Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Howard to NY???? Magic dont win a ring, bye bye dwight

Default Howard to NY???? Magic dont win a ring, bye bye dwight

Howard has his eyes on Los Angeles and New York, sources close to him have insisted for months, and nothing short of championship basketball may be enough to compel him to re-sign with the Magic. Since trading for Arenas on Dec. 18, the Magic have had a nine-game winning streak, some real moments of promise, but this will never work unless Arenas has the staying power to evolve into a scaled-down, efficient model of his old explosive self. Yahoo! Sports

I thought about this...but I think if Melo comes to NY you can pencil it in that Dwight Howard is rockin Purp and Yellow.

yeah, i can see bynum, artest and a pick for howard....that would suck, but kobe would be like 36 then

Howard to NY = Not gonna happen. We're after Melo and CP3. Also Dwight said he wants a ring now, but we're some way off that. CP3 would be more important to us than Howard. Mozgv has shown signs of domination with his 7-1 athletic frame. I think in about 2 years he can be a double double machine. No need for Howard. We desperately need a world class playmaker like Chris Paul. We're not going to win a ring with Felton and Douglas at the point.

Paul
    Fields
    Melo
    STAT
    Mozgov

would be better than

Felton
    Fields
    Melo
    STAT
    Howard

imo.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Howard to NY = Not gonna happen. We're after Melo and CP3. Also Dwight said he wants a ring now, but we're some way off that. CP3 would be more important to us than Howard. Mozgv has shown signs of domination with his 7-1 athletic frame. I think in about 2 years he can be a double double machine. No need for Howard. We desperately need a world class playmaker like Chris Paul. We're not going to win a ring with Felton and Douglas at the point.

Paul
    Fields
    Melo
    STAT
    Mozgov

would be better than

Felton
    Fields
    Melo
    STAT
    Howard

imo.
    nah son.....a strong front court beats a strong back court....imo.

Howard would, in theory, solve any defensive and rebound liabilities we have.

I would rather have Dwight Howard then any player in the NBA.

He has had no stars on the Magic, and has carried that team to the finals.

He is THE big man.

Finding Centers that can bring even 75% of what Dwight does is so so rare.

But you are right, him coming to NY is sort of a long shot.

And I would still be excited if we did get CP3.

Stat + Howard = second coming of the "twin towers"

They would be an unstoppable duo. I know that balance and PG play are keys to winning in today's NBA, but i would love for this to happen. I don't know if they'd be a dynasty-bound team, but i think they would be the best front court tandem ever and would win a few titles.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Howard would, in theory, solve any defensive and rebound liabilities we have.
    cosign. what will paul bring that felton currently doesnt? 3 assists or so per game, better free throw shooting....
    IM not saying felton is better than paul.
    but if your upgrading out of need, and you have 2 A+ players, you go for the center.
    when has a pg carried a team to a ring?

Honestly I hope he stays in Orlando because it's better for the NBA. The more competitive teams, the better.

Originally Posted by Toons
    Howard has his eyes on Los Angeles and New York, sources close to him have insisted for months, and nothing short of championship basketball may be enough to compel him to re-sign with the Magic. Since trading for Arenas on Dec. 18, the Magic have had a nine-game winning streak, some real moments of promise, but this will never work unless Arenas has the staying power to evolve into a scaled-down, efficient model of his old explosive self. Yahoo! Sports
    Every "potential" FA has his eyes on NY & LA...

Tell us something we don't know. Its proven that an interest in one of the big market teams boost the bottom lines of players contracts... no surprise there

If you want to show us you want NY either take less, or demand and hold steadfast like Melo, get here...

Then I'll believe you.

Other than that, its the same old ploy to use NY

These reports make me smh. Dude still has another year on his contract, there is no indication to me he even wants to leave Disneyworld for Disneyland or any other city for that matter. I feel these are just for these writers to put crap out.

Originally Posted by Toons
    cosign. what will paul bring that felton currently doesnt? 3 assists or so per game, better free throw shooting....
    IM not saying felton is better than paul.
    but if your upgrading out of need, and you have 2 A+ players, you go for the center.
    when has a pg carried a team to a ring?

Isiah Thomas - Pistons, Magic Johnson - Lakers, Clyde Frazier - Knicks, Oscar Robertson - Bucks.

Noteable others who pushed their teams to the Finals: John Stockton, Gary Payton, Jason Kidd, Kevin Johnson.

I think in today's NBA the PG spot is the most important position, because of the pace of the game and the necessity to distribute the ball to so many different players (PFs taking 3 pointers etc.)

20 years ago most team's PGs had to carry the ball over the halfcourt mark and pass it to their big man near the paint.

Clyde Frazier said during preseason that he thinks this is the era of the PG, with so many talented PGs in the league and out of College. He also said that he thinks it is easier to turn a 7 footer into a decent rebounder/shot blocker than turning a shoot first PG into a good playmaker.

I agree with you on STAT and Howard beeing utterly dominant and all, but where do the passes come from? Felton has already trouble playing the pick and roll with Amar'e...

Paul could turn Mozgov into a 15 ppg center over a season with his passing. Look what Kidd did to the Nets in 2002-2005 or Nash in Phoenix. Plus Paul plays defense unlike the guys mentioned above.

Veteran

If he wants to win a ring then he leaves the Magic for sure. They made a major mistake trading for Arenas and now have to leave with him for 3 more years, the Wiz got lucky unloading him don't think anyone will want him now unless he miraculously turns his game around.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    Stat + Howard = second coming of the "twin towers"

They would be an unstoppable duo. I know that balance and PG play are keys to winning in today's NBA, but i would love for this to happen. I don't know if they'd be a dynasty-bound team, but i think they would be the best front court tandem ever and would win a few titles.
    That name would never go over in New York