Ewing Jr. D-League AllStar

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Ewing, Jr., Pittman Named To East All-Star Squad

SIOUX FALLS, SD - Sioux Falls Skyforce forward Patrick Ewing, Jr. and center Dexter Pittman were named to the Eastern Conference All-Star Team, the NBA Development League announced today. The 2011 NBA D-League All-Star Game presented by SonoSite will be played on Saturday, Feb. 19 on Center Court at NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by adidas. The game will air live on NBA TV at 4 p.m. CT.

Ewing, Jr., who was acquired in a trade with the Reno Bighorns on Jan. 25, is averaging 15.6 points and 8.6 rebounds in 28 games (27 starts). He made his Skyforce debut this past weekend against the Dakota Wizards and averaged 13.5 points and 10.5 rebounds in two contests.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ACR-9vrK09w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope Ewing Jr. can make the most of this and become another D-League story and become a true NBA player. He's doing well and wouldn't be surprise if he gets a 10 day contract to make a comeback to the Knicks or NBA.

STAT1

Starter
I think this kid deserves a chance on the Knicks in regular season play. I hope he gets it. Besides just the sentimental value of the storyline, I think his athleticism and work ethic would make him a nice role player for the Knicks.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if the trade goes down we'll definitely have a roster spot open, why not bring him in for a 10 day contract

LeFlume

All Star
There is a reason that he is in the D-League and not the NBA. He doesn't have what it takes to be an NBA player. You need more than a name. I hate to hurt your feelings but HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Pls let this kid go,

STAT1

Starter
There is a reason that he is in the D-League and not the NBA. He doesn't have what it takes to be an NBA player. You need more than a name. I hate to hurt your feelings but HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Pls let this kid go,

John Starks made the successful jump from the CBA to have a great career for the Knicks, why can't Ewing Jr do the same from the D Leagues if he keeps working hard at improving his game? The guy is an athletic freak & he is a good kid with good work ethic. He's not gonna be a star anytime soon but is it impossible for him to be a serviceable role player?