We should of got Monta Ellis for Lee straight up

moneyg

Starter
wish we would have trade lee for monta straight up..

might as well have him than turiaf, randolph and azzy, its only a 3 mil difference in cap space if Turiaf picks up his option

we dont play defense anyway

if we had monta.. he would clearly be the second best player on the team...

felton 7.5
monta 11
stat 18.2
tmoz 2.7
fields/td/rautins 2.5mil
Gallo 4 mil

Thats 46 mil

about 13 mil in cap.. if we got rid of gallo we could of signed melo in the off season or trade monta and other to denver for him...im sure Denver would of wanted monta with the way things are going now..

and im sure GS is glad we never accepted that trade offer

2011 would have been

felton
monta
melo
amare
tmoz/ or who else

with fields, td, etc off the bench

that would of put us in a better position than we are now

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think Donnie made the right trade. Golden State didn't even know he'd be doing this good. We traded for defense and the future (Randolph).

I'd LOVE Monta, but it was a good decision by Walsh.

moneyg

Starter
I think Donnie made the right trade. Golden State didn't even know he'd be doing this good. We traded for defense and the future (Randolph).

I'd LOVE Monta, but it was a good decision by Walsh.

yeah.. but i did.. and i got killed for it..

now GS would probably trade Stephen Curry before Monta.....

Walsh has been good...but he should of gambled a lil on this one

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
yeah.. but i did.. and i got killed for it..

now GS would probably trade Stephen Curry before Monta.....

Walsh has been good...but he should of gambled a lil on this one
Maybe he didn't gamble because of all the cap space we have the next two summers.

When Does Ellis' contract come up?

moneyg

Starter
Maybe he didn't gamble because of all the cap space we have the next two summers.

When Does Ellis' contract come up?

he's got a player option for 2013 which he probaly will op out if his play continues...

he has one of the better bang for your buck contract in the league

even if u wanted a CP3 in 2012.. im sure NOH would be willing to listen to offers centered around him on a sign and trade if they losing CP3 and im sure Utah would do the same for D will , etc

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
he's got a player option for 2013 which he probaly will op out if his play continues...

he has one of the better bang for your buck contract in the league

even if u wanted a CP3 in 2012.. im sure NOH would be willing to listen to offers centered around him on a sign and trade if they losing CP3 and im sure Utah would do the same for D will , etc
Hmmm, 11 million a year 'till 2013. That's pretty great.

Maybe his attitude was also a concern for Donnie. He got married over the summer and changed, so he changed pretty quickly.

Anyway, I fully support Donnie's decision. I have a feeling if he knew he'd play this good he would have gotten him.

Are you kidding me?

Gallo is a stud and will be an All-Star in 2 years. Have you noticed how much he is starting to drive and getting to the line???

Ellis is scorer and the Knicks don't need a gunner, especially at 11million. He is very overrated, that is why GS is trying to dump him. We need a guy who can play the PG position and plays tough D as well. In D'Antoni's system you need 2 PG's who can play both ends of floor. He has never had it. Nash was great offensively but huge liability on D. Felton can't do it 30-40 every game on both ends. He is already breaking down w injuries. Same with Amare... They need a low post scorer in the worst way.

Your focus on Ellis is a waste of time - he is overrated and Knicks aren't looking for another Nate Robinson.

http://gardenhoops.wordpress.com/20...for-wednesday-nights-showdown-with-mavericks/

Ellis is another Nate Robinson - Knicks have zero interest.

Hmmm, 11 million a year 'till 2013. That's pretty great.

Maybe his attitude was also a concern for Donnie. He got married over the summer and changed, so he changed pretty quickly.

Anyway, I fully support Donnie's decision. I have a feeling if he knew he'd play this good he would have gotten him.

Gallo is a stud and will be an All-Star in 2 years. Have you noticed how much he is starting to drive and getting to the line???

Ellis is scorer and the Knicks don't need a gunner, especially at 11million. He is very overrated, that is why GS is trying to dump him. We need a guy who can play the PG position and plays tough D as well. In D'Antoni's system you need 2 PG's who can play both ends of floor. He has never had it. Nash was great offensively but huge liability on D. Felton can't do it 30-40 every game on both ends. He is already breaking down w injuries. Same with Amare... They need a low post scorer in the worst way.

Your focus on Ellis is a waste of time - he is overrated and Knicks aren't looking for another Nate Robinson.

http://gardenhoops.wordpress.com/201...ith-mavericks/

Toons

is the Bo$$
it was a sign & trade....not a trade. god damn you people just make me wonder where the hell you all were.....lee was leaving ANYWAY....we are lucky we got something for him. if we took monte, we would be out of the question to build a super team. btw, we already had our eyes on felton.

moneyg

Starter
it was a sign & trade....not a trade. god damn you people just make me wonder where the hell you all were.....lee was leaving ANYWAY....we are lucky we got something for him. if we took monte, we would be out of the question to build a super team. btw, we already had our eyes on felton.

oh really...who ever doent knoe it was a sign and trade.... shouldnt be posting on this site...

we took back salary for Lee.. didnt we????

azzy, AR and Turiaf.. thats about 10 mil....ok.. we still had room for felton...we could of use them in the backcourt together ...since monta is a SG and having fields come off the bench would of been a nice backup 2...

we would ofbeen in a better position...use ur logic.. not ur need to disagree with everythin i say...

i will say it again

id rather have monta on my team now than ,... turiaf, AR and azzy.. any GM thats disagress is foolish.. and any poster as well

we would of still had a 58 mil salary cap

do the math

im sure if we had monta.. denver would of shipped us melo a month ago

Toons

is the Bo$$
we took EXPIRING CONTRACTS and a rookie contract. not 11 mil per season till 2014. with the new cba coming, this would be a stupid move. but hey, i cant hate you if you want monte on ur team. hes a hell of a player. but our deal was sweeter. we could have never traded for melo without the first round pick we are flipping AR for. felton and monte would be jsut like monte and curry. one shoot first guard, and a short ass sg that cant defend anyone over 6'2''. can you imagine monte on iggy? kobe? gay? johnson? hell even stephen jackson will have a career night on a shorter guy. and there is no way we will sign monte, felton, amare, and pay our team, AND HAVE 58 mil left. you do the math.