Has The Media Gone Too Far

It all started with the Lebron James hype during the 2008 season, tracking and following every word that related to new york, the knicks, manhatten, even orange shoes made the front page if lebron was donning them during summer work outs. IT translated into the decision, pushed forth to carmelo, and now it has under cut our president donnie walsh; stating things that are deemed by the man himself to be untrue.

Where are these sources, who are these sources, when does defamation of character come into the picture, when does david stern step in and put the muzzle on the amount of information that can be written about these players to be un true

one day artest wants out of LA

next day no way artest wants out of LA

one day NJ has meeting with melo

next day Melo never said that

One day its a source said this, then the player or GM comes out and says they never said that.

Its a circus, and truly its going to develop into a trend that ruins the NBA.

What I mean by ruin is that the whole fun of free agency has been tossed out the window, and now resembles something along the lines of a WWF pre match in the ring monologue.

Any one else find this irritating , or am I just too old school for the abrupt nature of twitter running trade, free agency, general management negotions in 2011.

Toons

is the Bo$$
kinda agree, but it gives us fans so much to talk about.
specualtion was always around, its just that in this information age, speculatiion goes to millions and leaves the reader to decipher whats true and whats not.
i kinda like the media circus....and i would miss it if it goes....
imjussayin...

Toons

is the Bo$$
freedom of speech. they can say what they want. either you eat it up, or you dont.

p0nder

Starter
Meh, i never was much one to follow the trade rumors and all the hoops-hoopla. Either way the rumors and speculation has been around forever. I just like evaluating the team as it stands and where we can get better with the players we have.

I would like to see certain players in blue and orange, but until the actual trade or signing goes through, it's all a pile of bullshit anyways. you'd do best to ignore the crap and just enjoy your team. you can choose to opt in to trade rumors and follow realgm and all that crap or not.

Kiyaman

Legend
My advice to u is to follow 1 or 2 NBA broadcastors.
The internet sports writers and sorry sports writers for newspapers make their money off of rumors and gossip.