Broussard - NYK/DEN/MIN Possible 3-team deal

nyk_nyk

All Star
Melo is pissed because we haven't gutted the team for him yet. Not because of Chandler. Donnie is not passing on Melo for Chandler. He's passing because Denver wants Chandler, Gallo and Fields. If Melo is pissed because we don't gut the team for him...then f*ck Melo. What a tool.

What are your sources?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What are your sources?

Stephen A Smith said Melo is annoyed with the Knicks for dragging their feet in trading for him. Denver wants all 3 young players, Donnie doesn't want to give all 3. Stephen A Smith was the first to report Lebron teaming up with Wade and Bosh. He reported it weeks before Broussard. Everbody thought he was crazy then. Smith is close with these guys.

This is essentially Melo leaking this info to pressure the Knicks. Melo wants his money and doesn't care about the Knicks. He's demanding to get his money.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Do you watch the games??? Chandler is more than "average at best" and Gallo isn't "superior" to him.

Plus why are you acting like this is true when it hasn't even been confirmed? Chandler has already been included in the deal according to numerous reports so none of this makes any sense.

I hate that the media can write or say whatever they want and we have to take it into consideration.

sorry but gallo has more value to us than chandler

dont hate. as a new york fan, im very accustomed to shit coming up late (such as cliff lee, philly talks and lebron james, miami talks) and they they happened when those guys seemed like locks to come to new york. im fearing the same for melo

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Stephen A Smith said Melo is annoyed with the Knicks for dragging their feet in trading for him. Denver wants all 3 young players, Donnie doesn't want to give all 3. Stephen A Smith was the first to report Lebron teaming up with Wade and Bosh. He reported it weeks before Broussard. Everbody thought he was crazy then. Smith is close with these guys.

This is essentially Melo leaking this info to pressure the Knicks. Melo wants his money and doesn't care about the Knicks. He's demanding to get his money.

oh please. so he wants to go to the knicks for money?

also, denver isnt getting all 3...they WANT all 3 and theyll do what it takes to pressure us to give them up but theyre not getting all 3

LJ4ptplay

Starter
oh please. so he wants to go to the knicks for money?

also, denver isnt getting all 3...they WANT all 3 and theyll do what it takes to pressure us to give them up but theyre not getting all 3

If he wasn't annoyed with the Knicks then I would agree with you. But it's clear this is about getting everything Melo wants. He wants New York and he wants his money. Or else he wouldn't be pissed. He would wait until the summer.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
If he wasn't annoyed with the Knicks then I would agree with you. But it's clear this is about getting everything Melo wants. He wants New York and he wants his money. Or else he wouldn't be pissed. He would wait until the summer.

how do you know its about money? maybe he just wants to play at home

LJ4ptplay

Starter
how do you know its about money? maybe he just wants to play at home

If it was just about playing in NY, he would be fine with waiting until free agency. He wouldn't be pissed that NY hasn't traded for him yet. That's why the NBA has free agency, so players can choose to play where they want. He wants that $65 mil AND NY.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
If it was just about playing in NY, he would be fine with waiting until free agency. He wouldn't be pissed that NY hasn't traded for him yet. That's why the NBA has free agency, so players can choose to play where they want. He wants that $65 mil AND NY.

well then can you blame him for wanting the best of both worlds

LJ4ptplay

Starter
well then can you blame him for wanting the best of both worlds

I can't blame him for wanting the money and NY, but bitching to the media that NY hasn't given up their young assets for him bothers me.

He's made over $100 mil in his career so far. If $145 mil is not enough and he must have $165 mil, and demands us to sacrifice for him so he can get his $165 mil, I don't know, that seems a little ridiculous to me.

I know I'm in the minority here, but for once, I would like to see a star athlete sacrifice for the team. It would be nice to see for a change.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I can't blame him for wanting the money and NY, but bitching to the media that NY hasn't given up their young assets for him bothers me.

He's made over $100 mil in his career so far. If $145 mil is not enough and he must have $165 mil, and demands us to sacrifice for him so he can get his $165 mil, I don't know, that seems a little ridiculous to me.

I know I'm in the minority here, but for once, I would like to see a star athlete sacrifice for the team. It would be nice to see for a change.

We have to be careful here. This could easily be his representatives (CAA) that are impatient with us. Melo has to know how negotiating goes and this is a process that rarely happens overnight. All he has to do is be patient for another two weeks and he will be a Knick if that's what he really wants.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Only thing that Melo can possibly be tired about is the story being dragged on and on, and he's getting hit from all sides with questions and speculation. Why would he be tired of NYK dragging their feet (which is the same thing that someone else "heard" from a "source" a while ago) when 1) Denver has done more feet dragging than anyone, and 2) It doesn't matter whether he gets traded now or Feb. 23rd 11:59.59pm....the money is the same. So saying he wants to get paid over and over is like saying that the sky is blue....no shit, now move on.

And don't tell me about S.A.S being on point with anything because he was also reporting that his sources told him that LBJ was "asking around" about the Knicks a week or two before dude made his announcement. Really Stephen....was he really asking around? Who told you that? When are people going to learn that these sources (if they even exist) can also have ulterior motives? Wouldn't it make sense for someone associated with NJ's front office to "leak" the news that the deal was 48 hours away from happening? These people don't give Broussard, SAS, Bucher, or any of the other "insiders" all of this info because they like the way they smell or are smitten with their sunny dispositions...something is in it for the alleged "source." It could be manipulation of the public's perspective, a negotiation ploy/tactic, or just media attention.

Carmelo being tired of this situation is obvious, you can see it on his face when he's asked about it. It has misinformed reporters asking him about how he feels about being traded to the Nets, right after a game, in the locker room. He's making a business decision, and tried to avoid attention by doing it behind closed doors and "saying all the right things" in front of cameras...and the story still hijacked the season. If being an NBA "inside-guy" who gets all of this hard to find info is saying...6 months after all of this began...that "Carmelo is tired of [insert team] dragging their feet....according to my sources" then sign me up.