Knicks, scout fined for violating Draft-related rules

p0nder

Starter
Anyone have any further info on this? 200k seems like a lot. Is everyone that pissed that we got landry fields or is this regarding something else?

"
The NBA announced today that New York Knicks scout Rodney Heard has been fined $20,000 for violating league rules restricting contact between NBA teams and players eligible for the NBA Draft. The Knicks' organization has also been also fined $200,000 for Heard's actions.

advertisement_160.gif

Heard violated NBA rules on two occasions, once in May 2007 and again in May 2010.

"

Toons

is the Bo$$
Anyone have any further info on this? 200k seems like a lot. Is everyone that pissed that we got landry fields or is this regarding something else?

"
The NBA announced today that New York Knicks scout Rodney Heard has been fined $20,000 for violating league rules restricting contact between NBA teams and players eligible for the NBA Draft. The Knicks' organization has also been also fined $200,000 for Heard's actions.

advertisement_160.gif

Heard violated NBA rules on two occasions, once in May 2007 and again in May 2010.

"

it has more to do with wilson chandler shutting down his workouts for no apparent reason as if he was already promised by a team that they would sign him.

Toons

is the Bo$$
btw 200k is nothing for the knicks....
the rest of the league views this as a slap on the wrist
we could have had our draft pick revoked for the upcoming draft...
now that would have sucked big time

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Damn it. I was hoping that this would result in Isiah getting banned from the NBA...a long shot, I know, but I can dream, can't I?

moneyg

Starter
Damn it. I was hoping that this would result in Isiah getting banned from the NBA...a long shot, I know, but I can dream, can't I?

the funny thing is just that.. when everybody first heard about it .. they centerd on Isiah .. with the whole chandler thing...

to know that it still went on years after his removal...means it was a common practice and O'antoni/Walsh was on board as well...