flawed from an NBA standpoint. WE. ARE. DOOMED. WITH. THIS. DUDE.

We need to continue to build a solid basketball roster, not cater to the stubborn coach who's system has produced a bunch of early exits in the playoffs. Don't tell us that we can't judge D'Antoni off of this season, last season, or his first season, because he "doesn't have his guys," just look at what Phoenix did under him....put up nice numbers in the regular season and then get handled in the playoffs like the red headed stepchild.

CoolClyde

branded

I was screaming for Antoni to take a time out with 10 seconds left.
what kind of coach lets the game end without a set play or two? typical!

I noticed the Gov was open on a few pick and rolls and TD/RF did not see him.

Chandler... invisible.

If not for Felton's amazing 3rd Q, we would not have been close.
this is how the Antoni game plan operates, hit or miss, win or lose.

I've been silent about the Gov, but 3 games into his resurgence, I think it's safe to say,
the Knicks are better with him. I'd been saying he needs minutes on the court,
but many KO posters are saying he is garbage and contributed to Knicks losing. WRONG.
It is the short rotation that has been the undoing of this team, STAT and Felton are tired more than not,
and they are no longer consistent. this has been a fear all along using 8-man rotate.

Amazingly, Antoni used 10 men tonite, although Bill Walker only got a few minutes to miss 2 threes.

It took injuries to get Mosgov off the bench, and now he's back in the rotation where he belongs,
and is contributing. Last night his +/- was +8 compared to +/- of -8 for Turiaf, basically same amount of minutes.

This is not the first time a player has gotten off the bench, out of the D'oghouse, due to injuries,
and then surprises the coach with his positive contributions, leading him back into rotation at detriment of others.

This is why Antoni sucks and is an epic failure as a coach. He does not recognize how to best
utilize his players, until they smack him in the face with their obvious abilities.
instead he expect x-amount players to conform to his system, and stay healthy all season without tiring. fail.

Expand the rotation, utilize Randolph and Mosgov where the situation dictates,
and stop this small-man, short rotation lameness.

pringle_wesuck.jpg

If anyone here is going to the game tomorrow.. Should we happen to lose to these bums again.. please start a fire Damntoni chant..

Done. Truth be told, he needs to go whether we win or lose.
Couldn't agree more. We'll never be more than a entertaining team who wins games here and there with him. Even if we get to the playoffs I say we should fire him afterwards. Like what the Bulls did with Vinny Del Negro.

If anyone here is going to the game tomorrow.. Should we happen to lose to these bums again.. please start a fire Damntoni chant..
You are clueless...

When was the last time the Knicks finished over .500?

Please grade each of the players on Knicks roster.

Your basketball knowledge is minimal if you are comparing D'Antoni to Del Negro...

Who did Coach K choose for his main assistant with USA Basketball? (Olympic team) He could have any coach in the country help him...

What were your expectations for this team prior to the season starting?

How many games did the Knicks win last year? How many this year?

This is a project that if Walsh wasn't so brilliant we would still be stuck with a horrible team and in cap hell. NOBODY has a clue of what it took for him to accomplish this feat. Absolutely huge! However, D'Antoni is playing with the players Walsh gets him while Walsh lays the foundation. I think this is the FIRST year of that foundation... Fans are never happy and just don't understand the inner workings of an organization. Everyone should be thrilled that this team may make the playoffs.

Wake up and smell reality. NO COACH could take this team any further then D'Antoni has this year. They play hard every-night and they are very undermanned - you just think these guys are good because your a Knicks fan.

Ever realize when Amare leaves the game the team for the most part falls apart and can't score? Called getting some more talent - and trust me it's coming.

D'Antoni is one of the best coaches in the NBA - fans are greedy.

Looking forward to seeing your grade of the current Knicks talent. BTW, Randolph hypers - the guy has no clue how to play help D, and is lost on offense. He has talent, but it will be a few years before he gets his shot. That is why they are dangling him in trade talks.

More info:
www.gardenhoops.wordpress.com

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Your basketball knowledge is minimal if you are comparing D'Antoni to Del Negro...

Who did Coach K choose for his main assistant with USA Basketball? (Olympic team) He could have any coach in the country help him...

This is a project that if Walsh wasn't so brilliant we would still be stuck with a horrible team and in cap hell. NOBODY has a clue of what it took for him to accomplish this feat. Absolutely huge! However, D'Antoni is playing with the players Walsh gets him while Walsh lays the foundation. I think this is the FIRST year of that foundation... Fans are never happy and just don't understand the inner workings of an organization. Everyone should be thrilled that this team may make the playoffs.

Wake up and smell reality. NO COACH could take this team any further then D'Antoni has this year. They play hard every-night and they are very undermanned - you just think these guys are good because your a Knicks fan.

Ever realize when Amare leaves the game the team for the most part falls apart and can't score? Called getting some more talent - and trust me it's coming.

Looking forward to seeing your grade of the current Knicks talent. BTW, Randolph hypers - the guy has no clue how to play help D, and is lost on offense. He has talent, but it will be a few years before he gets his shot. That is why they are dangling him in trade talks.

More info:

Your making some sense and I agree w a lot of the above, but posting the same thing to multiple posters is wack. It's evident there's a conflict of interest here.

Mods can we do something about this guy??

CoolClyde

clueless guru

i don't know what's worse, guru's love of Antoni, his multiple postings, hyping his wordpress site,
or coming on KO site with a sh*tty attitude... ce la vie.
:gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

More info:

All the best with that poo site, O Wise Llama.

farnsworth_eat_a_dick.gif

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Preparing For Game 2

large.jpg

REVENGE!

Put aside trade talks for a while comrades. We've gotta kick these upstarts right in their lolly bags tonight!

It once looked like the New York Knicks would cruise to their first playoff berth in seven seasons. The teams behind them in the Eastern Conference seem to be catching up, with the Philadelphia 76ers leading the way.

The 76ers will try to move even closer to the Knicks on Sunday in the finale of a home-and-home set at Madison Square Garden.

New York (25-24) fell 100-98 at Philadelphia (23-26) on Friday for its ninth loss in 12 games. The Knicks shot 40.2 percent, missing 19 of 27 3-pointers.

?We gotta definitely look ourselves in the mirror collectively and play much better,? center Amare Stoudemire(notes) said. ?We?re slacking right now.?

The 76ers, in contrast, are the team on the rise as winners of six of seven. Elton Brand(notes) dominated the interior with a season-high 33 points and 16 rebounds, topping 30 points for the first time in three seasons with Philadelphia.

?Definitely a long time coming,? Brand said. ?Important game, game that means something. It?s February. We?re in playoff position right now. It?s absolutely what I came for.?

Philadelphia also won at New York 106-96 on Nov. 7. The 76ers have trailed heading into the fourth quarter before outscoring the Knicks by 11 in the final period in both meetings.

The Knicks rallied from an early 14-point deficit to take an 82-73 lead Friday heading into the final 12 minutes before faltering.

?Once we came back and took the lead, we let down,? Stoudemire said. ?We?ve done that before and we?ve got to correct it.?

Stoudemire has scored 21 points in each game against the Sixers, but missed 12 of 19 shots Friday. Danilo Gallinari(notes) averaged 28.0 points in his last two games, but is at 16.5 points on 34.8 percent in two matchups against Philadelphia, with Andre Iguodala(notes) defending him for long stretches.

large.jpg

?When you make Amare shoot 20 times to get 20 points, you are going to be in pretty good shape,? Sixers coach Doug Collins said. ??Dre did a magnificent job on Gallinari.?

Philadelphia can move within one game of New York on Sunday. The Knicks are trying to avoid falling to .500 for the first time since Nov. 28.

?You can?t put a lot of weight but at the same time, it?s a must win,? said point guard Raymond Felton(notes) about Sunday?s game. ?We gotta know the importance of that. It?s a team that?s right behind us.?

Iguodala had 18 points and a career-high 16 assists Friday for his sixth double-double along with no turnovers. He has 41 assists to six turnovers over his last five games.

Felton was also terrific with 26 points and nine assists, although he did not register an assist in the 16-point fourth quarter for New York.

?It always hurts to lose but I did think we played well,? coach Mike D?Antoni said. ?But they played well also. It was a good game and we had our chances.?

The Knicks are one of the best shot blocking teams in the NBA with 6.3 per game while the Sixers are one of the worst at 4.1. In the season series, however, New York has 11 blocks and Philadelphia 12.

large.jpg

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Yea I hope the team isn't too distracted today w these new scenarios popping off.

Look for more help on Brand in this game, some timely doubles and more focus in general. He really worked us over... Can't happen again.

We just need a full 48 min effort and we got these guys.

CoolClyde

philly nilly

hah ha ha, eat a dick!! classic loco ochos!!

thank you rady, for banning the doodoo guru.

looking forward to today's game, i have a feeling Knicks will bounce back super strong;
latest trade talks will invigorate team (other than Weedson Chandler, who needs to come off the bowl,
er bench with his invisibility cloak).
expect STAT attack, Gallinero 3-deluxe, Feltip move/groove, dish/swish to afternoon delight.
I predict the Gov shall reign supreme.

just gotta watch out for rebound game from Jew Holyday, keep Elton John from going nuts in paint,
and prevent Iggypop from posterizations.

Knicks 106
86'ers 97
:gony: