Melo - Ny Or Nothing

Toons

is the Bo$$
N.Y. or bust for ?Melo?
Carmelo Anthony
(NBAE/Getty Images)

Several sources told Yahoo! Sports that Carmelo Anthony?s agent, Leon Rose, has recently begun informing teams that the All-Star forward is interested in signing a contract extension with only the New York Knicks. The stance has weakened the Denver Nuggets? leverage in trying to deal Anthony, not only to other teams, but also the Knicks.

The sources said the Knicks don?t feel pressed to present a substantial trade offer to the Nuggets because they think they can also sign Anthony after the season if he opts out of his contract, as expected.

?If you?re New York, you just sit and wait until the offseason,? one general manager said. ?That?s where it?s likely to go. Why give up assets to get him now when you can wait and get him next season??

Said another source: ?If ?Melo is telling the world he wants to go [to New York], why fight so hard to get him? [Knicks president] Donnie Walsh knows this.?

Though there?s less than three weeks before the Feb. 24 trade deadline, a deal for Anthony isn?t imminent. Sources said the Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks still have interest in Anthony despite knowing he doesn?t plan to re-sign with them.

?Don?t blame ?Melo. He?s been up front about wanting to go to New York since the summer,? one source close to the talks said. ?They better trade him to New York or end up with nothing.

I smell a 3 team trade to go down. bye bye randolph.....

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Congratulations!!!!

You have made the 100 Millionth thread about Melo that has given all of us no new info.

Your prize is....

:moon:

This is not an attack on you but come on ppl... if we all know Melo wants NY and NY wants Melo and Denver is losing control of the situation then what more is there to talk about... just enjoy watching the maturation of our young talent this season and know in the back of your heads that next year the Knicks will be the most popular team in New York.

KingofNy

Starter
Congratulations!!!!

You have made the 100 Millionth thread about Melo that has given all of us no new info.

Your prize is....

This is not an attack on you but come on ppl... if we all know Melo wants NY and NY wants Melo and Denver is losing control of the situation then what more is there to talk about... just enjoy watching the maturation of our young talent this season and know in the back of your heads that next year the Knicks will be the most popular team in New York.

I don't know about you...But any info on the Melo front is interesting to me... Especially when it's positive news. Thanks to the OP for posting and F the haters.

petescud

Starter
This is great....hope he comes soon wise we are an early exit out of the playoffs this year (if we make them)

dave2138

Rotation player
If it did get to the point where it was 100% inevitable that Melo would be a Knick at the end of the season. Don't you think the Knicks would trade Wilson Chandler right now for whatever they can get. Maybe move up in the draft. I think he would fit perfectly with the Clippers.

Chandler + Knicks 1st round pick (~18) for Clippers pick (~7-10). Maybe get a chance at getting Enes Kanter.

Wargames

Starter

I like your idea and honestly I could see them adding Telfair for Walker just because they might need a SG to replace Brewer (I am not sure on this because I never really watch the Timberwolves play). Telfair is a pass first PG from what I hear and could definitely play back up to Felton. So in one trade we will fix some major holes in our rotation and I wouldn't be surprised if we bring back our other big from europe once the trade deadline is over to add depth to our big line up.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Congratulations!!!!

Your prize is....

dont be a douchebag....if i see an interesting article about my team, i repost here so others wont have to do the searchin that i do. if you didnt want to read it, why did you enter the post? its simple, (seems like u r 2) whenever you see a melo thread....dont click it. i know it sounds crazy, but i think its gonna work for u

dont be a douchebag....if i see an interesting article about my team, i repost here so others wont have to do the searchin that i do. if you didnt want to read it, why did you enter the post? its simple, (seems like u r 2) whenever you see a melo thread....dont click it. i know it sounds crazy, but i think its gonna work for u

MSGhobo247

Rotation player

Look all I'm saying is these articles are all the same... the sources could be the guy on the corner who sells hot dogs... I'm not saying that I don't appreciate the time you took to post this article... but if you are going to post an article how about posting one we haven't seen before in some variation... this just makes repetitive threads and ppl posting the same responses. No one really learned anything from this...

If we have learned a lesson from the Lebron circus it's not to get to into these articles and sources that are so sure... The news is a business and they have to sell a story but we don't have to talk about EVERY single one that comes out... If there was an interview with Melo and his agent they would probably both deny this (although it could very well be true).

Toons

is the Bo$$
Look all I'm saying is these articles are all the same... the sources could be the guy on the corner who sells hot dogs... I'm not saying that I don't appreciate the time you took to post this article... but if you are going to post an article how about posting one we haven't seen before in some variation... this just makes repetitive threads and ppl posting the same responses. No one really learned anything from this...

If we have learned a lesson from the Lebron circus it's not to get to into these articles and sources that are so sure... The news is a business and they have to sell a story but we don't have to talk about EVERY single one that comes out... If there was an interview with Melo and his agent they would probably both deny this (although it could very well be true).

if you read closely, this is the first article saying the the agent of melo is informing other teams that melo will only sign an extension with the knicks. there was always speculation, but i felt this confirmed it. so to me, it is different. i dont know about you, but what lesson have we learned? were you that hurt when lebron chose miami?

we have been saying as fans, why dont we just wait. the article then gives new information that our club is not feeling any pressure to sell the farm.

it also gives comments from other gm's around the nba.

my source is yahoo.com on this article.

if your not following closely, you wont pick up the 'nuggets' in the post.

clumsy

Rotation player
I'm kind of glad players are finally doing this in the NBA.

Every other industry is free market. You can get fired/hired as you please. If you don't like your situation you can opt out of your employment contract.
Why should the NBA be any different.

nyk_nyk

All Star
N.Y. or bust for ?Melo?
Carmelo Anthony
(NBAE/Getty Images)

Several sources told Yahoo! Sports that Carmelo Anthony?s agent, Leon Rose, has recently begun informing teams that the All-Star forward is interested in signing a contract extension with only the New York Knicks.

Either this is true or we were fleeced by the usual made up "sources" tactic.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
like broussard said...right now, without melo, we dont have a prayer of getting out of the 2nd round let alone the 1st round but with melo, we could be in championship discussions